High School Musical On Tour (Summer 2007)

Started by Kristof, January 26, 2007, 02:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

disneyfanatic

Just returned and absolutely loved it!! I dragged my family to the show at least 6 times over the 3 days we were there and we taped it so I can watch it any time. I was probably the only adult doing the dance and singing loudly (and badly :lol: ) each time. We would watch it at Rockin Roller Coaster then run down to the next show across from Lilo & Stitch's Catch the wave party. The kids got a kick out of the ribbons floating into the air onto the guys working on the TOT. The cast members really seemed to like & appreciate me dancing with them as I got big smiles from some of the cute wildcat guys :wink: I'm lucky my hubby is such a great guy and supports my Disney need. I do have the say the poms the first day we saw the show (Sunday) were awful but the poms yesturday (Tuesday) were nice & shiny. I could not convince my family to watch it one more time before we left today though :lol: There's always next month!

Claw Claw Punch & Punch Wave your Hands up In the Air

Masamune

:) I hated it. It was the same tacky, disturbing scenes that I expected to see as soon as I found out that a show was being made that was based on that horrid film. :o Yes, the dancers were good...but then, when you consider what they were dancing to, I found it hard to enjoy it. The singing gave me a headache, and it left a generally unpleasant taste in my mouth.

:lol: You guys knew this was coming. At least I gave it a chance. But despite how enthusiastic and talented the dancers were, there was no getting away from the fact that they were representing possibly the worse thing that Disney has ever been associated with.

;) My mum loved it at least.

Dlrpfan

Quote from: "Masamune":) I hated it. It was the same tacky, disturbing scenes that I expected to see as soon as I found out that a show was being made that was based on that horrid film. :o Yes, the dancers were good...but then, when you consider what they were dancing to, I found it hard to enjoy it. The singing gave me a headache, and it left a generally unpleasant taste in my mouth.

:lol: You guys knew this was coming. At least I gave it a chance. But despite how enthusiastic and talented the dancers were, there was no getting away from the fact that they were representing possibly the worse thing that Disney has ever been associated with.

;) My mum loved it at least.

Lol! i hated it too at DCA and was standing there thinking "why an earth have disney made this?" but still great for the people who love the movie bbut i dont think it fits in too well at a disney park
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Masamune

:lol: All I was thinking was "I hope mum doesn't waste any film by taking pictures of this". I think she only ended up taking a couple of pictures. :shock: One of the dancers looked like Peter Crouch (a footballer), which was quite weird.

I don't think it fits in with the studios either. Yes, it's great for fans of the film and people who are easily entertained (like my mum), but I think the Cruella show was a lot more universal. Bring back the Cruella show!

fly_with_me_dumbo

well i had the same pesimestic view like you did but like masamune i have agreed to give it a chance, but i think me and masamune might end up thinking alike :D  but i'll still give it a chance

Kristof

It can stay where ever it is for me... Have seen it 20 times now, that's 20 times more than I've seen the movie...  Great dancers, great singers.  Finally something that doesn't involve bad miming or horrible music mixes ...

TowMater

You all found it rubbish? I've seen a few clips and think it is awesome.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

clewis

Two videos of the show. I love it!

here

and

here

But, it is much better in live!
Fan of High School Musical on Tour

The video of the show

TowMater

<.< I'm now watching a video of the show (Were all in this Together) and the man when he sings sounds horrible, why did DLRP chose him?

Previous Disney Visits

Kristof

Quotewhy did DLRP chose him?

Tsss...

He did wonderful when I was there, maybe just a bad day...   :roll:

TowMater

Quote from: "raptor1982"
Quotewhy did DLRP chose him?

Tsss...

He did wonderful when I was there, maybe just a bad day...   :roll:

Maybe that's why or maybe he had a drink of beer and got drunk backstage before the performance.  :lol:

Previous Disney Visits

davewasbaloo

We saw it five times this last trip and loved it - far more than Cruella or Stitch or indeed many other offerings.  My 4 y. o . and I even joined in the show to do the dance.  Loved it, but then again, I also love the movie.
since 2001 (many before that)

treble

"why an earth have disney made this?"
because my 8 year old, and 1000s like her, love it  :stitch:
just like alice you\'re in wonderland

goofy-2000

i bet it is better than the film :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
i want every single goofy in the whole wide world ha ha ha

Kristof

Good news for the HSM On Tour fans:

Quote from: "WDSfans"High School Musical on Tour will be extended by popular demand for at least another month, until September 30th.  The show performances will be reduced to 5 times a week (previously 7 days) and 4 shows a day (previously 5).

Source: WDSfans