Disney Holiday 12nts/13days!! Day 11

Started by gemma2806, March 14, 2013, 02:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gemma2806

Headed down for breakfast this morning and it was relatively quiet for a change! We ate in the hotel and decided that today would be a day of park hopping to try and avoid the weekend crowds.

We headed to the Studios, I was determined to go on the Studio Tram Tour as this is the first day that it had been running all holiday so this was first on my agenda. We queued in very nice weather for over 45 mins, I'm still not sure how Jack managed to stay in a queue for this long without getting bored! We eventually got on and set off. I do like this ride and Jack seemed to enjoy it apart from the bit in Catastrophe Canyon where he thought we would end up in the water! At the end of the ride we all agreed that we would go on this again on another visit but only if the queue was less than 15 mins! We then did the usual rides of Slinky Dog Zigzag Spin, Cars and Flying Carpets. These were definitely Jack's favourite rides at the studio. We then walked around the park to take pictures of things I had missed and who should we see but Donald Duck who had so far eluded us all holiday. Jack was thrilled to bits to see him and so we had our photos taken and he wrote a nice personal message to Jack in his autograph book. Stars 'n' Cars was showing earlier today so we stopped to watch this. I finished taking photos of the Studios and headed to the Studio Store to pick up some souvenirs I had seen. We then left the park and headed over to the Disneyland Park for a late lunch.

We ate at Casey's Corner and then took some photos of Main Street USA. We explored Discovery Arcade and looked at the inventions on display including a mini version of the Hyperian airship! We went over to Adventureland next as it seemed the quietest of the lands and it was a lovely day to be out in the sun. I took some photos and we explored Adventure Isle again ( despite gentle persuasion I had no chance of getting Jack back on Pirates of the Caribbean!). We then walked through to Frontierland so that Jack could play in Pocahontas Indian Village again.

We then walked back through Disney Village and taking some photos of bits we had missed and I went into World of Disney to buy my last souvenirs from here. We went back to the hotel to change for dinner and sadly there was no time to visit the pool! We had reservations at the Blue Lagoon for dinner and so after a quick break we headed back out.

We decided to walk through Adventureland and as we were early we went to Pirates Beach so that Jack could play and we could have a sit down. Jack finally decided he wanted to go on Captain Hooks Ship but the entrance had been roped off so I was sorry that we weren't able to go on it this holiday. We then made our way to the Blue Lagoon for dinner and got a table with a view of the water but sadly not next to it. I had the Caribbean Chicken Columbo which was nice and a creme brûlée for pudding which was too big to finish! Daniel had the surf and turf which he said was amazing. My only down side was that they were unable to offer Jack anything apart from a plate of salad or a plate of chips so obviously he took the plate of chips but I thought they would have been able to offer more as it's such a lovely restaurant. Daniel always says it's a toss up between this and Walt's as his favourite place in the resort.

After dinner we walked back through Adventureland and discovered that Aladdin's Enchanted Walkway was open for the first time this holiday and so we had a walk round and then went round again and again and again in fact we had a job getting Jack out of here! They then started to close the land off for Disney Dreams! but we decided against staying to watch this tonight as we had a long day planned for tomorrow and wanted to see it then. So we left the park and I took some lovely photos of the Disneyland Hotel at night, all lit up and the same for World of Disney.

We headed back to the hotel for the bar and then back to the room to start some packing before bed.

jeakat24

I'm really surprised about the lack of choice for Jack at the Blue Lagoon. I've never eaten there and I don't think I will with my little one!
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

gemma2806

It was ok if your child was over 3 and would eat the options available but Jack was fussy and isn't a seafood fan, apart from fish fingers! All table service restaurants are supposed to be able to provide a free food option for children aged under 3 but this is all they had to offer!