Dreams do come true

Started by Rafael, January 16, 2013, 10:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rafael

Quote from: "AislingM"What a lovely start to a report! I really really enjoyed your last one Rafael so I cant wait to read this one , hope your enjoying London and safe home back to Brazil!

Hi AislinM,

Thanks for the kind words. :)

We are really enjoying London. It is an amazing city and the people are really nice and friendly. We loved visiting Kew Gardens. Such a great place to be, even in the winter. I just wish I could get us tickets to see Le Miserables.  :( I tried, but it seems it is really hard. Well, we probably won't see the play, but we managed to watch the movie today at the BFI IMAX. Watching the movie in IMAX was great. I recommend!

Rafael

Quote from: "AislingM"What a lovely start to a report! I really really enjoyed your last one Rafael so I cant wait to read this one , hope your enjoying London and safe home back to Brazil!

Hi AislinM,

We are really enjoying London. It is an amazing city and the people are really nice and friendly. We loved visiting Kew Gardens. Such a great place to be, even in the winter. I just wish I could get us tickets to see Le Miserables.  :( I tried, but it seems it is really hard. Well, we probably won't see the play, but we managed to watch the movie today at the BFI IMAX. Watching the movie in IMAX was great. I recommend!

Rafael

Hi AislinM,

princessemily

Loved reading your last report, and seeing your fantastic photos.  Like you, this forum (and the one on Tripadvisor) are responsible for keeping my Disney interest going between trips.  I also would not like to imagine the money I have spent on my family's 11 previous trips!  But hey some drink, some smoke, Disney is my only vice.
Looking forward to another great report from you, enjoy the rest of your trip.
Sequoia  Lodge - May 2004
NPBC- September 2005
SL - June 2006
SL- June 2007
Ch -December 2007
NY - September 2008
SL - March 2009
SL- March 2010
NY - March 2011
SL - January 2012
Ch - March 2012
NPBC -March 2013
SL - February 2014
Ch - February 2015
Ch - November 2015
NPBC -March 2016
NY - November 2016
SL - April 2017
SLGF - March 2018
NY - Nov 2018
Cheyenne - Nov 2019
NY Nov 2021

Rafael

Quote from: "Ravenseye"Thank you, Rafael, how kind of you to say so.  :D   I will do all I can to make it memorable. (altho DLP will do most of that :D/ )  

It will be memorable, Ravenseye, for sure.

I agree that DLP helps a lot making trips really magical, but it seems to me what really matters is the way people experience it, or choose not to. I was surprised this time to see some people over there without a smile on their faces, more into their smartphones than the place they are at. I am not talking about a phone call or checking something, but people looking totally bored, playing games or on facebook. Being there for me feels so special that I can't picture myself spending any minute looking at my mobile.  Therefore, as you are willing to have a great time and have a memorable trip, it will be memorable indeed! :)

Rafael

Quote from: "princessemily"Loved reading your last report, and seeing your fantastic photos.  Like you, this forum (and the one on Tripadvisor) are responsible for keeping my Disney interest going between trips.  I also would not like to imagine the money I have spent on my family's 11 previous trips!  But hey some drink, some smoke, Disney is my only vice.
Looking forward to another great report from you, enjoy the rest of your trip.

Hi Princessemily,

Thanks for your words. :)

11 trips! this is awesome! when is the next one? have you kooked yet?

Maybe instead of thinking about the money we spend on this trips, we could see them as investments in ourselves! What do you think? We spend so much time working and stuff, maybe we deserve to please our families and ourselves, right?

Rafael

Quote from: "BlackPearl"Hi, Rafael, just read your intro.  Hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday and I'm looking forward to read your trip report and see your photos  :D

Thanks BlackPearl!

I hope to write about the trip soon. I will also try to post the pictures when we get home.

Rafael

Quote from: "Ravenseye"I find myself nodding with approval at your last post Rafael. DLP is indeed more than just another 'destination', it's truly special.
However, maybe you need to have the Disney spirit within to feel that way about it. Not everyone that visits must get that feeling of course (I know, I know, it's difficult to imagine  :? ) In that case I count myself as one of the lucky ones!  =D

I think you summarize it very well. It is about having the Disney spirit within. You are right, some people don't get the chance to experience the feeling.

Ravenseye

Oh my gosh thats a perfect way of looking at it! Investment in ourselves. Indeed.  :thumbs: [/size]
Can we also use this 'excuse' when buying things in DLP shops? :P
Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...

Rafael

Quote from: "Ravenseye"Oh my gosh thats a perfect way of looking at it! Investment in ourselves. Indeed.  :thumbs: [/size]
Can we also use this 'excuse' when buying things in DLP shops? :P

Lol

It is a good excuse, right? Maybe not for shops though... lol

princessemily

Yes your reply to my post saying of my 11 trips is very apt.  My kids lives are counted in terms of Disney trips, eg remember when we went when you were 4 and your brother was 1 etc.  I can hardly imagine our lives without the presence of Disneyland Paris in the background.  A real investment in our family life, I would say  :lol:
NPBC- September 2005
SL - June 2006
SL- June 2007
Ch -December 2007
NY - September 2008
SL - March 2009
SL- March 2010
NY - March 2011
SL - January 2012
Ch - March 2012
NPBC -March 2013
SL - February 2014
Ch - February 2015
Ch - November 2015
NPBC -March 2016
NY - November 2016
SL - April 2017
SLGF - March 2018
NY - Nov 2018
Cheyenne - Nov 2019
NY Nov 2021

Rafael

Quote from: "princessemily"Yes your reply to my post saying of my 11 trips is very apt.  My kids lives are counted in terms of Disney trips, eg remember when we went when you were 4 and your brother was 1 etc.  I can hardly imagine our lives without the presence of Disneyland Paris in the background.  A real investment in our family life, I would say  :lol:

Your family must have wonderful memories of your trips to DLP. I love the fact that you count your kids lives in terms of Disney trips.  That is so sweet and cool! :)

Rafael

We're back home!
Very soon I will start posting pictures and details of our trip. :)

princessemily

Really looking forward to your new trip report, Rafael.  It will get me in the mood for March.  :D
NPBC- September 2005
SL - June 2006
SL- June 2007
Ch -December 2007
NY - September 2008
SL - March 2009
SL- March 2010
NY - March 2011
SL - January 2012
Ch - March 2012
NPBC -March 2013
SL - February 2014
Ch - February 2015
Ch - November 2015
NPBC -March 2016
NY - November 2016
SL - April 2017
SLGF - March 2018
NY - Nov 2018
Cheyenne - Nov 2019
NY Nov 2021

Rafael

Quote from: "princessemily"Really looking forward to your new trip report, Rafael.  It will get me in the mood for March.  :D

Hi Princessemily!

To get you in the mood, here is Mickey waiting for your visit with arms wide open. :)