Bolt (Disney 2008)

Started by Kristof, February 15, 2007, 02:29:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Ooohooh!  :D/ I guess it premiered with WALL-E in the states today.

I actually laughed out loud! The pigeons look like the break-out Edna Mode/Seagulls/Pip character here. Looks like a good slapstick comedy and without any Shrek-style pop culture or postmodernism.

The animation looks good, there's a lot of locations in there compared to WDAS' past films, though it's not all that colourful and it still seems to have that odd sheen or glow over everything like Meet the Robinsons had in its present day scenes. The early scenes of Bolt's TV show looked amazing. Hopefully people won't see the connection to Buzz Lightyear.

Much more promising than I expected. And it's in 3D!

peep

Woop, that looks brilliant, I want to see it now!

I have to concur the hamster looks excellent, I think its going to get kids to want one too :P
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Captain Pan

That was AWESOME (love the little kid in The Incredibles and watching that trailer I had that kid like feeling)

Didn't recognize Penny's voice as that of Miley Cyrus.

But this looks like another good adventure of action and traditional Disney story of equilibrium, dis-equilibrium, denoument and new equilibrium! Hopefully it will succeed unlike the previous Disney CGI movies Chicken Little and The Wild.

The Butlin Boy

Good news Bolt fans, the up-coming film's biggest competitor Harry Potter 6 has been pushed back from November 21st to July 17th. In light of the move, Disney has aken the opportunity to move Bolt's release date to the 21st November :)

:arrow: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=48001

Kristof

penfold12

I have just watched the trailer for Bolt again, and do you know what.... I cant waitto see this. The last few Disney CGI movies have left me cold, but t his actually looks like it can compete with Dreamworks and their modern day set movies, and is a huge step in the direction of Pixar.

Still dont see the need for CGI movies when Pixar is part of Disney, its like comparing Prince of Egypt with The Little Mermaid.....

That said, Repunzel is a differnet style of CGI, maybe thats where Disney should concentrate...

Anthony

Quote from: "penfold12"I have just watched the trailer for Bolt again, and do you know what.... I cant waitto see this. The last few Disney CGI movies have left me cold, but t his actually looks like it can compete with Dreamworks and their modern day set movies, and is a huge step in the direction of Pixar.
I am very much looking to forward to it now, but I do wonder if we'll remember Bolt in 10 years' time like we do Tarzan, Mulan, etc. Come to think of it, Hercules was 10 years ago, whatever happened to that film?

Anyway, new poster time!

http://blueskydisney.blogspot.com/2008/ ... oster.html

Pete's Dragon

The whole style of the poster, especially the backgrond design and colouring, reminds me of The Incredibles.

I really want to see this, that little hamster in the ball looks so cute

penfold12

Quote from: "Anthony"I am very much looking to forward to it now, but I do wonder if we'll remember Bolt in 10 years' time like we do Tarzan, Mulan, etc. Come to think of it, Hercules was 10 years ago, whatever happened to that film?

Ah you see, horses for courses, I love Hercules, and remember it well. It was the last Disney animated feature for a while that used music to drive character development, along with the plot.  In the same vein as the Beauty and the Beast and Mulan.

They lost that way after that, and Tarzan, while a strong animated movie, used the music as a soundtrack, sung by Phil Collins, rather than the character developement.

But, as you said, in 10 years time will Bolt be remembered? I doubt it will be viewed with the same love in 10 years, simply because of its contempory setting. Films set in "the current world" do not age as well as period or fantasy films.

In addition to that, the whole style of the film seems quite "of the moment", none of which lends itself to a long future. But, still excited to see it...

dagobert

On the Apple trailer site, there is a new clip of Bolt, it's called "The Chase".

It looks really great.

Here's the link:
http://www.apple.com/trailers/disney/bolt/

-breeno-

IGN have two new screenshots of Bolt;

Source: IGN.com
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

howtodeal

Thanks for the screenshots breeno, the style of animation seems very different
from any animated movie i've ever seen before.
They also released a new song called "I thought i lost you", It's a duet between
Miley Cyrus and John Travolta. The music video is cute and the scenes they picked
are better than the ones we saw in the trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-WG2DcNfcA

Captain Pan

Now... Like Many of Us here on the forum that have gone to the magical land of facebook... and Have fan pages...  Among my many... I have WALT DISNEY BACKLOT...

here's the recent one for me regards to Bolt... Obviously released in the US for Thanksgiving...

But here's what WALT DISNEY BACKLOTS
QuoteSee BOLT In Theaters Tomorrow!
Yesterday at 17:45
Don't forget, you have a chance to see a special sneak preview of BOLT in theaters tomorrow. Visit the Disney Pictures Backlot fan page or the movie's official site to look up showtimes for special screenings near you.

You can also visit the Backlot fan page right now to see new film clips & featurettes of BOLT and the new trailer for Disney-Pixar's next comedy adventure, UP.

Now would that mean UP! is the trailer of choice before the Feature... Like HSM before WALL-E although I believe it should have been the trailer before WALL-E instead of HSM!

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Captain Pan"Now would that mean UP! is the trailer of choice before the Feature... Like HSM before WALL-E although I believe it should have been the trailer before WALL-E instead of HSM!

I would have thought so, seeing as the trailer is already available to view on the internet, I'd imagine that Disney would be keen to show it before Bolt. :)

AmericanMouse

That screaming voice you hear is a producer of E!'s The Soup here in the States finding out that the voice of Myley Cyrus (of Hannah Montana fame) is in the movie as she screams "IT'S MYLEY!"

And she's still going out with a 20-year-old underwear model..."IT'S A FELONY!"

Just for another few days though...