Disneyland Park Future Plans | Rumours

Started by Lorum, August 23, 2012, 12:21:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lorum

QuoteDisneyland Park

Main Street USA
Not much to say, except for a few improvements for Dreams, elements may be projected on Main Street Walls.
Source: Shareholders round-table with Philippe Gas, Disneyland Paris CEO

Discoveryland

- Space Mountain Mission 2: News harness are coming soon (Confirmed. Mid 2013). There may be a retheming of some parts of the station in order to fit with the new train model. There might also be a new sound system.

- Captain Eo and Pizza Planet Restaurant are finally closed.

- Star Tours 2 will eventually come. When is the question. A strong rumor remains: the creation of a tiny land on ... STAR WARS! It's only a rumor, but there are many clues. Star Tours needs its upgrade. And to promote it, a new land would be awesome. Now that's there is space with the two elements mentioned above, there might be a Tatooine (sorry, I only know the french name of this planet) Cantina on the site of Pizza Planet, and an indoor jedi academy in Captain EO. Philippe Gas recently talk about ST, and he said they needed to do something with it. But there is more. On April 12, the day DLP turned 20, we had a masterclass with Tony Baxter. When we asked the question "If you have the opportunity to expand a land, wich one would it be?", he answered Discoveryland, with a little smile. Later on that day, he had a big yellow file. No one could see what was in there, but I assume he is not working on POTC's rehab, but on more important projects...

Frontierland
Minor updates are planned (but not yet scheduled) for Big Thunder Mesa, Phantom Manor (Confirmed. Halloween 2013), and the lake, wich really needs to be cleaned up...

Adentureland
Pirate of the Carribeans update is planned (Rumoured for 2013), mainly because of the sword-fighters animatronics, they seem not to work for more than two days straight...

Source: ThemeParksGuy

I don't know what to think about this.
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

ford prefect

Nothing new in that article.
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

DGRavenswood

Quote from: "Lorum"On April 12, the day DLP turned 20, we had a masterclass with Tony Baxter. When we asked the question "If you have the opportunity to expand a land, wich one would it be?", he answered Discoveryland, with a little smile. Later on that day, he had a big yellow file. No one could see what was in there, but I assume he is not working on POTC's rehab, but on more important projects...

Um. Somebody ought to tell these people that Tony Baxter likely isn't working on any Disneyland Paris projects as he's been in charge of Disneyland Park in California for many years now.
David G. Ravenswood
Host, Ravenswood Manor

Twitter | Facebook

"Without a doubt ... the most inclusive online experience of DLP Frontierland." –Jeff Burke

dagobert

Quote from: "DGRavenswood"Um. Somebody ought to tell these people that Tony Baxter likely isn't working on any Disneyland Paris projects as he's been in charge of Disneyland Park in California for many years now.

Isn't Tom Fitzgerald  responsible for DLP at WDI in Glendale?

DGRavenswood

Yes, the way I understand it (and sorry folks, I didn't mean to veer this discussion off-topic), Tom F. oversees development of both California and Paris resorts from Glendale, while Tony is part of the Anaheim equivalent of WDI Paris.
David G. Ravenswood
Host, Ravenswood Manor

Twitter | Facebook

"Without a doubt ... the most inclusive online experience of DLP Frontierland." –Jeff Burke

Lorum

After all, they're not going to do anything we didn't expected. Probably, we'll see a new nighttime parade, the new Star Tours area. But we won't see the The Little Mermaid or Beauty and the Beast, or the new mine ride.
"If you can dream it, you can do it"