New Twist on WDS.!?

Started by NanookJackal, July 20, 2012, 02:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NanookJackal

Hey there everyone,
I know we have a lot of topics with expansion of the studios ect. But this isn´t about expansion it´s about a whole new twist. Yeah it won´t become real but i think this WDS version would be the best and most enjoyable version they could do.
Don´t know what you all will think about it, but you can let me know if you want hihi^^

Lets start with the Studios theme: Some like it some don´t, I´m in between, it has something i like but mostly i don´t like it at all, for me it would be enough if it is just a little part of a whole park. Thats why this WDS version will be a lot more different.
Here are the names of the 3 Lands the whole park will have.!
QuoteHollywoodland:
This land will go from the entrance to TOT than the whole left side to RNRC and from Motors Action back behind TOT to the Walt and Micky Statue.
PixarWorld: it will get the whole right side like it is at the moment.
Marvel Universe: This new and bigest land will have the wole back of the park. This land also will get split into different locations.

Those are the different Lands inside the Park.  I think 3 Lands are enough with Marvel and Pixar as the biggest ones, here they can put in any movie related attractions, shops, restaurants and entertainment. It also gives now the opportunity to give everything a realy immersive theming.
Now we beginn with Hollywoodland to make this possible, these stuff needs to go at first to make room.!
Buildings on Frontlot, Studio 1, Cinemagique, Disney Channel Building with both Attractions, Armageddon, Restaurants opposite Armageddon, the dinning trailer near Moteurs, Studio Tram tour and the right facades of Hollywood blvd. With all the new space the new can come.!

QuoteHollywoodland: Disney´s version of Hollywood from the years of 1920, 1930 and1940. Step through the Walt Disney Studios Turnstiles and enter the first Part.
Buena Vista Street. Hollywood of 1920-1930 when Walt first arrived in Los Angeles. Along the street you have Shops, Restaurants and the Red Car Trolley. The Left side of the Street will have: Lockers & Bathrooms Red Car Trolley Stop, Mortimers Market, Julius Katz shoe and watch repair & julius katz and sons, Big Top Toys, Clarabelles Ice Cream and Fiddler, Fifer and Practical cafe and the Elysian Arcade. The right side of the street will have: Oswalds gas & Oil, Los Feliz, Five and Dime, Elias & Co., Kingswell Camera Shop, Atwater ink and Paint, Trolley Treats. At the end of the Street is the Buena Vista Circle with a wonderfull Fountain. Also the HTH sits at the end of the Street near the Circle overlooking the Buildings of Buena Vista Street. If you walk ahead to your left side you will come to the second Part.
Disney Bros. Studios. The former Cinemagique and Disney Channel Building Area turns into a recreation of Walts Hyperion Studios. here you will have a beautifull little garden, with a little gift shop for special Black & White Fab.  5 souvenirs. Inside the Studio Building is The Art of Disney Animation, Stitch Live and of cours the new Attraction
Animania: This attraction is a mix out of Roger Rabbits Cartoon Spin meets Toystory Mania. A clasic Disney Dark ride with AAs, Blacklight and of cours 3D screens and interaktive games. Here you go on a journey with Mickey and Oswald to turn the World of Black & White into Color. Take a seat at you vehicle, take the brush and paint the background in color while you spinn through the first section. the second section will have kind of midway games, here you fight against the villain who stole the color (epic mickey) and the third section is a blacklight, colorful happy final adventure.
At the outside of the Studios is the second stop for the Red Car Trolley. Now you shoul walk ahead to the next Part.
Sunset blvd. / Theatre District: Now you enter Backlot, sorry former Backlot. On the left side you will see Carthey Circle Theatre Inside Carthey you will have a beautiful Restaurant at the upper floors and Cinemagique as the Attraction below the restaurant. Shortly after the Carthey Circle Theatre we have some Sunset Blvd. Buildings with a shop inside. Opposite RNRC is the entrance to Playhouse Disney the next relocated attraction. On the former Armagedoon attraction is now the Hyperion Theatre. here you can watch a Broadway style show called Disney´s Believe.
The RNRC facade will tun into the ABC radio station from the 1940s (or what time ever) and the Moteurs facade will change into a 1940s gas station like the one you see at the end of Studio 1 wich is a shop.! Moteurs will get an retheme and a new story. (lets say The Godfather or Scarface) fits with the time and you can do a great stunt show out of it. Also the third stop for the Red Car Trolley is in this area from here it goes back to Buena Vista Street. If you walk past that all you com to tha last part.
Hollywood blvd. This street begins at the end of Moteurs and ends at the Buena Vista Circle. Here you have some more Buildings with shops and food locations along the HTH side. Opposide where the Tram route is now begins the Hollywood Garden (another name is better i think) here you can watch the new nighttime show Disney Cinema Spectacular a mix out of "Dreams, Fantasmic, World of Color only with Pixar, Marvel and Disney Pictures movies.
Now you walk back to the Buena Vista Circle and the tour of Hollywoodland ends.

This was Land 1 out of 3. Hope you liked it so far. But don´t stop to read, next Land will beginn right now.!
But before the Art of Disney Animation, ToonStudio foto location and Studio 3 needs to go.

QuotePixarWorld: you step through the Pixar studios/ World entrance on the former Disney Animation Building is now a new land based on UP. Cars Race Rally will recieve a a theme to this movie and a new little attraction gets build in there based on the movie. Studio 3 and the Carpets will get an a bugs life theme with Fliks Flyers and it´s tough to be a bug. Crush coaster will get a new facade and the ToonStudio Fotolocation and some part of the costume Building will get the Luxo jr. AA and a Pixar Studios Facade. TSPL and Ratatouille will stay. from this point we will go further into the forest. at the very end of it will be Carsland with all the attractions. Between the Carsland and TSPL/ Ratatoille will be some expansion room for future films. Only on the right side where Dinotopia Set and the Canyon is will be Monstropolis with attractions based on Monsters Ink. and University. The Rockwork of Carsland will expand to its left side where a Brave area gets build. So if you walk from Luigis flying tires out of Pixar world the last thing you see is the Brave area and the big lake for the whole park.

I know i should do a map, to make it more easier to understand the whole thing, because my english is not the best, but for now i will go ahead with the 3rd Land...
You can of curse walk around the lake. Now we ended our PixarWorld tour near the Lake on the new Brave area. from this point on you can go to the next Land.

QuoteMarvel Universe. This will be the biggest land of all, you can enter the land from 2 sides (Sunset blvd. / Hollywood blvd. and PixarWorld / Brave area) coming from the last one you enter the world of Adventures. Here you can visit Asgard with Attractions based on Thor and Loki. You can visit the Jungle of Black Panther with a new incredible Dark ride. Some shops and restaurants are themed to the specific Movie, and also some room will be available for future expansion.
The next stop will be the world of Galaxy. Here you can take Rides on different attractions visit shops or restaurants. Based on guardians of the Galaxy, the Inhumans ect. Between Adventure and Galaxy will be space for expansion and also from Galaxy to the last one will have some future expansion land left.
The Last land of Marvel universe is Stark Expo. This will be the Tomorowland of the Studios. First of all we have the Big Globe sitting on an little Island at the lake, Around the globe you see some track for an suspended Peoplemover traveling through the Stark Expo. The Expo itself will have also different Areas. New Technologie (attractions, shops restaurants based on Iron Man), Science (Super human serum stuff, so based on Captain America, Hulk , Ant Man ect.) and a S.H.I.E.L.D area for the Avengers, Heroes for hire and so on.

So this will be the all for now. Didn´t worked out in every single Detail, but i think it will give you an idea of what i think will be the perfect Studios Park.  I will try to do a little Map to show you how i think everything will be placed. but it will take me a while. But with a lot of imagination you see what i see in this idea hihi^^

Hope you like... and criticism is welcome xDD

Josh

You say it probably won't happen, but I think it's pretty close to what actually will. I think it's great, and you're not suggesting anything that they definitely wouldn't do, so it's a good idea. :D
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Scissorsboi

Your Hollywoodland ideas sound brilliant, classy and tasteful that would really pull the park together neatly! I can very much see this as an idea which Imagineering have actually considered too!
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

|Q|

I REALLY don't like this brand based lands. Thinking this way, you would put Star Tours and Temple du Peril one next to the other! (just the way you put Asgard and Wakanda one next to the other...) Now, Pixar Place at DHS works because it's a reproduction of Pixar's Emeryville headquarters, but I don't see how we can pull that off in WDS Toon Studios area (Toon Studios, another concept GREATLY misguided, imho)

Q

NanookJackal

QuoteYou say it probably won't happen, but I think it's pretty close to what actually will. I think it's great, and you're not suggesting anything that they definitely wouldn't do, so it's a good idea.

Aww thanks..! Damn am i so close with my ideas? haha^^

QuoteYour Hollywoodland ideas sound brilliant, classy and tasteful that would really pull the park together neatly! I can very much see this as an idea which Imagineering have actually considered too!

Thank you, yeah i love my Hollywoodland idea too, it´s like a bigger Main Street with rides and shops and restaurants and lots of theming. Would be my Favorite Place hihi^^

QuoteI REALLY don't like this brand based lands. Thinking this way, you would put Star Tours and Temple du Peril one next to the other! (just the way you put Asgard and Wakanda one next to the other...) Now, Pixar Place at DHS works because it's a reproduction of Pixar's Emeryville headquarters, but I don't see how we can pull that off in WDS Toon Studios area (Toon Studios, another concept GREATLY misguided, imho)

Q

Yeah i know it´s not everyones taste with the brand based lands. But its a bit hard to say i would put star tours thogether with indiana jones. I don´t know the whole marvel universe, all i did was giving some examples and i also said i didn´t thought this out in every single detail.!! some twists and turns have to be done to make it good.!

The PixarWorld area shouldnt be a copy of the Pixar Headquarters or Pixar Place from DHS. this land is meant to be the Backyard of the Pixar Studios, lets say john lesseters and animators playground.  Rich in theming out of the movies and not just buildings with brick walls like at DHS.! and yeah i argee ToonStudios is misguided the way it is now.!

|Q|

Quote from: "NanookJackal"Yeah i know it´s not everyones taste with the brand based lands.

Uhm, I think it's more about opportunity than tastes. I mean, one thing is make a franchise based land where the one-franchise approach gives the opportunity to have a more cohesive theme and hence a more immersive land. Good examples of this approach would be CarsLand in DCA and Marmaid Lagoon and Mysterious Island at TDS (this can work with mini-lands too, like the proposed Star Wars subland in DLP's Discoveryland). But a Pixarland doesn't offer this kind of cohesion, cause each Pixar movie has it's own setting, so you would end up having a mish mash of themes put together only with the justification that "they're all Pixar" (just like the actual Toon Studios).

On the other side (of the park, lol) Marvel actually offers a cohesive world, since all their IPs cam be set in the same Universe. But here you have kind of the opposite problem, since they have  such a large and cohesive Universe, try to stick all together in one giant land risks to be very limiting. I'm totally in favour of having Marvel SuperHeroes in a third gate tailor customed to their needs, but since looks like heroes in WDS are goin to happen (and are goin to be a really good think for the little park, i think), you need to chose some of the themes that you can pursuit and go with them. I'm not sure i'm making my point clear... i think in you project your putting too much stuff together in too little space.

On a side note, since a long time, Marvel canon has estabilished a system to organize the differente universes in wich their stories takes place, so we have the main Marvel timeline published in comics that's called Earth-626, while the Ultimate Universe rebooted series are set in Eart-1610 and Marvel Cinematic Universe is labeled Earth-199999, se in theory they could just put together a Universe for the theme parks with its own continuity, where characters like Spider-Man could cohexist with the characters in the MCU.

Said this, i really don't know how they could "fix" WDS, but if they want to go in the "many studios" direction (i don't like it, but it may work), they cannot just go with Marvel and Pixar (they should include, at least, the Muppetts, and wouldn't be enought)

Quote from: "NanookJackal"The PixarWorld area shouldnt be a copy of the Pixar Headquarters or Pixar Place from DHS. this land is meant to be the Backyard of the Pixar Studios, lets say john lesseters and animators playground.

You can justify almost anything with a backstory, but then not all backstories work that well.

Q