Our trip's booked!

Started by jeakat24, April 05, 2013, 03:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeakat24

As the title as really  :lol:

We booked our trip on Wednesday staying in the Cheyenne from the 30th September to 4th october- that way we get the very last day of the 20th celebrations (and Dreams, hopefully, as we haven't been since they introduced it and we've never seen it) and the start of the Halloween season, plus we managed to get it with the two days and nights free offer (wouldn't have been able to go otherwise!)

We're driving for the first time. Can anyone tell me why the Eurostar is now crazily expensive? We went to book it for 3 adults plus a free toddler place and the price was over £600  :shock:

It seems Disney are no longer doing offers if booked together as this s the price on the Eurostar website. Who knows!
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

TigerLily

Woohoo! And how lovely that you will be there for the last day of dreams!! We've not seen it either and can't wait to - it looks incredible!

We drive to disney too (we spend a night in Dover to break up the driving for my hubby on the day before we arrive at disney and the day that we travel home).

jeakat24

Quote from: "TigerLily"Woohoo! And how lovely that you will be there for the last day of dreams!! We've not seen it either and can't wait to - it looks incredible!

We drive to disney too (we spend a night in Dover to break up the driving for my hubby on the day before we arrive at disney and the day that we travel home).

That's good! We're only three hours away from Dover and we'll be taking it in turns driving so we're going to do it in one hit.

Any tips for driving?

We know there's a toll road but we'd like to avoid it- do you know if the alternative route is any good, and how long it takes?
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

TigerLily

There aren't many tips I can offer really regarding the drive - its really was straight forward to get there and a lovely journey (I can't drive - I just admired and agreed with my other half lol). You pretty much follow one great big straight road and about 3 hours later you're there. But that was the tolled road (I'm sure...I remember there being two booths - the first gave us a ticket and then you pay at the next).

Do you have all the things for the car that you need to drive in France (fluorescent jacket, breathalyser test etc)?

jeakat24

Thanks.

We've already got a few of the things needed and I've seen some good deal on eBay for the rest! It'll be the first time I've not had to worry about how much stuff I take (though our car isn't the biggest and they'll be four of us, with a big car seat and pushchair)
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

HFJohnson

How exciting, we love the Cheyenne!

Dreams won't be ending in September so you may well get to see it more than once!

Eurostar tickets for September/October have been on sale since January so the cheapest fares will have already gone. £600 is a lot though!

jeakat24

Quote from: "HFJohnson"How exciting, we love the Cheyenne!

Dreams won't be ending in September so you may well get to see it more than once!

Eurostar tickets for September/October have been on sale since January so the cheapest fares will have already gone. £600 is a lot though!

Fingers crossed for Dreams!

It's such a crazy price. We used to book it through the official brochure and it only added £100 to each person usually. There was no way we were going to pay that when it was only slightly cheaper than the holiday itself!
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

Zee79

We drive and not found another route without a toll. If driving from Calais it's usually around 20 euros 20 each way but it's basically a straight route there, signs eventually start for Disney and all hotels are signposted once in Marne Le Vallee.