trip august 2012

Started by justjes, September 06, 2012, 10:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justjes

I would like to share my tripreport of our trip this summer. Allthough writing in English is not my strongest point. I'll hope you like it anyway.
On August 18 we started our trip. We didn't have a Disney hotel this time. We had choosed a small hotel in the neighborhood, about 10 minutes driving distance. Without tickets because we planned to buy annual passports.

We were already a weak in France for vacation this day we arrived in DLP and OMG it was bloody hot (41 degrees) this day. Since it was my daugthers 4th birthday we booked a dinner at Cafe Mickey as a surprise.
But when we arrived here the airconditioning was broken and it was very very hot in the restaurant. All the people were waving with the menu's to get some air.
We ordered and the Disney characters came to our table more then once. The characters this evening were Goofy, Pluto, Mickey, Minnie and Gepetto. They were very nice. We brought some birthday presents for our daughter to the table and when Goofy saw this he let sing the people happy birthday to our daughter. We didn't order the birthday cake but this was almost as good as that.
The food was nice, the characters where nice, it would have been a very very nice experience if it wasn't so very very very hot in the restaurant. The extreme heat was really a big dissapointment.
After dinner we went to our hotel to relax in the air conditioned room.

August 19.
We arrived at 10.00 and we saw there were a lot of cars and busses as we expected it was very crowded. The first thing was buying annual passes. The line at the annual pass office wasn't so crowded as a few years ago and about 30 minutes later we left with our annual passes. A dream pasport for me and my husband, daughter and mother bought a franicilien pasport.
After this we rent a stroller for our daughter, we rented this for free with the dreampasport.
We first watched the 20 anniversary train with the Disney characters and since we hadn't had much breakfast yet we bought sandwiches and something to drink at main street. After that we went to big thunder mountain to get fast passes.
My daughter now choosed to go to the little fairytale boats. Luckely there was very small queue.  And my daughter liked the fairytales. We watched the tarzan encounter. I alreay saw this show years ago but I still loved it. My husband and daughter saw it for the first time and liked it also very muth. My daughter was invited by the monkees to hit the pots and panns with a spoon
The temperature of today was again very hot so we had to behave very calm and drinking  a lot. We went to big thunder mountain with the fast passes. See some stores to cool a bit down. Went to small world, waiting time 15 minutes. Got a very nice icecream at the gibson girl. After that we saw a lot of children playing in the foutain of the plaza restaurant. So we let our daughter play here too until security came and send everyone away. But at least she cooled down a bit.  We visit the castle and we ate a pizza at colonell hati and after that watched the parade. After that we left it was so hot today again we needed a bit rest. The day after this day we left to another part of our vacation. After a week we would return for 1,5 day.
To be continued

Martin B

Look forward to more!
@DisneyMart - Follow me on twitter and I\'ll tweet live from Disneyland Paris and other Disney locations on our magical adventures... www.twitter.com/DisneyMart

justjes

After a week spending in a cottage a bit south of Orleans we returned back to Disney. Again we had a hotel in the neighborhood. We arrived in the early afternoon at the hotel and after lunch we first visited the mall vall de europe and bought some clothes.
After shopping we took my husband to the hotel, he wanted to watch a soccer match. My mother, daughter and me want to Disney were we arrived at about 17.00.
First rented the stroller and after that to Tarzan encounter. Allthough we allreaady saw it at the first visit, it´s one of our favorites. Again my daughter was taken by the monkeys and she was very happy about that.
When we left the chapperal theater we couldn´t find the stroller where we left it. We searched the whole area but the stroller was gone. Someone must have took it. The castmember we asked for help told us this happened all the time and what was worse it also happens with private strollers.
So back to the stroller rental because I have a dream passport it was no problem to get a new one. Maybe a suggestion for people who rent strollers and don´t have a dream passport. With your receipt you can get another stroller, so don´t throw your receipt away.
After this we took a drink at main street and from the terrace we could see the parade.
After the parade we went to fantasyland and went to the carroussel (15 minutes) and Voyage of Pinochio (20 minutes) We decided to eat something and then find a spot for the evening parade but since it was pretty crowded we decided to take some food away at Casey's Corner and then find a spot. (20.45) It was a long time waiting but very worth it. Fantillusion is a very impressive parade but after that Dreams was very very spectacular. The projects, the music, the fireworks, Beautifull! After a long day back to the hotel.

Rafael

Thanks for sharing your trip with us. :)

justjes

We slept a bit longer then we normally do but since it was very late the night before we went to bed, so we had to rest a bit.
At 11.00 we arrived at the disney parking, we had a bit luck, because we had a big bagage box on the roof of our car, we got a code to park at the winnie the pooh parkinglot near the entrance. So we were late but still we had a good parking place.
We noticed the park was a bit less crowded than the other days.
We first went shopping on main street, bought nice clothes for my daughter. After that we saw the character train and my daughter wanted autograpes and photo´s but OMG what a chaotic happening. All people pushing. I like the systems in Disneyworld where people are standing in lines much better. After one autographe and a failed photographe of goofy I decided we wouldn´t do this anymore.
We got a fastpass for buzz lightyear. My husband and me wanted to go in space mountain while my mother watched my daughter so we went in line but when it was almost our turn it broke down and we had to leave the line.
We went to autopia (30 minutes waiting time) and after that to buzz lightyear for the first time I had more points then my husband, so I won.
For lunch we went to fuento del ore and ate fajitas. When we arrived at the table it seemed our order wasn't complete, so back to the counter and without problems they gave us what was missing.
After lunch we got fastpasses for Indiana Jones and went to the pirates and after that we went for a drink at Colonell Hati's. And my daughter had a lot of luck. While we were sitting there Chip and Dale arrived and my daughter was there at first to get their autographes and photo's.
While my husband and me went to Indiana Jones my mother took my daughter to the pirates playground. We had 4 fastpasses Indiana Jones because my mother and daughter didn't ride. My husband and me went 2 times.
After that we visited The treehouse of the Robbinson family and the caves and bridges at adventure Island. After that we took pizza's and drinks and took it to central plaza and finded a good spot to wait for the Fantillusion and dreams.
It was 20.00 but we wanted a good spot and more people we already searching for a good place.
It was a wonderfull evening and we really enjoyed dreams.

On my blog there are few pictures of this vacation. http://jessicasophiaabdelkader.blogspot.nl/