Hotel New York Fountains

Started by captain rocket, August 20, 2012, 02:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captain rocket

After all the money spent on the tidy up for this year, here's the sight that greeted me outside the Hotel New York last week. Why don't Disney realise  that this sort of site is not acceptable for the money that they charge for this hotel, they really don't seem to be able to get their act together!!

ed-uk

Maybe Disney are refurbishing the fountains, people complain about maintenance and things not getting done. I stayed there once and part of the hotel was covered in scaffolding, I didn't like the timing but how else could they get the job done ? I can see that they couldn't close the hotel for two months.
Ed & David

Epcot_Boy

I would hope that there was a problem with them and they were trying to repain them. However, if it was just routine maintenance then I would agree captain. People pay a fortune to stay in this Hotel during the summer and deserve better than this :shock:

David

captain rocket

It would be interesting to hear from anyone else who has stayed there in the last few weeks as to if the fountains were like this then. I fully appreciate that maintenance has to be done, but for goodness sake, everyone who walks back from the parks has to pass this eyesore by! If it is maintenance, why were the fountains empty for three days at least with no work being carried out? And if work is delayed slightly then boards up around the fountains would look much better.

Epcot_Boy

Quote from: "captain rocket"It would be interesting to hear from anyone else who has stayed there in the last few weeks as to if the fountains were like this then. I fully appreciate that maintenance has to be done, but for goodness sake, everyone who walks back from the parks has to pass this eyesore by! If it is maintenance, why were the fountains empty for three days at least with no work being carried out? And if work is delayed slightly then boards up around the fountains would look much better.

Yep, I was there last week in July first week in August and they were working fine, so this has happened only recently :(

David

ulak

I was there on Saturday (18 August 2012) and fountains functioned normally
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

captain rocket

Must have been refilled on Friday 17th as they were still empty that morning when we left to go to the parks.

Lorum

They were refilled on Friday 17th in the evening. I was there at 11:45 pm and were running.
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

captain rocket

just me that missed out then!