Your Perfect Disney Theme Park

Started by orsie, August 17, 2012, 03:40:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orsie

I have made this thread so that you can post your perfect Disney theme park using rides that already exist in all the parks. You choose your favorite rides/lands etc and combine them to make your perfect theme park. So, for example, if you don't like ToT don't put it in your park, if you love all the dark rides, put in all the dark rides and if you love character meet and greets add loads of character meet and greets. I will give you an example by writing what my perfect theme park would be. Oh and you don't have to name them.

Main Street U.S.A

My parks entrance would lead into Main Street U.S.A, which would be a combination of the best shops and restaurants from all of the Main Streets. It would feature the two arcades (liberty and discovery) as it does in Paris. There would be a Duffy meet and greet (where he is/was at Paris), a Pooh meet and greet (once again, same as Paris) and would feature Town Square theater (as it does in WDW) where you can meet Mickey or the Princesses. This Main Street would also feature Citizens and Main Street Cinema.

Fantasyland

Ok, so every park has to have a Fantasyland, right.

Rides

Fantasyland would mainly be built up of Dark Rides and a few other childrens rides making it the childrens central, as such.  Behind the Castle would be another row of buildings (like Main Street) but with paths between every building to access the  other lands. These buildings would all be themed like the exterior of Peter Pan's Flight (Paris) and would house: Alice In Wonderland, Mr. Toad's Wild ride, Peter Pan's Flight, Pinocchio's Daring Journey, Snow White's ________ Adventures and The Adventures Of Winnie the Pooh. You would then move into an area very much like Fantasyland at Paris, It's a Small World would be directly in front of you, with a pathway leading off to Storybook Land next to it (storybook land would hold the boats and Casey Jr. On the other side of It's A Small World there would be another pathway leading to a small area with The Barnstormer, Dumbo, Mickey's Phillarmagic, The Tea Party and the Carousel.

I'll be back later with the rest of my idea!
Previous Disney Trips

DLRP 2007 Sequoia Lodge (15th Anniversary)
DLRP 2008 Sequoia Lodge (15th Anniversary Extended)
DLRP 2009 Sequoia Lodge (Mickey\'s Magical Party)
DLRP 2011 Sequoia Lodge (Magical Moments Festival)
DLRP 2012 Sequoia Lodge (20th Anniversary)
DLRP 2013 Sequoia Lodge (20th Anniversary Extended)

orsie

IMPORTANT UPDATE - You no longer have to use existing rides and attractions, you can make your perfect Disney park however you want (as long as it somehow relates to Disney). I am going to start remodling mine with a few ideas for rides.

Space Mountain: Secret Service

This ride will be more of a dark ride to start with before going into a rollercoaster. The entrance would be situated in Tommorowland/Discoveryland next to the actual Space Mountain but the actual ride would be in Frontierland in a slightly scaled down version of the mountain BTM/R is situated on. The queue would start off with the actual SM queue but then above the two seperate queue lines would be two signs. One directing you to 'Mission Launch' (SM) with the other saying 'Authorized Personnel Only'. There would be a Cast Member at the authorised bit who would cut off the queue after a certain amount of people. Once into this area you will board an escalator (simillar to the London Underground) that will be quite steep, there will be multiple escalators available to make it seem like a tube station. However, once underground the queue will take a turn left which will be the path that takes you all the way to Frontierland. Every now and then the walls will have a briefing screen in that tells you backstory and saftey information. Once on the ride, you will go through multiple rooms (which take you up but only at a very gentle angle) that brief you for your mission into space. You will then enter a tunnel (like the one in the original ride) which goes straight, at the end a door will roll open and you will come out of the side of the mountain. A speaker will say abort mission, autopilot turned on. You will then fly back into the mountain (after some outdoor action) and go up a lift hill. The ride will continue like Space Mountain (from the beginning) but with a different track layout.
Previous Disney Trips

DisneyManiac

I got one for Frontierland.

Frontierland

As you turn left from Main Street you enter an abandoned Border Outpost, the outpost (which is made of lumber and is fenced off with wire mesh which has a number of signs reading 'No Entry' and a Danger! Sign that hangs from a wooden bar (which reads 'Black Gulf') which has rough black pen writing which reads 'Abandoned Town (next line) Do Not Enter! The Danger Sign swings every now and then while a wind sound effect sets the scene) is overgrown by grass and the path narrows as you pass 2 broken barriers then you enter the main 'camp' area inside the outpost. Inside you can tell an earthquake has occurred, a Watch Tower has been knocked down, which luckily has broken in half and missed the path guests are on.

To Be Continued... :thumbs:

tjlightyear

Hi everyone, i'm new to this board. I always thought of what my dream disneyland would be like. I have to say it would be based on the Paris park. I would take certain elements of parks from around the globe to compliment my park. I would take Matterhorn mountain, the enchanted tiki room, grizzly gulch, indiana jones adventure, fantasmic. I made a map for this. I hope you all like it  

http://www.flickr.com/photos/73464865@N03/7872619668/

orsie

Very Good! Well done! I keep bugging myself to design my own park and draw it out by I can never be bothered!
Previous Disney Trips

Rocketeer

Quote from: "tjlightyear"Hi everyone, i'm new to this board. I always thought of what my dream disneyland would be like. I have to say it would be based on the Paris park. I would take certain elements of parks from around the globe to compliment my park. I would take Matterhorn mountain, the enchanted tiki room, grizzly gulch, indiana jones adventure, fantasmic. I made a map for this. I hope you all like it  

http://www.flickr.com/photos/73464865@N03/7872619668/
Wow that's a great plan you've got there. I love the idea of Fantasmic! being in Paris' Frontierland.

You've got me dusting off my old park ideas now.  =D>

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

tjlightyear

Thanks :) I have actually been updating my park over the last few weeks by adding hotels and swapping the castle etc. It's looking good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/73464865@N03/8100478894/

DisneyEuros

Quote from: "tjlightyear"Thanks :) I have actually been updating my park over the last few weeks by adding hotels and swapping the castle etc. It's looking good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/73464865@N03/8100478894/

I like this one Better! :-)
Very Nice Design for your dreamy Disneyland!
My small notice here is that the "Fantasmic Show" doesn't fits in Frontierland.
It Fits more as a "Fantasyland attraction". Because of Mickey is wizard here from the "Fantasia" Movie and he is not a cowboy . This is my opinion.
But i like your designs :-)

DisneyEuros

Hi orsie!
You have an Awesome Thread post here! I Love it!  :-)
I am New member here too. i will talk a little bit about my Disney love and i will also tell you about
My Dreamy Perfect Disneyland!!!

I am a Freelancer graphic designer working from my workshop at home.
I am from Cyprus, (a big and independent Mediterranean island in Europe..) probably most of you know  it. ;-)

Almost about 15 years back, from a very young age, I liked studying Disneyland maps and learning them by-hard, before i even visit Disneyland Paris for the first time in my life.
I am a huge fan of Disney's art and Disneyland parks. Such as "concept-art drawings" around the globe.
When i was a kid, i didn't have a computer then and i was drawing a Disneyland map with pencils, using only the Disneyland brochures as a reference, from several travel agents. Disneyland parks, such as Disneyland Paris and Magic Kingdom's Florida.
Back then, when i traveled  for the first time to Disneyland Paris with my school, I already Knew the park map by-heart, and my friends were surprised. :-)

NOW at this time, I have decided to design the Biggest in size, Magic Kingdom(Disneyland) park "MAP", in the World. A Mediterranean Disneyland!!!
And it will be in my Country of course. (It is my Biggest dream and my Wish, that one day they build one here!!!).
I gave it a name of: "DISNEYLAND RESORT CYPRUS", or "DISNEY's DREAMLAND" Resort Cyprus... I haven't decide which one yet.  ;-)
So, I take the best attractions from all the Disneyland parks around the World such as (Paris, Florida, California, Tokyo etc...) and i have also added my own attractions, which they don't exist at no other Disney park.
I get Inspirations ONLY from Disney's Original Classics animation movies. Old and New together.

My dreamy Disneyland Logo will consists of the Symbols of the "Beast Castle" which is my Top Favorite Movie (Beauty & the beast)! and the Fame Mountain (i will explain later)... :-)

=> My Dreamy Perfect Disneyland Layout setup differs just a little bit from the other usual Disneyland parks!
It will consist of "9" LANDS !!! :

Main Street USA (It is different from other Main Streets layouts and will be at the Entrance, Outside of the Main Park and it will have the "Fame Mountain" at the End of Main street, which guests will enter Fairytale land.  Just to give me more space for more Attractions in the Main park)  // ADVENTURELAND  //  WILDERNESS LAND (known as Frontierland)  //  DISCOVERYLAND (Pocahontas New World Scenery, Dinosaurs, Atlantis etc...)  //  FAIRYTALE LAND (known as Fantasyland, which i don't like the "Fantasyland" as a name and it will be my Biggest in size Land!)  // TOON TOWN  //  SMALL-WORLD LAND or TINY LAND (it will be the land of  "small size" creatures, such as tiny fairies, Toys and bugs life) and people will get "shrinked" to enter that Land!!!   //   SCI-FI LAND (known as Tomorrowland), which I don't like that name also. It takes me back, before the year of 2000 (it is so Old-fashioned name for me) &  //  SPOOKY LAND!! (Haunted Mansion, Maleficent's Forbidden mountain Castle & Dragon Show, Hades Underworld boat ride, The Horned King's castle & the 3 witches Cottage, from the "Black Cauldron", The walk through Dark-Haunted-Forest (small in size) from the old Disney movie "Legend of the Sleepy Hollow" and the Best of all and Favorite One, "The Halloween Town" from The Nightmare Before Christmas!!!  ;-)

When i finish designing my MAP, I will Publish it.
And Later i would like to learn and create a blog or website, for other people to display their own Designs creations about "Disneyland parks" ideas, discuss their opinions about the parks, about the attractions, the Characters "Mascot costumes" (for Improvements), and more.. :-)

tjlightyear

I've been working on my disney park.. here it is.