Disney Holiday 12nts/13days!! Day 7

Started by gemma2806, March 12, 2013, 05:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gemma2806

Got up today and Jack was much better so we headed down to breakfast. For the first time this holiday we had breakfast in the Beaver Creek Tavern which was a nice change as I had never been in this restaurant before. We had breakfast then decided that as the weather was still drizzly and because it was so wet underfoot, that we would visit the Studios again today. I decided to go and buy two ponchos for Daniel and myself as we had nothing waterproof and at least if it rained again we would be able to carry on with the day and stay in the parks.

Typical of course I spent nearly €20 on ponchos and it never rained once for the rest of the holiday so they went completely unused! Sill they are good souvenirs and we'll take them away with us when we go again this year.

So we headed off to the Studios and took some lovely photos of the fountain and an obliging passerby took some photos of Daniel and I together at the partner statue. We took some more photos of Toy Story Playland and of course we had to ride Slinky Dog again a couple of times! We then went on Cars which Jack really liked and took some photos of Luigi and Guido. Then we saw Buzz Lightyear at the Toon Studio meet 'n' greet and Jack was thrilled to see him.  We crossed the park and went to watch Cinemagique which Jack really enjoyed again and them we managed to see Playhouse Disney immediately followed by Stitch Live!. This time in Playhouse Disney we got a really good spot in the middle of the floor and so Jack had a better view and he managed to catch the bubbles and we also got quite a few of the leaves and ribbons for Jack to take home. Straight after we got into Stitch and I used the left hand door to enter the auditorium rather than the right hand one which everyone seems to rush for. This tactic worked and we wizzed ahead of everyone to get front row seats so Jack could see. Much to my delight Stitch picked me out of the crowd and he named a planet after me!! Then he accidentally blew it up but don't worry Stitch because yes I still love you! (This was the highlight of my day!!)

We then went for lunch at Restaurant en Coulisse again and had the same set meal as before and a nice sit down. Jack was doing really well today and hadn't yet had a nap! After lunch we went to watch Animagique and we went on the Flying Carpets just as the parade was starting so we managed to go on a couple of times. We then went to watch Motors Action stunt show, Daniel had been looking forward to this and I wanted to see Lightening McQueen and Mater. Unfortunately Jack couldn't stand the noise and before the show had even really started we had to leave as he was getting upset. We went out to Studio Photo so I could buy some fridge magnets that I was after and then we left the studios and went back to the hotel.

By some miracle, when we got back to the hotel, Jack was still awake and so I wanted to go swimming however as Daniel had to remind me Jack had not been well and as he seemed to have a cold it was not wise to take him swimming. As I don't like swimming alone I conceded and we stayed in the hotel room for a bit.

We got changed for dinner and went to Annette's Diner. We didn't have a wait and were seated straight away upstairs, I've always eaten downstairs so it was nice to get a different perspective of the place. We ordered and quickly received our meals. Jack had the set meal of the hot dog, Daniel had the blue cheese burger which he enjoyed and I decided to try the chilli burger which was delicious but very filling!! The portions were huge and we didn't finish everything. Jack had an ice cream with smarties and I had a strawberry sundae which was delicious but again I was defeated and couldn't eat it all. The staff were on the bar dancing during our meal and everyone got up to see over the balcony to watch them. It was really fun to see and apart from looking very embarrassed the staff seemed to be enjoying themselves. I must mention the cherry coke I had which used cherry syrup mixed with cola, this was wonderful and I will definitely be having this again!

After dinner we went to the Disneyland Park and decided to walk round Frontierland which we missed a lot of yesterday. I took some more photos and went into the shops to get some souvenir ideas. We rode Phantom Manor and as it was so empty we got to stay on the ride again straight after for another go which was great fun. We went to Boot Hill after to take some photos and to check out the graves and tombstones. As there was no-one around we could hear the knocking coming from the main tomb and what startled me was it wasn't just sound, if you put your hand on the tomb you could feel the vibrations of the knocking VERY realistically! I thought this was a brilliant extra!  By this time it was coming up to Disney Dreams! So we decided to try a different view point for the show and stood right in the middle of the road on Main Street next to the Victorias Home-Style Restaurant patio. We watched the show and were quite impressed by the view even from that far back. The bonus of standing here was that at the end of the show we just turned right straight into Discovery Arcade and left the park in a very short time.

We returned to the hotel to our usual routine of bar then bed!

gemmasteele84

glad today went better :) thanks for the tip about the cherry coke, hubby loves the stuff so will def have to get him some :)

jeakat24

I love Annette's and I've never had the cherry coke. Will definitely have to now! I'm beginning to wonder if you ever got to go swimming!
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge