Dreams do come true

Started by Rafael, January 16, 2013, 10:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tubbsy

Hi Rafael,
What a fantastic report and beautiful photos.
We were very lucky to live in Brunie for three years because of my husbands job, and, whilst it was a wonderful experience, I know what you mean about seasons. I think people thought we were mad when we moved back to the UK, standing out in the cold rain, with our arms wide open! And Disneyland Paris seemed such a long way away.
I hope you get to go again soon.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Rafael

Quote from: "tubbsy"Hi Rafael,
What a fantastic report and beautiful photos.
We were very lucky to live in Brunie for three years because of my husbands job, and, whilst it was a wonderful experience, I know what you mean about seasons. I think people thought we were mad when we moved back to the UK, standing out in the cold rain, with our arms wide open! And Disneyland Paris seemed such a long way away.
I hope you get to go again soon.

Hi Tubbsy!

It must have been a wonderful experience indeed! I would really like to visit Brunie one day. I have seen awesome photos. :) Where did you live there?

I totally get you about standing out in the cold rain,  with arms wide open. :)
When we were in London in January, there were a couple of days that snowed a lot.  I know that it causes chaos on rail, roads and everything  :( , but for us it was a wonderful new experience :)  
We had an amazing riverside walk in the snow from Richmond to Kew Gardens that we will never forget.  It was very surreal for us, as we live in a place  with sunny days almost all year long.

Rafael

tubbsy

Beautiful pictures!
We lived in Germany too so we find it frustrating the UK just comes to a stop for snow! Germany keeps on going. But you cant beat a snow day :)
We lived in Kuala Belait near the Malasian border. An hours drive to Bandar or a border crossing and half hour drive to Miri. :)

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

Rafael

Quote from: "tubbsy"Beautiful pictures!
We lived in Germany too so we find it frustrating the UK just comes to a stop for snow! Germany keeps on going. But you cant beat a snow day :)
We lived in Kuala Belait near the Malasian border. An hours drive to Bandar or a border crossing and half hour drive to Miri. :)

Thank you!

I think I have seen pictures of a beautiful mosque in Kuala Belait that looked like the Taj Mahal. Do you know what I am talking about? :)

tubbsy

Yes I do! It is beautiful! And very near where we used to live :)
And it has a very different roundabout near it too!
I have been looking through our old photos from eight years ago and I have none that do either of them justice :( And I need to open a photbucket account to upload photos ... Will post if I can manage
But if you search Kuala Belait teapot you will see the roundabout.
If you do go to Kuala Belait then I would recomment trying the Kuala Belait boat club for eating. AMAZING food :) (If its still there-it was eight years ago since we left!)

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

Rafael

Quote from: "tubbsy"Yes I do! It is beautiful! And very near where we used to live :)
And it has a very different roundabout near it too!
I have been looking through our old photos from eight years ago and I have none that do either of them justice :( And I need to open a photbucket account to upload photos ... Will post if I can manage
But if you search Kuala Belait teapot you will see the roundabout.
If you do go to Kuala Belait then I would recomment trying the Kuala Belait boat club for eating. AMAZING food :) (If its still there-it was eight years ago since we left!)

I have just searched for photos of the roundabout. It is different indeed! Very interesting! :)

Thanks for the suggestions! I think my sister is going to end up visiting Kuala Belait before me. She has been living in Australia and she has managed to travel quite a lot. She has just come back from Malaysia and Thailand. She loved the trip. She has told me about her plans to visit Kuala Belait. I will tell her about the boat club. :)

tubbsy

Cool! There were some lovely restaurants around Kuala Belait and the food was so cheap! *Sigh!* Ah the memories!
(My pictures were really not of great quality (a very early digital camera) so I would have been embarrassed to post! So I am glad you could find photos of the roundabout :)

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

Rafael

Quote from: "tubbsy"Cool! There were some lovely restaurants around Kuala Belait and the food was so cheap! *Sigh!* Ah the memories!
(My pictures were really not of great quality (a very early digital camera) so I would have been embarrassed to post! So I am glad you could find photos of the roundabout :)

I would love to see your pictures! :) don't be embarrassed. Post them, please! :)