2012 Financial Results

Started by DLRP Roundup!, November 08, 2012, 10:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLRP Roundup!

http://corporate.disneylandparis.com/CO ... r-2012.pdf

Highlights:
- TWDC taking the €1.7 billion debt and clearing the decks.
- Resort attendance at record 16 million.
- Revenues up 2%
- Second half of year up 5% on attendance due to 20th.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

DLRP Roundup!

From the conference call:

3 new hotels in design phase.
- New luxury hotel at the parks,
- First phase 2016/2017 2 mid value (Santa Fe, Cheyenne style), will use Disney theme and story rather than geography as is current.
- Hotels 800/1000 rooms.

- 20th bigger than 15th in terms of response.
- Same investment into 2013, slight increase on 2012 in parks.

- WDS investment to 2018/2019, to make it more like Disneyland Parc in terms of attract-ability.
The Roundup

ed-uk

Sounds promising, can't wait.
 Good idea to use Disney themes for the new hotels instead of geography, what's the betting on a Toy Story themed hotel.
 WDS investment to make it more like Disneyland Park, good news and it will be interesting to see what they come up with.
 Also good financial results for 2012, with record attendance  =D>  Although of course they still made a loss.
Ed & David

DedicatedToDLP(Steve)

If they have more hotels planned and they must have some serious resort developments planned to warrant them. With the recent news about LucasFilm I'd guess (hope) this means Star Wars Land has to happen now, and possibly even the Marvel activity that was rumoured for WDS.
Dedicated to DLP - Celebrating Disneyland Paris

Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 and 05/12
Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 and 09/10
Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite
Hotel New York 11/12
Off Site 05/13

DLRP Roundup!

Well they usually have high 80% resort rates, it's pretty big for them these days. I would imagine that the Santa Fe and Cheyenne are often very close if not at capacity needing more rooms at that price level, especially considering more rooms will mean they are able to offer better deals. However a new deluxe would be nice, especially if it were on the WDS entrance, or maybe an extention to tower of terror!

Definitely since the buyout this is all exciting news.
The Roundup

ed-uk

A new hotel near the WDS with a Hollywood theme  (like Disney's Hollywood Hotel, at HK Disneyland ) in the mid price range like the Sequoia Lodge or the NBC would be good.  Another deluxe hotel sounds  expensive to me.
Ed & David

dagobert

I had the opportunity to chat with someone who has ties to TWDC and he told me the following, that the new moderate hotel will be either based on the Art of Disney Animation or it will be the new Toy Story hotel from Shanghai. It could be built between NPBC and WDSP.

As for WDSP chances are high that after the opening of Ratatouille, a new attraction could open each year until 2018, because the park needs 4 to 5 more rides, but nothing has received board approval yet.

15MagicalYears

I would be seriously disheartened if the new hotel was Art of Animation or Toy Story themed.

DLRP Roundup!

Also on TWDCs call yesterday they said Star Wars was going to be in the International Parks rather than Domestic, combine that with the rumored Star Wars mini land and maybe were onto something!
The Roundup

DedicatedToDLP(Steve)

I must admit that a Toy Story hotel wouldn't be my first choice but it'd be popular with the masses and a great theme to attract new visitors with. As for Art of Animation – that sounds great, especially if it featured galleries and artwork of the animation through the ages, starting with Walt's postcard drawings.

The Star Wars news is good – they have to start with Paris, that whole area in Discoveryland is just about existing in hope of the rumoured transformation.
Dedicated to DLP - Celebrating Disneyland Paris

Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 and 05/12
Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 and 09/10
Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite
Hotel New York 11/12
Off Site 05/13

never2old

I guess the second hotel could be the one built at the entrance to the Studios, there's been rumous about that possibility for some time. If they're building a new luxury hotel (and not expanding on the DLH, as was also mentioned), it would make sense to build it next to the second park...

I would love an Art of Animation hotel!! But let's face it, it will be a Toy Story hotel.... And the only reason it will not be Cars is because they already applied that theme to the Santa Fe!!

Anthony

From reports it sounds like the luxury hotel could be anything from the "Backlot" hotel adjoining WDS to a hotel on the convention site, to a hotel on Lake Disney, to a simple extension of Disneyland Hotel.

The value/moderate hotel is surely an Art of Animation resort, perhaps on the land opposite Hotel Santa Fe?  Is it possible the "Toy Story hotel" rumour could just be that one of themes (Cars surely) would be switched out in favour of Toy Story?

From attendance and all other results it definitely appears the investment through 2011 and the Dreams "gamble" of staying open later, running a nighttime show year-round has paid off. Things are looking better for DLP than they have done in... decades?

Josh

Quote from: "dagobert"I had the opportunity to chat with someone who has ties to TWDC and he told me the following, that the new moderate hotel will be either based on the Art of Disney Animation or it will be the new Toy Story hotel from Shanghai. It could be built between NPBC and WDSP.
Bleh! Really? I've been looking forward for the fourth Lake Disney hotel to be built for years. That site does not deserve a cheap value hotel like that. Unless that's planned to be the value hotel.

If we can have a more timeless, geographic story for the luxury hotel, that'd be great. But I doubt that'll happen in Iger's Disney.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Aladar

Quote from: "Josh"That site does not deserve a cheap value hotel like that.
:x
You're right! People like my family and I, who can't afford a luxury hotel don't deserve to have a nice hotel in a nice place with nice views to the Disney Lake. And of course we don't deserve to sleep near the Parks.  Is that what you mean?

peep

^I think he might mean that the cheaper hotels tend to look cheaper from the outside? Which in turn would look wrong on the lake where the three very nice looking hotels are currently. However there is no harm in a value hotel looking great from the outside is there? To be honest it's one of those things that is silly to speculate over until at least some sort of concept art is leaked or released.

I spent some time at work yesterday reading through the report. A lot of it I didn't quite understand but overall it looks very impressive. With payments to TWDC for their huge debt decreasing from next year and spending and attendance going up it all looks very positive. Hurrah.

I love this rumour about a new attraction every year after Ratatouille in the Studios. Sounds like a very good way to improve the park, let's just hope they don't forget that the Disneyland Parc also needs new attractions.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320