Bolt (Disney 2008)

Started by Kristof, February 15, 2007, 02:29:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

howtodeal

I saw the movie last night. One of the best animated Disney movies in years.
It reminded me of old Disney classics like Lady and The Tramp and The Aristocats.
Thank god i saw this after seeing Madagascar 2 which is one of the
worst animated movies i've ever seen.

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "howtodeal"I saw the movie last night. One of the best animated Disney movies in years.
It reminded me of old Disney classics like Lady and The Tramp and The Aristocats.
Thank god i saw this after seeing Madagascar 2 which is one of the

Glad to hear you liked it :)

howtodeal

Thanks Bultin boy, you should see it too  :wink:
BTW, the movie recieved 2 Golden Globes nominations for best Animated movie
and best song  :D

Anthony

Quote from: "howtodeal"Thank god i saw this after seeing Madagascar 2 which is one of the
Wooop! :mrgreen: Did you see Bolt in 3D?

Don't think this has been posted yet - Pixar's very first 3D film is now in US theatres... A new CarsToon called "Tokyo Mater", showing before Bolt.  Now that's a clever way to extend its run, the kind of thing Disney used to do back in the 90s with the Toy Story 2 outtakes, etc.  It's nice that they don't seem ashamed to market their own movies any more, isn't it? :)

Captain Pan

Quote from: "howtodeal"Thanks Bultin boy, you should see it too  :wink:
BTW, the movie recieved 2 Golden Globes nominations for best Animated movie
and best song  :D

yeah... But Is Miley Cyrus' vocals better than Peter Gabriel's Down To Earth from WALL-E?

and is Bolt a Better Animated Movie than WALL-E?

cause I think WALL-E has the award for that Animation... and Best Song... Well We all saw how Enchanted got beat with 3 nominations in the same category at the Academy Awards of 2008!

Clarebelle

Pan: But Bolt has a hamster in a ball!!!

"Are you Hungry?"
"STARVING!!!!"

:P
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

howtodeal

Anthony

No, i didn't see it in 3D  :(  but i think the opening scene will be great in 3D.
and about the new cars short, i always wonder why do they waste their time making
all those short movies  :P It's better to spend the money and time on normal length movies  :mrgreen:

Captain Pan

I don't think the movie will win any of these awards but it's always nice to be
considered one of the best  :wink:  Do you know that if the song won, Miley will actually
get the award because she "wrote" it  :lol:

Anthony

I'm actually seeing Bolt being advertised! That's quite surprising for a WDAS film.

In addition to Lasseter being on breakfast news last week as mentioned elsewhere, yesterday there was a clever series of ads through the local paper here (MEN) starting on the cover with a "missing" poster for Bolt. If you find him, you can win tickets to see the film. Inside, there's a 1/3-page ad about the film and competition (done by Cineworld), and then somewhere hidden later in the paper is just a small picture of Bolt. You text the page number in to be entered in the competition. All throughout they make the '3D' really clear. Nice job.

The Butlin Boy

Great new Bolt fans in the UK, you may not need to be near an IMAX cinema to see the film in 3D! A number of Odeon cinemas are showing the film in 3D, and what's more is that it is relased a whole week earlier in 3D than it is in 2D! I'm not sure why but take a look for yourselves:

http://www.odeon.co.uk/fanatic/film_inf ... 5/Bolt_3D/

Anyone know why this is released a week earlier than the 2D? It's on advanced booking for Friday 6th February to the following Thursday, then 2D is released the day after. So is it only 3D for a week? Who knows, but the good news is that my local cinema, which I could actually walk to if I wanted, has it in 3D :mrgreen: Might have to go see that if I can... :wink:

Anthony

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Great new Bolt fans in the UK, you may not need to be near an IMAX cinema to see the film in 3D!
I don't think it's in IMAX at all, like Chicken and Robinsons they're using Disney Digital 3D (also known as Real D). Check that link actually, it's quite interesting how it works. They should add a demo to the Art of Disney Animation post-show to show how that persistence of vision trickery has progressed...

Anyway, I presume the early 3D release is to push the 3D element and make it a bit more of an event, get some good word of mouth going so it rolls through half term week.

I'm really impressed from the Odeon sites how many cinemas obviously have at least 1 digital screen now.

peep

I'm seeing Bolt ads everywhere and the 02 Vue cinema has a massive board ad for it (Disney seem to love advertising in this cinema). Also they have banners on the vue website letting peeps know they can book tickets to watch it in 3D. The film also appears in the cinema listings on the website. Tbh in the UK Vue are miles ahead with the 3D technology compared to Odeon. Lets put it this way, the 02 cinema had two screens showing my bloody valentine in 3D today continuously.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Agent Lex

Just have to quote the local evening paper's review of Bolt here, for the funny :lol:
QuoteBOLT
Cert: PG, 103 mins
Pixar's first 3D film may not match the brilliance of Wall-E, but this tale of a dog who thinks he's a superhero is still superior family fare. Sure, the usual Pixar notes are hit (friendship is the most important thing), and the plot - as the dog realises he doesn't have special powers - is a steal from Toy Story, but what the hey. Good jokes, top animation, and the 3D's not bad either.
STUART McGURK

It's like a round of the current DizMania! :P

peep

If anyone is interested there be an interview with Lasseter on the now cringe-worthy Blue Peter. You can watch it on the BBC iplayer till Wednesday

Linkage
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Captain Pan

I WANT THAT SHIRT Sorry for the Shouting! But I really do!

I feel so so SO Sorry for John Lasseter, how he tolerated those two who knows! Where's Gethin and Zoe when you really need them?

Nice Interview even though it was So Camp, Mr Lasseter Showed great control and patience with those two!
Nice to See John outlining this is a WALT DISNEY ANIMATION Production...
Nice Drawing for Mabel to even with the JL Signature!

Awesome!

That reminds me, I better send that (those) letters off to him too!

Agent Lex

For those who don't want to sit through a lot of cringe-worthy Blue Peter mateiral, the interview starts at 5 minutes in.

I never realised just how bad Blue Peter is these days! Cringe-worthy indeed!