Holiday balance payments...

Started by TigerLily, April 03, 2013, 11:32:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TigerLily

Hi all!

I booked DLP for June  with the intention of paying the deposit and handling fee there and then and then the rest of the balance shortly after... The lovely rep on the phone told me that the whole balance would be taken out 60 days before out time of travel (which worked out at 9 days after my time of booking - that was fine by us.)

She said that it would be taken out automatically. Since booking I have phoned them again to inform of my travel insurance details  (which I didn't need to as it goes lol) - taking the opportunity to have them confirm the future balance payment, where I was told that yes, it was showing as a pending payment due to be taken out on the 3rd - which is now today. But it's not showing as being taken....any one had any experience with this and is it just a case of needing longer to show?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed some light :D

gemmasteele84

I would ring again and check, I paid mine over the phone but the woman said if its not paid 60 dys before they can cancel your booking. Better safe than sorry :)

Captain_spencer

sometimes the payment go out towards the end of the working day but they won't cancel till you speak to them if it doesn't go out phone tomorrow. i went through the same thing just be patient :)

TigerLily

Yeah it was the worry of the booking being cancelled that made me think! They have twice told me that it will automatically be taken out of my account and that I didn't need to ring back to pay it. I honestly can't recall if she told me that it may take a few days to show on both accounts...

You had this too Captain Spencer? And it was taken out by the following day? I shall try and be a little more patient lol

I think I'll keep checking over this next day or so and ring if its still not appeared to of gone out by tomorrow evening...

Thanks both :D

TigerLily

It turns out that patience was a virtue as when I checked before going to bed last night  it was showing as taken :D phew lol

Zee79

Now you can relax and count down until you go :-)
We used our credit card to pay the deposit and it came out quick and the balance was due 27th March on said card so hopefully we are all paid off (hubby needs to check account haha) not worried due to how quick the deposit was taken. Just counting down now. Kids want to pack now haha

TigerLily

Yes absolutely Zee - I feel much better now hahaha! I was checking every hour or so! XD and I'm sure you would of been contacted by now by disney if it hadn't paid off yet with that much gap (but get your hubby checking all the same lol) - so all engines are go so to speak! Yessss! Lol. Bet you are as excited as I am! :D

Proper holiday planning is now starting - 59 days to go. All I can think about is rides, restaurants, weather and packing lol. If I didn't love disney paris so much I'm sure I would drive myself up the wall XD

When we went last year it was early feb and really cold. We stayed in the ranch and although it was still lovely, many of the trees weren't in bloom etc. this time round with it being early June, I can't wait to see the DCR in all its leafy tree'd glory lol.

Captain_spencer

Thats great that its all sorted at least now you can carry on plainning without the worry :)

Zee79

Never stayed in DCR but would like to, i think the driving everyday puts me off but then again i don't think it would be any different to using the train when we stayed out last summer.

i'm getting more excited,  meeting up with friends who are coming with us next week to discuss things- they are joining us a a day later because we self drive and they are using Eurostar. I've just had my birthday and got some disney attire- p,js, t-shirt, light jumper so going to be packing those now haha

TigerLily

Thanks captain spencer :-)

Oo, I love DCR. I recommend it totally. You get so much space and the cabins (we opt for the premium ones) are brilliant! The drive is only 5 minutes from ranch to park (we self drive too - using the Dover ferry crossing). I'm sure you can't wait to start planning with your friends next week, sounds very exciting! And happy birthday for when that was - excellent gift selection lol.