Hidden Extras & Secret Gems

Started by bad-pink-tink, November 10, 2013, 09:32:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bad-pink-tink

getting into the planning stages right now and thought I would ask about the really really hidden secret gems and little extras that the more experienced members have found.

Ive been doing some research and have complied a list. Im not sure how up to date this info is, it is very likely that some of these are no longer available but I'm going to ask anyway.

ok so far my internet research has come up with

My First Visit Badge -  my friend got me one from City Hall in Disneyland California so I want to get one for my mum

Riverboats - ask CM  for a map and to steer the boat. If you get to steer the boat you get to sign a guestbook and receive a certificate

Buffalo Bill - ask City Hall if they do a mounted parade through Disney village and what time it is at

Disneyland Train - ask CM if you can ride up front in the tender seat, also ask about a reservation for the Lily Belle carriage

Phantom Manor - ask CM about death certificate

So does anyone know if these are still being done at DLP and does anyone have other suggestions. I know about the dragon under the castle and the sounds outside the shops on main street.
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

orangarnold

Quote from: bad-pink-tink on November 10, 2013, 09:32:42 PM
getting into the planning stages right now and thought I would ask about the really really hidden secret gems and little extras that the more experienced members have found.

Ive been doing some research and have complied a list. Im not sure how up to date this info is, it is very likely that some of these are no longer available but I'm going to ask anyway.

ok so far my internet research has come up with

My First Visit Badge -  my friend got me one from City Hall in Disneyland California so I want to get one for my mum

Riverboats - ask CM  for a map and to steer the boat. If you get to steer the boat you get to sign a guestbook and receive a certificate

Buffalo Bill - ask City Hall if they do a mounted parade through Disney village and what time it is at

Disneyland Train - ask CM if you can ride up front in the tender seat, also ask about a reservation for the Lily Belle carriage

Phantom Manor - ask CM about death certificate

So does anyone know if these are still being done at DLP and does anyone have other suggestions. I know about the dragon under the castle and the sounds outside the shops on main street.

This all is stuff you can do in California I am sure. As a lot of this was on an Adam Rucker video on youtube

orangarnold

The Lilly Belle carriage is for Club 33 members and those that ask for reservations http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcWzOvivs_A.

bad-pink-tink

thanks for that video.  I will still ask at Christmas about these things but as I go to Disneyland California every year I will see how many are still being done

orangarnold

Quote from: bad-pink-tink on November 10, 2013, 09:42:36 PM
thanks for that video.  I will still ask at Christmas about these things but as I go to Disneyland California every year I will see how many are still being done

I genuinely think a lot of these are Disneyland, Cali. I did read somewhere they've stopped the Death Certificates specifically.

orangarnold

I even think it was on Buzzfeed. I shall check

bad-pink-tink

Have you any other suggestions similar to these? 

orangarnold

orangarnold

Sorry I'm as useful as a chocolate teapot, most of the blogs etc I follow are for Cali, there is this thread for there thought too

http://www.quora.com/Disneyland/What-are-some-amazing-secrets-hidden-within-Disneyland-and-Disney-World#

bad-pink-tink

thats ok, I was just hoping that someone might have tried some of these recently in DLP. I will keep my list and report back after Christmas

Festival Disney

You can get the Captain's Certificate from the River Boat, I think FilipV from got one recently, I seem to remember a picture  :D
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

orangarnold

Well that's my something new to learn for the day

Festival Disney

Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

orangarnold

Il be honest I know more about California, ready for my next big trip over.i blame Adam Rucker and his videos

ed-uk

I didn't know you could get a Captains certificate from the River boat at DLP, i have never seen anyone get one. Only for VIP guests on a guided tour i think. :P
Ed & David