Disney in the Disney Hotels

Started by Bryn, August 04, 2012, 10:51:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ed-uk

I don't understand how people including adults can happily spend all day walking around the Magic Kingdom theme park, which is full of Disney story telling and enchantment as you say, then return to their hotel and say now I'm going to pretend I'm in Cape Cod, USA and no Mickey Mouse in the Wallpaper of my room thank you, that's too much Disney.
Ed & David

Soap

Quote from: "ed-uk"I don't understand how people including adults can happily spend all day walking around the Magic Kingdom theme park, which is full of Disney story telling and enchantment as you say, then return to their hotel and say now I'm going to pretend I'm in Cape Cod, USA and no Mickey Mouse in the Wallpaper of my room thank you, that's too much Disney.
That's not how i experience it as "pretending", maybe that's where you differ with others.
Or vice versa ;-)

We are "just" enjoying the stay in one of our preferred hotels and we just like those theming a lot.
And off course there is enough choice in which you like (Forrest, Water, City, Romance, Western and Mexican)

But let's not get to deep into a discussion, we differ in likes and i wouldn' t prefer more toons in the hotels.
And when done, it should be subtle done. (Like the Bambi wallpaper...)
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

ed-uk

Quote from: "Soap"
Quote from: "ed-uk"I don't understand how people including adults can happily spend all day walking around the Magic Kingdom theme park, which is full of Disney story telling and enchantment as you say, then return to their hotel and say now I'm going to pretend I'm in Cape Cod, USA and no Mickey Mouse in the Wallpaper of my room thank you, that's too much Disney.
That's not how i experience it as "pretending", maybe that's where you differ with others.
Or vice versa ;-)

We are "just" enjoying the stay in one of our preferred hotels and we just like those theming a lot.
And off course there is enough choice in which you like (Forrest, Water, City, Romance, Western and Mexican)

But let's not get to deep into a discussion, we differ in likes and i wouldn' t prefer more toons in the hotels.
And when done, it should be subtle done. (Like the Bambi wallpaper...)

Well we won't get too deep in discussion then, but the next time you stay at a DLP hotel, I'm sure you won't be too surprised to see a long queue of people waiting to have their picture taken with a Disney toon character at the meet n greet area in the hotel lobby. And Disney merchandise to buy in the shop.
Ed & David

lorrig

I find it really difficult to justify the inflated prices of Disney hotels when you can stay at somewhere like the Dream Castle for so much cheaper. It is just as themed as a Disney hotel at prices less than a value hotel. Even after buying Dream APs( which give you the same early morning hours as a Disney) it is still much cheaper(we tend to stay for 6 nights). I want something more to convince me to pay for a Disney hotel - I want MAGIC!. Even after seeing refurbished rooms at places like the Sequoia, I am still thinking that they look cheap and drab. A few subtle pictures/bedspreads/etc just isn't enough to justify the overpriced rooms and cattle market breakfasts.
I don't mean it has to be character based, I just want a good quality room, a modern clean bathroom (get rid of the shower curtains), a well organised breakfast and some Magic.
I know people say that 'you're at Disney you don't spend time in the hotel room', but actually with two small children and short winter opening hours, we do spend a lot of time in the room.
We stayed at the new Legoland Hotel this year and it was head and shoulder's above anything that Disney have on offer. It was completely themed with the bathroom situated between the adult bed and the children's bunk bed so that the adults didn't have to sit in the dark when the little ones went to bed.
Even the public toilets were themed well. The breakfast was well stocked, didn't feel crowded and you just turned up when you were ready.
Google 'Legoland Hotel, Windsor' and you'll see what I mean.
I love Disney - Characters and the non-character themes but the hotels all need completely re thought about.
Makes a trip to WDW even more inviting!

ed-uk

I've never stayed at the Legoland hotel, I've seen pictures of the rooms and they do look very childish to me, pirate rooms, adventure rooms etc, in fact much of the park is designed for very young children.  Disney theme parks appeal to a much wider age group and adults stay at DLP  without children.  The Disney hotels are themed to areas in America as you know, the Sequoia Lodge set in an American National Park, Newport Bay Club themed as a yaght-Club in Cape Cod. They do have a more adult themeing, and maybe some people worry that the introduction of Disney characters on the wall could make the rooms a little childish. But I love what they're doing at the hotels at the moment and I thought the new rooms in the Sequoia Lodge looked beautiful when we stayed there last month, and very comfortable.  Also the big Disney hotels have about a thousand rooms each, so they probably handle many more people at breakfast than other hotels.
Ed & David

DisneyManiac

About the Sequoia Lodge, I Stayed there last month and there was music playing! But one question: Do they use music like Morning Mood in the morning, like they do different types of music depending on the time of day? And for the music playing in the corridors they probably didn't because it would disturb Hotel Guests in there room.