Candleabration Bougillumination

Started by Anthony, March 07, 2007, 04:28:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

never2old

Watching that show always brings tears to my eyes...  It's just so beautiful!!

Last time I was in DLP it was raining/snowing, so they only had a shortened version  :(  Now I'm gonna have to go back...

Snow_White_Girl

I only ever saw it in the daylight because they performed it at 6.00 and the park shut at 7.00 (beginning of September)... I'll look forward to seeing it during the summer season when the park will be open late so hopefully it'll be performed after dark!  [-o<

\":lamp:\"

never2old

I saw it properly last November, when it was dark, and they also had the christmas lights in the castle. It was beautiful!! Looking forward to seeing it this summer.

With the park opening til 23:00, they've GOT to to Candleabration at night!!  :ears:

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "never2old"I saw it properly last November, when it was dark, and they also had the christmas lights in the castle. It was beautiful!! Looking forward to seeing it this summer.

With the park opening til 23:00, they've GOT to to Candleabration at night!!  :ears:

Can anybody remember what happened last summer?  If memory serves they did an early and late show, but I could have imagined it?
since 2001 (many before that)

never2old

I think they only had the one show, at night, but maybe it's wishful thinking...  :)

But they're already doing it as late as possible, either at 19:00 or 20:00 depending on the park closure time, surely it will be the same this summer?

Snow_White_Girl

From this video from dlrpmagic.com

//http://www.dlrpmagic.com/video/entertainment/candleabration-nighttime/

The caption says:
QuoteFilmed at night under dark in the height of the resort's 15th Anniversary (2007) Summer.

So that makes me think there must be an early and late show...  [-o<

I LOVE the music too! Makes me cry just listening to it hehe! :wink:

Patrick

Last summer they did Candleabration in a very clever, yet due to guest flow messy way, fantillusion was performed at 10.30pm, then candleabration was at 11pm, with the fireworks beginning at 11.15pm, this worked very well for everyone who was not standing directly in front of the castle for fantillusion.

zanderstarz

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"Candleabration is changing soon, the show will be tweaked with a new theme.

We are lead to believe that this is for Mickey's birthday.
~ just like we dreamed it ~

Snow_White_Girl

Aww yay :)... I'm glad they're at least doing something for Mickey's 80th! Wonder what the changes will be???  =D>

Poppy The Monkey

I recently saw a plan for the new central plaza stage. It is previewed that the stage will be made into a permant stone stage - taking up the entire centre circle of the hub. With 4 extra round mini-stages, on current the 4 garden area's.

It will be all connected together using a tycial Disney design, which looked a little brash and tacky in the plan.

Mickey's brithday will not go un-celebrated in the park(s)!

Kris

Always thought it would be nice to have smaller stages indented into the grass banks, although the lack of green in the centre of the park sounds like a bad idea! They'd have to remove trees right? I'd imagine the complete stage might seem a little out of proportion, however something more permanent can only be a good thing (effects can be installed, extra lights in Central Plaza rigged etc).

Since they recently re-built the castle bridge, could they continue the castle design for the stage (like MK and TDL?) The current gold design clearly doesn't fit and the "stone" effect of previous years seems quite detatched still.
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

pussinboots

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"I recently saw a plan for the new central plaza stage. It is previewed that the stage will be made into a permant stone stage - taking up the entire centre circle of the hub. With 4 extra round mini-stages, on current the 4 garden area's.

It will be all connected together using a tycial Disney design, which looked a little brash and tacky in the plan.

Mickey's brithday will not go un-celebrated in the park(s)!

Hmmm, that sounds like an awful idea to be honest. I miss the days when the hub was a pleasant, green plaza. And "brash and tacky"... Oh boy.

The MK has a permanent stage, but that one is more like DLP's Theatre du Chateau, leaving the actual hub a plaza.

DLP pulls off some great shows, but they tend to forget that Main Street is supposed to be a pleasant Victorian street, not a generic canvas for seasonal entertainment.

Malin

Talking of that stage, its being used for various differnt events including the Narnia Movie Premiere, which videos are up on YouTube. I don't have a problem with them using the stage, but it often leaves the Royal Castle Stage sitting empty. Anyway the stage in the hub makes a perfect area to stage the castle and Christmas lightening ceremony's.

wishuponastar

If The Enchanted Fireworks finished yesterday. Does this mean that Candlabration will return to its normal, full-length today?

zanderstarz

*sigh* Well the end of an era has come...finally! no more Candle...ever...EVER again. So who saw the last one??? Whos glad to see it go??? Who isnt???

Still...BRING ON "It's Party Time...with Mickey"!!
~ just like we dreamed it ~