Hotel New York breakfast

Started by haribosmum, February 12, 2013, 09:44:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haribosmum

My last 2 visits have been to the pink Disneyland hotel where we've enjoyed not having a set breakfast time.  Does the hotel New York give you a time?  I've read somewhere that there is a choice between the 2 restaurants, are they in different places in the hotel?  Does it depend which side of the hotel you're room is in or can you choose?

Thanks, 5 sleeps to go :-)
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

Aurora1

I think we had a set time, but I`m not sure anymore. But it was not crowded at all.
As for the restaurants, we ate in 3 different places. So we didn`t even have to ask, if we could try an other one! But I guess you could try! The food was the same everywhere! It is just the theming that is different!
Aurora1

captain rocket

The dining options at the new York are the Parkside Diner, the Manhattan Restaurant and the convention centre. The Parkside and Manhattan are side by side and the convention centre is just around the corner. My favourite is the Manhattan as it has lots of space (Because it is the hotels premier restaurant) The food is the same in all of them and I think you can dine in whichever one you want, subject to space available. I believe that only the Parkside and Manhattan are open early and the convention centre opens to cope with the main rush 8.00 am onwards.

minnieme

We stayed at New York for the past 2 years. We were asked at reception when checking in, what times did we want for breakfast (various slots ie 730am, 8, 8.30..). We picked a time and were given a little coloured card with the day and time of choice. We rarely got there on time with 4 kids in the group (one disabled) and it didnt matter. We just chose where we wanted on the day. We have eaten in all 3. The convention centre was very big and spacious and really nice setting for breakfast. The diner was nice too but my favourite was the Manhattan. It really didnt matter where we had breakfast as it was absolutely delicious each day. Cant fault any restauarnt, staff or food!!

The busiest time seemed to be 8am, but we didnt struggle to be seated, which surprised us as we were there during a busy week.

Have a great time...x

April 2011 & June 2012 Hotel New York
May 2013 Disneyland Hotel
Aug 2014 Disney Magic Med cruise
Aug 2014 Disneyland Hotel
May 2015 Disneyland Hotel

haribosmum

thanks for responses.  will see what is available when we get there in terms of breakfast times (it's half term so am expecing hotel to be busy).  think we headed down about 7:45am before so hopefully similar and get seated before the masses arrive.  
4 more sleeps :-)
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

julesk

Quote from: "haribosmum"thanks for responses.  will see what is available when we get there in terms of breakfast times (it's half term so am expecing hotel to be busy).  think we headed down about 7:45am before so hopefully similar and get seated before the masses arrive.  
4 more sleeps :-)

Hope you have an amazing time. Would be lovely to hear how you found the hotel / breakfast etc. We are going May half term and first time in HNY  :D

haribosmum

will do a trip report :-)  I wanted to stay at the HNY from my first visit years ago so hope it lives up to expectations!!!
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

never2old

I think they only ask you to choose the time duing busy times: in most of our visits we never had to choose a time for breakfast.

If you can please go to Manhattan, it's a beautiful restaurant, and a very relaxed start to your day!

Breakfast buffet is excellent (same in both restaurants). We always aim to go as soon as possible (ie around 7) so that we can take our time to enjoy it... Once we were sitting at the table for over an hour!! (but we were a larger group).

Oh, and I always say the same, but the best thing in that buffet is their oranje juice.... Truly the best way to start your day!!

Have a wonderful time :)

haribosmum

We ate in the Manhattan the first day, was directed to the convention centre the next 2 days and our last was back in the Manhattan.  We had breakfast at 7:30 each day which worked for us.  Orange juice was lovely :-)
my daughter liked the breakfast buns with sugar on them !
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

Tubbyherman

Oh, can you not choose which restaurant you'd like to breakfast in? We're going in 5 weeks, and I'm so looking forward to trying the orange juice everyone is talking about. Do they have all the usually cereals, pastries, yoghurts and meats etc?

haribosmum

we chose the manhattan the first day though could have gone into the parkside diner.  not sure why we were sent to the convention centre the next couple of days but the food was identical.
food consisted of a good choice of cereals, cold meats/cheese, hot food was scrambled egg, sausage, bacon & potato slices.  lots of yogurts and fruit.  pastries and jams/nutella.  orange juice, apple juice, pineapple & grapefruit juice.  oh the only other difference I noticed from the Pink hotel was that you get your own hot drinks from a machine.  bottles of water available.  we took one to the table each morning and finished it between the 3 of us.  noticed we weren't drinking as much in the day as normal (bottles of water in the park are 3euros for sports bottle prob 750ml) or 2.90euros for 500ml coke/fanta etc.
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20