How do you tell your little one's that you are going to DLRP

Started by nathandgina, November 18, 2012, 09:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zee79

I know, i started to cry when i saw it. A friend posted it on my fb page because they know how much much we love disney and i thought i would share it with the forum.  I've never seen a child react in this way, didn't know they could  :) My two just screamed when i told them back in Nov- you wouldn't have thought they had been before haha.
I think my reaction would be similar to this little girl if i was going to WDW :)

julesk

Wow what an amazing reaction  :D . We are taking our 5 yr old for the 3rd time this year, I always aim to keep it secret but I'm to excited to keep it from her. Plus we like her to pick the hotel and extra little bits.  :D

Sulley's Arms

Hi

To announce our next DLP trip to the family (including DW!) I made a spoof Star Wars title sequence (complete with proper soundtrack), with Disneyland related text making up the scrolling intro to the 'up &coming' adventure.

Because it was a video that I played to them on the TV, they literally had no idea what was coming  ;) .  However, 2 minutes later they still had no idea :? .  You see, this little video didn't actually announce a Disney trip - it just dropped a bunch of clues, which they didn't notice, LOL.  

Still, they asked to watch it again (even without understanding it, it was still very cool!) and this time they started noticing certain words scrolling up the screen - tours, phantom, buzz, mountain, etc.  Then they got it!

Although it was fairly tricky to make, it was well worth it to sit and watch their blank faces as the penny gradually dropped  :D/
Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]
Feb 14 - DCR [5d]
Mar 15 - Sejours [4d]
Feb 16 - Kyriad [4d]
Dec 16 - Offsite [3d]
Feb 17 - Adagio [4d]
Aug 17 - Offsite [2d]
Dec 17 - Offsite [3d]
Dec 18 - Cheyenne [3d]

faeriemagick

We're taking our 6 month old (who will be oblivious!), 2 year old an 3 and a half year old next week. I'm not planning on telling them until we get to the park! Partly for my sanity as I know the 3 year old would drive me nuts asking about it! I'm making up a little goody bag and putting a tag on them inviting the boys to come to the park that day. We arrive at the hotel Monday evening but not planning on going to the parks too the Tuesday morning so the bags will be there when they wake up along with a couple of costumes for each of the boys :) I'm starting to struggle with not telling them now though!