A Summer of Disney Dreams (TRIP VIDEO ADDED!!)

Started by DLP-Photos.com, July 12, 2012, 12:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Epcot_Boy

I loved this Nicolai.........

............. 8)  =D>

David

ed-uk

A book :thumbs:  and a free signed copy for your friends on the forum, Nicolai :D/
Ed & David

DLP-Photos.com

Quote from: "Epcot_Boy"I loved this Nicolai.........

............. 8)  =D>

Haha thanks - what's funny about this effect is that this is how it looked originally. No cloning, copy-pasting or something :P

Quote from: "ed-uk"A book :thumbs:  and a free signed copy for your friends on the forum, Nicolai :D/

Hahaha, that could end up rather expensive  :-"
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

DLP-Photos.com

Dreams of the Old Days - Day 3

So one of the things me and Kristian always make sure to do on our trips is to visit Paris and this was the day for it. We tend to choose the 3rd day, because that leaves us with an equal amount of Disney on each side of Paris :P So be aware after a short DIsney morning, this update will mainly feature photos from Paris :)

But after all we did start the day in Disney wanting to take full advantage of the time using EMH right after enjoying yet another decent and fulfilling breakfast in the latin music filled La Cantina... Walking to the parks we noticed a rather big grey heron on our way through the far out wilderness of the Rio Grande... I always love watching wild life in and around the parks as long as it is like this, adding to the feel of it:

Rio Grande Wild Life by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

When getting near the security check point we got the first sign that this day would be extra busy as we were almost standing in a queue all the way back to the ice rink!! :O This long queue was down to the fact that the security guards were really strict with their bag check this morning - every single corner of the bags were searched with their flashlights! I wonder if this special procedure had anything to do with the big crowds we would see later??

Well the nice thing about this new security procedure is that once you are through you walk straight to the magic! So soon after we found ourselves in Discoveryland ready to help Buzz, who was once again missing though! :( And just as in July we were about to see too that the XP-41 Space Cruisers aren't in top condition either. I got a score of just 3800 and without being too self confident I don't find that possible unless something was wrong with my laser blaster! :( An attraction in need of some attention from maintenance!

Space Mountain: Mission 2 on the other hand continued to be a good experience as we were once again seated in the front row of a car, albeit a bit more in the back this time.. The first part was a bit too dark, but otherwise a great travel through space through the Columbiad Cannon:

Ready For Blast Off by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

We had decided to drop WDS this morning in order to get to Paris earlier.. This left us with some extra EMH time - and boy was it quite nice with Discoveryland looking fantastic this sunny morning..

Goodmorning, Discoveryland by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Space Mountain: Mission 2 by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

To Outer Space by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

It's funny how the most photogenic parts are always the original ones - in this case the rides designed after the brilliant visions of Jules Verne and Leonardo da Vinci...

Visions of Jules Verne by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

... with the from da Vinci inspired Orbitron being as photogenic as ever! No matter if you go for the stylish version:

Orbitron - Machines Volantes by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

... or the deliberately blurred, paced version:

High Speed by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Before leaving for Fantasyland I did manage to continue my "Look Up" theme...

Look Up - Constellations by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

... and then it was time to go through the magic gates of the castle to the land of daring journeys, scary adventures, crazy tea cups and the boy who refuses to grow up. Fantasyland here we come and the entrance have never been more beautiful than it is this year (okay, it certainly was the first couple of years):

Le Château de la Belle au Bois Dormant by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Inside Fantasyland some of this fantasy magic was ruined though by the windows of La Chaumière des Septs Nains being opened having a lady with a vacuum cleaner cleaning the window displays...

Last Preparations by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

... a sight that would often only be visible in the night and a bit sad to see... Quickly getting over this magic spoiler we headed for Peter Pan's Flight - the only Fantasyland EMH attraction we were going to try as we both hate spinning rides like Mad Hatter's and would find it a bit weird after all for the two of us to board a flying elephant :P Now it was clear to us how many people were already in the parks as the queue for Peter Pan was roughly 30 minutes, which is quite huge compared to the typical 5-10 minutes we meet in the morning for Buzz and Space Mountain. The minutes flew by quickly though with the optimistic atmosphere of Fantasyland being irresistably infective! The ride was in quite good condition, but it seemed as if London were saving energy, because it was very dark - did they go green for the Olympics??  :lol:  Knowing that this would perhaps be our only flight with Peter, I enjoyed every second just a bit more and when we got off the trip was once again a bit closer to perfection!

Before heading down Main Street...

Last Preparations by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

... for the RER station, we decided to queue up for Frontierland and a quick morning ride on Big Thunder Mountain. As we were waiting the queue got bigger and bigger and I remembered the sound of BTM being tested from when me and my mum was in queue here in July. A sound I did not hear now! When the gates were opened I started to see what was ahead as the bright work lights were turned on out on the island and no trains were visible on BTM. However, considering nothing was informed by the CM's by the rope we decided to stay in line. However, when 10 o'clock arrived and we were let inside it was clear that BTM was indeed down with technical issues - and this time it must have been tech issues as no guests could have casued the stop by acting stupid or anything... After giving it some time, we decided to leave for Paris and the RER station.

If it wasn't clear to us how many people would be in the parks this day before, then it would be now. Never in my life have I seen soooo many people gathered in such a small place as the front room of the RER train station! WOW  :shock:  People were crazy climbing out of the metro system over the barriers, pushing each other and what not - at this time it was actually a bit of a relief to walk against the traffic and finding a seat in the almost empty train towards the city of all cities!

Now for the Paris part I will mainly post photos and only a little text, because after all this is a Disneyland trip report :)

Our first destination was Place des Vosges, but due to a closed metro station we ended up on Place de la Bastille instead - an opportunity we of course took and we walked the streets surrounding the beautiful plaza including this lovely market in which I got myself 6 vintage fridge magnets and my mum a union jack umbrella... This was really the feel of "LOCAL PARIS":

Market Days by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Place de la Bastille by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Train By the Seine by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Parisian Rooftops by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Paris Traffic by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Metro by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

After this little unplanned detour we found our way towards the first goal of the day: Place des Vosges. This is the oldest planned square (a true square measuring 140mx140m) in Paris and not really the biggest tourist destination, though many visitors find it to be one of the most beautiful squares in Paris and the entire world. This might be taking it a bit too far, but it was an extremely beautiful square, a peaceful oasis in the middle of a traffic filled neighborhood with the square surrounded by 36 identical and very beautiful buildings made of red bricks planned with 9 similar buildings on each site. If you ever visit Paris and you have a little extra time, do visit this square for a beautiful, charming and most importantly authentic parisian experience:

Place des Vosges by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Home of Victor Hugo by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Meditating Paris by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Taking our time enjoying the atmosphere of the Place des Vosges and the surrounding streets, we eventually ended up here again:

Metropolitain by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Motorcycle Anyone? by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

We were starting to feel a growing hunger, but decided to take advantage of our Paris Visite 24h train tickets and take the metro to Louvre instead for a lunch in the ever so lovely Jardin des Tuileries! But of course you cannot take the metro to Louvre - Rivoli without taking a good look at this:

When Pyramids Meet by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Look Up - Louvre by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Light Spectrum by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

After enjoying a delicious chicken panini with the most wonderful view...

... we walked around the courtyard of Louvre before walking slowly through the Jardin des Tuileries garden towards Place de Concorde eventually ending up for our shopping spree at Avenue Champs-Élysées.. This is paradise for anyone with a camera and the interest in playing around with different framing techniques:

Musée du Louvre by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Guests Reflected by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Green Paris by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Chairs With a View by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

In the Shadow by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Place de la Concorde by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Down the Avenue by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

And then a not so nice photo of a sad side of every bigger city - put in a spoiler as it is not very 'magical':

[spoiler:2acp9hm2]
All Alone by NKA-Photo, on Flickr[/spoiler:2acp9hm2]

After a good and way too expensive shopping spree on Champs-Élysées we found ourselves in the RER train back to Disney - the evening will be photoless (I know, I am sorry in advanace) and will be online tomorrow evening! :)

Once again thanks for reading through this quite long bit of reporting :D
/Nicolai

Martin B

Jeeez! That woman needs to get out of that window!

However, great report as usual.

More tomorrow please!!  :thumbs:
@DisneyMart - Follow me on twitter and I\'ll tweet live from Disneyland Paris and other Disney locations on our magical adventures... www.twitter.com/DisneyMart

never2old

Beautiful pictures once more!!

I love Paris, and it's a shame we don't take more time to visit. I think that because we live relatively close to it (just 3 hours drive), and we could pretty much go for the day anytime, we never do :(  

It looks like you had a perfect day for it though, beautiful blue skies all around!!

Looking forward to the rest :D

lynny

lovely continuation of your report :D
lovely pics of paris,someday i'll make the effort and leave the park.lol

you inspired me to book for feb,wasn't sure if i'd go to DLRP for a while as my oldest starts uni in a few weeks and i'm starting a course but i got a good deal 4 night 5 days for the price of 2 night 3 days @ HNY...too good a deal to miss so just me and my 11yr old are going :thumbs:

your spolier pic made me cry.......tad emotional today anyway but it did make me cry:-( :-(

looking forward to hearing more ;)
HOTEL CHEYANNE JUNE 2000
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2006
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2007
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB CHRISTMAS 2008
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2009
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2010
HOTEL NEW YORK LAKE VIEW HALLOWEEN 2011
HOTEL NEW YORK UPGRADED TO LAKE VIEW MAY 2013

Epcot_Boy

Regarding your 'Spoiler' pic.............someone last week won £140,000,000+ on the Eurolottery in England and yet we see photos like this one. Something's wrong surely :(  :?

A great street photo, says more than any words can :cry:  =D>

David

DLP-Photos.com

Thank you all! Once again I really, really, really (!) appreciate your praise :)

Lynny and Epcot_Boy - that is indeed a very sad and thought provoking sight! A sight like that really makes you think an extra time about the "problems" you face in your every day life...

Sorry for the loong wait between some of the updates, but with a new apartment to settle in too there is a lot to do with a very short amount of time :)
/Nicolai

DLP-Photos.com

Dreams of the Old Days - Day 3

First of all - I'm really sorry for the delay... I want to put dedication into my updates and because of this I simply haven't had the time to do an update since Monday. Tonight I really, really, really hope to make two updates - starting with this small, photoless ( :shock: , I know!!) update from thursday evening.

Having walked around Paris all day with my camera, an extra lens and an increasing amount of shopping, I opted for an evening without camera just to relax my shoulders and neck before I planned taking my reasonably new, giant tele-lens to the parks on Friday (it is very heavy!! haha)

As always we felt no need to waste a lot of time in the hotel and having arrived back in the hotel a little before 6, we still planned to visit WDS before closing time - this night for a ride on Tower of Terror... And no wait, I cannot make a photoless update! (Who am I kidding?), so I'll add some photos from the previous days to illustrate...

The Hollywood Tower Hotel by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

We did manage it and with a waiting time of just 15 minutes it was perfect. We both agreed that this was the funniest drop sequence we had ever had - we laughed from the first drop to the last. What a fun attraction! And really, it isn't that wild, the most thrilling aspect is almost the anticipation building from the very beginning of the queue line. For me it's only the 4th wildest ride in WDS with both RnRC, RC Racer and Crush being wilder! But maybe that is just me?

In comparison with our first evening when we visited the studios for RC, ToT was much more precise in its closing time. We were out just a little after 7, which was perfect, because when we entered Disneyland Park and went for The Lucky Nugget there was no line at all and an almost completely empty restaurant with everyone gathered for the parade. We were literally JUST in time as the last float was going past the castle as we entered Frontierland through the covered walkway! PERFECT Timing and we were quickly seated within Lucky Nugget Saloon having both ordered the Fish'n'Chips, which were a thousand times better than in July when I was there with my mum - and it was in no way bad back then. Really delicious. Unfortunately this gave us the only bad CM experience - not because our CM was bad, angry or anything... Actually she was really nice and polite, but it was clear that she was crying! I noticed how she really tried to force on the Disney smile... I really wanted to ask if everything was okay, but then again she seemed to be having a hard time just smiling, so I decided not to. Not very 'happy', but it certainly wasn't her fault!

The Lucky Nugget Saloon by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Well, there was no further reason to dwell on this, so passing by the enormous queue of people now in line for dinner here, we exited Lucky Nugget to take advantage of the shorter queues now that "everybody else" was heading for dinner. Starting off in Fantasyland we planned to work our way through Adventureland and Frontierland before eventually ending up for Dreams for which we wanted to stand further down Main Street this evening.

First stop was a timeless classic though: Blanche Neige et les Septs Nains. An attraction which I - just as in July - enjoyed a little bit more thinking about the fact that was removed from the Magic Kingdom over in WDW. I still cannot believe this! For me a Disney trip is never completed without this one! So now an even bigger step closer to perfection (trust me, the trip would get even more perfect on Friday!) we headed towards Adventureland and what already looked like a clear winner of our rides count: Pirates of the Caribbean. Now on wednesday evening the swinging pirate wasn't working, so when we headed up the lift hill and the chains on the side weren't working either (the themed ones) I was getting a bit grumpy only to be seeing a mischevious pirate swinging just above my head seconds later. And when the sword fighting pirates for the third day in a row actually hit each others swords I was once again a happy pirate! Close to perfect condition from my point of view! :)

An attraction which this cannot be said about is Big Thunder Mountain. Remember in the morning we had queued up for the opening of Frontierland to try it and it was down. Now we headed for it again and to our great joy it was open - it had a 60 minute wait, which was kind of perfect considering our Dreams plans which didn't see us getting ready for Dreams until 10.30 or so... Everything was even better when we got just behind a group of british dancers (not very old - and I must admit I found it weird they had no adult with them)... Well they started off asking the CM at the entrance if it was ACTUALLY 60 minutes wait and when he said yes, the "leader" said in the most posh british accent "oy, he says it's actually really 60 minutes! We are not gonna make it"... The others didn't care and they got in queue. Being an anglophile with capital A I was sure I was in for a treat and I was not disappointed. From children you wouldn't get a british accent more posh than this! But it only lasted 10 minutes or so, when they suddenly decided to leave the queue. Sigh, the wait just got a bit less funny  :lol:  Luckily this queue line is very charming, especially when it starts to get dark outside.. On our previous trips we had tried BTM in the dark, so with less and less light outside we were really excited, when we were literally next in line to board a train.... and then...... on went all the lights and the technical issue spiel was played. A few minutes later we were asked to leave the queue line! Talk about bad luck :(

Slightly annoyed by this late break down of BTM we went for Phantom Manor in stead. The only queue line, which is even more charming in the dark! The view over the almost dark Frontierland with Molly Brown docked and the bright top of the castle on the horizon - this is one of the most beautiful sights in the park. Which is why I allow myself to bring a photo from an earlier trip to illustrate (though it wasn't this dark):

The ride is also very good at this time of day - not so many guests and because of the dark outside it really feels as if you see the details better with your eyes not demanding time to adjust to the dark ligthing of the Manor interior! A great, great ride!

We found ourselves having the time to see Fantillusion once again (a chance I wouldn't let go with the rumoured closure of the parade), so we decided to do just as with Dreams and see it on Main Street today... A completely different experience than the one on Central Plaza. On Central Plaza you get to see the great use of the castle during the show stop sequences... but you also miss out on the funniest, most optimistic show stop being the one of the garden. On Main Street you really see the show stops best - and these are show stops that really add to the story and they have brilliant soundtracks!

When the parade ended we were shocked to see just how many people decided to exit the park!! :O Think about the chaos for Dreams if all these people stayed in! Wow... We moved a bit forward from our position by Walt's - but we also moved with respect for the people who had stood further down towards the castle, wo when we reached Casey's Corner we stopped and found a great spot in the middle of Main Street. The traffic here was immense! Pushchairs, pushing parents and over tired children heading towards the exits, but also the ones who was just thundering towards the castle (the ones we had been "fighting" with in Central Plaza on the previous two evenings. As show start was imminent I looked behind me and my height had certainly made sure that I had no one standing in a distance of 3-4 metres behind me  :lol:  The lights went out and up went all the children on the parents' shoulders. I wanted to shoot handheld photos from here on Friday evening and I must admit I had my doubts about the possibilities of this when I saw all the children... But you'll see the results tomorrow and a little sneak peek here:

Un Jour! by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Now, judging the experience of Dreams from this position: the grand scale of the entire show is so much more immersive here! From the very first seconds with the lights on the sky you get chills and throughout the show you get to see the projections in full and really feel the scale of the water fountains. That being said the sound was definetely much worse! The speakers down Main Street do NOT play the soundtrack - I think the last ones that does it are the ones by the information board. Also the children on shoulders means that you really must be quite tall to get a great look. Because of this my recommendation will be: if you are there for more than 2 nights, do see it at least once from this position, but also see it from Central Plaza. If I get another chance I will try to see it from around the Information Board as I think that will be a very good mix of the two experiences! No matter what it was once again a chilling experience that had tears just at the very edge of my eyes if not flowing out of them. A beautiful show, a grand masterpiece and a true Disney story told through the amazing storytelling and technology of WDI.  :D/  :D/

Heading out of the parks we stopped by a few of the Disney Village shops where I bought some gifts and some things for my new apartment, which you will see when the report reaches the finish line. However, there is still three updates to go... and they feature (among much other): Horses on Main Street U.S.A, Tarzan la Rencontre, more Disney Dreams photos and a Main Street special edition of my Look Up theme.

Next update will with most certainty arrive later tonight :) Once again thanks for reading along! And I promise the next update will feature a whole lot more photos ;)
/Nicolai

never2old

I hate the one to point this out but it is now Saturday morning and the promised next update is not here!! :P

Still,another great update!

I'm very jealous you got to do Phantom Manor so much, particularly in the evening like that! It's my favorite time to do it (same as BTM, sorry it wasn't working!!) PM will be closed when we go in September :(

It must be a different experience going around without a camera! I always have at least one with me, i cant resist it, it's terrible! I need to try it sometime... I keep telling myself that first time we watch Dreams I'll do just that, and take no pictures at all to simply enjoy it, we'll see if I can manage...

Hurry up with the next update, I can't wait!!

DLP-Photos.com

Quote from: "never2old"I hate the one to point this out but it is now Saturday morning and the promised next update is not here!! :P

Still,another great update!

I'm very jealous you got to do Phantom Manor so much, particularly in the evening like that! It's my favorite time to do it (same as BTM, sorry it wasn't working!!) PM will be closed when we go in September :(

It must be a different experience going around without a camera! I always have at least one with me, i cant resist it, it's terrible! I need to try it sometime... I keep telling myself that first time we watch Dreams I'll do just that, and take no pictures at all to simply enjoy it, we'll see if I can manage...

Hurry up with the next update, I can't wait!!

Indeed I feel very guilty... However, it was simply too late to start writing when all the photos were edited and uploaded... But they are all ready and uploaded, so as soon as I am home from some shopping I will do the update. And the second part of day 4 WILL come tonight!!

Ahh, boo to PM being closed when you go! As you say it's really great in the evening :)

You have to promise to simply just enjoy Dreams the first time you see it! The experience is definetely not the same when you are taking photos and this show deserves an unspoiled first viewing. Then you can take photos the next evening... But the thing wihtout the camera - it is very different, but also very difficult. I always joke about feeling naked and the regret when you have no camera and suddenly see the perfect shot is big! But the extra joy of walking around without the camera is worth it.
/Nicolai

never2old

Quote from: "forza_united"I always joke about feeling naked and the regret when you have no camera and suddenly see the perfect shot is big!

That's exactly how I feel without a camera in Disney!! I think in all these years, the only times I didn't have the camera ready was if the battery run out... And now I always carry a spare, so even that hasn't happened in a while! Plus I now also have the iPhone, so another camera ready just in case... ;)

I will try to watch Dreams camera free!! I agree you enjoy shows like that a lot more if you don't need to worry about getting great shots or filming... We only have two nights on our trip, so gotta make the most of it!! Ideally on the first night we'll try to simply watch the show and enjoy it (ok, maybe sneak in a couple of quick shots, but nothing more....) And then the second night try to get a better spot to take some pictures. Or maybe watch it from our room (we're staying in a park view room in the Castle Club  :D/  :D ), my hubby is very keen on trying to watch it from there, if we have a room with a balcony. View must be good, but I don't think we'll hear much of the music.... So we'll see. I'm hoping that a Monday night at the end of September will be quiet enough so that we can get a good spot in Central Plaza without too much fighting...

Hurry back from your shopping!! I hope you have lots of pictures of Tarzan!!

DLP-Photos.com

Dreams of the Old Days - Day 4 Part 1

So I am back with a much more photo filled update from day 4 - here I used my new 70-200 f/2.8 lens (for the photo nerds) and I can say that it was quite heavy to walk around with for an entire day!  :lol: That being said it does offer some great possibilites when it comes to taking photos of details and especially as you will see later shows like Tarzan la Rencontre!

Well on with it - you know the morning drill: 7am breakfast in La Cantina with 1 baguette, 1 croissant, 1 pain au chocolait and 1 bowl of fruit salad. Off to the parks for EMH - today the queue for the security checkpoint was almost non existing, which told me that thursday had been an extra busy day - the check was also much more "easy" this morning, so we quickly found ourselves in Fantasia Gardens once again...

Hotel Disneyland by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

... a warm and sunny morning creating a really special light - a light that would actually stay for big parts of the afternoon and evening too. A very warm light!

Lights by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Disneyland City Hall by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Being there already 8.15 the park was almost empty and Buzz Lightyear (with a mediocre score of 249.2k) and Space Mountain: Mission 2 were complete walk-ons! In Space Mountain we were once again put in the first row of a car without it being the next free row. So it was now very clear that this was something they did on purpose because of my height - especially because the CM just gave me the elevator look before telling us the row  :lol: I'm very happy they do this as it really heightens the joy and comfort of this otherwise quite rough ride. Great service, although I of course don't know if it's only something they do in the not so busy EMH hours....

Blast Off by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Star Tours by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Orbitron - Machines Volantes by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Orbitron Reflected by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

The Hyperion by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

D for Discovery by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

After taking good time to explore the really beautiful Discoveryland in the morning light (oh please, Tony Baxter, come back to "finish" this land in the near future!), we found ourselves in Central Plaza which offered two beautiful sights that made my day although it was only 9 in the morning:

The first of these sights being our beautiful castle in the beautiful light:

As a matter of fact every single view you took was beautiful as ever in this light...

Fantasyland Rooftops by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

As we were in good time to reach the studios before 9.30 we took our time walking down Main Street U.S.A and on a morning like this I feel photos tell the atmosphere much better than words...

Glass Fantasies by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Piano Lessons by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Film Development by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

And now for the second sight making my day - actually the best sight of the entire trip for me! It was the third morning in a row that we were given this sight:

A Horse Down Main Street U.S.A by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

One Way Transportation by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Is it just me or isn't this Main Street as we really want to see it? In a time when DCA has just been given the red trolleys and the beautiful Buena Vista Street, it was amazing to see this life on Main Street! All the cars were out and now also the horse drawn street cars! Hearing the horses "clack" their way down Main Street and the old fashioned horns of the vehicles - if this could continue throughout the day I could easily just spend an entire day sitting here enjoying this atmosphere. When I noticed that no one really was in queue for street car I asked Kristian if we could just take it down to the castle and what can I say - the trip was now officially perfect:

Perfect View by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

This might have been my 14th trip, but it was the very first time I travelled with the horse drawn street cars. The interior of the cars are beauitfully themed with advertising for all the shops of Main Street and so on (unfortunately no photos because I only had the big lens), but I can really recommend taking this down Main Street U.S.A - it'll be like experiencing this street for the very first time! You really feel like a part of it!

Going down Main Street again towards WDS I just had to get a few extra shots :)

Bell Tower by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Dapper Dan Celebrations by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Drink Coca Cola by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

The Popular Game "Halma" by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

We had been a little delayed on our way to WDS, but luckily the queues over there weren't as big as they had been on wednesday and our timing couldn't have been better with the turnstiles just opening as we walked there at 9.30. The queue for Crush was opened quickly and that turned out to be a good thing, because once we had entered the indoor queue the ride faced some technical issues, I have never seen so many engineers at one attraction and yet they managed to get it back up and running without having to evacuate the ride or empty the queue line. So 15 minutes later or so we were spinning around the big East Australian Current laughing like never before!  :lol: Such a fun ride!

Before queueing up for Tower of Terror we just got ourselves some Fastpasses for it too, which were for a little after 12. The waiting time was only 20 minutes or so, so we hoped to catch the 11 showing of Cinémagique afterwards, although the 20 minutes would have to be quite precise if we were to do so... Queueing up I used the lens to do a little "Tower Details" series:

Tower Details by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

The amount of detail on the exterior is really impressing - just a shame with all the nets..... :S

WDS Skyline by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

You enter the lobby and the amount of detail is even bigger - this is one of the best signs of this being one of the best new WDI rides!

Table Left by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Forgotten Clothes by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Inside the library we had the first great CM moments that always make me so happy in Disney. It had nothing to do with us but instead a little boy in his wheelchair. When entering the library he ended up being placed in the middle of everything with no possibility at all to see the screen. The CM, while still in character, walked in to him and using some hotel excuse I can't remember right now he pushed the wheelchair forward and asked people to move aside so he could see. He sat down with him during the entire library film! Experiences like this make me so happy, that it can best be described by me smiling and getting goosebumps just by writing this down.. One of the best things with Disney guest service!!

But this would not be the only thing making this stay in the hotel especially memorable. The elevator ride was one of the craziest we have experienced - there was a lot of children (small children!) with their fathers and when the doors closed and they all started screaming every adult in the elevator knew where this was heading. I have never heard so much screaming, crying and laughing on this ride! The children screamed and cried while their fathers couldn't help but laughing... Quite surreal, but it had to be said that all the children only with one or two exceptions smiled when leaving the elevator.

It was 11 o'clock, so we rushed to Cinémagique and to our great happiness we were allowed in as some of the very last ones. When we were sat inside the theatre and the show was just about to start a man in a suit entered, he had a name tag on, short grey hair and a beard. Now, I was too far away to know for sure and after the great show he quickly disappeared so I never got to see, but I swear... It certainly looked like Steve Davison! I know that it probably wasn't with 99 % certainty as he has been working on the new Shanghai Parade, but still it REALLY looked like him.

When exiting the theatre the first thing I noticed and almost yelled to Kristian was: CEDRIC! Some of the readers of my previous reports will know that me and Kristian had a favourite ToT CM called Cedric - he was so much in character and so funny! And now I saw him again, but unfortunately the brown-red jacket and hat of ToT had been exchanged with the similar uniform in grey for Cinémagique. Yup it looks like we'll hear no more "Enjoy your S-Tayyyy" in ToT :(

A little downed by this, we strolled around the park taking loads of photos before our ToT fastpasses:

La Terrasse by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

The Drop by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

A Touch of Hollywood by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Garden Lights by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

To Chase Yourself by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

... And Beyond by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Scary Dinosaur by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

A World of Toys by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Directions by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

From Route 66 to Hollywood by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Hey, Dude by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Including shots of all the Art of Disney Animation statues:

Dumbo the Flying Elephant by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Pinocchio by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Mulan by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Fantasia by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Tarzan by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Mickey by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Tinkerbell by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Hercules by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Donald by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Esmeralda by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Brer Rabbit by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

The Genie by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

You Can Fly by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Towards the Stars by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

It All Started With a Mouse by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

The Man Who Created the Magic... by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

The Hollywood Tower Hotel by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

After this photo marathon and another funny drop into the Twilight Zone we had the most delicious lunch in La Terasse - and NO it was not the sausage/fries filled sandwich ( :sick: ), but the yummy chicked salad. First time I had lunch here, but what a great place to sit - the fact you are in the "courtyard" of Hollywood Boulevard this really don't have the non-finished feel of WDS. For me this is the most immersive place in WDS - themening of highest class everywhere you look.

It was time to leave WDS and enter Disneyland Park once again - we planned to see the 2.30 showing of Tarzan la Rencontre. After a quick stop at Main Street and the Liberty Arcade...

Mice and Castle by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

A Street of Magic by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Liberty by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

... we headed straight for Frontierland to get BTM fastpasses, but once again it was down and of course the fastpasses were closed too :P In stead we went for Fantasyland and Alice' Curious Labyrinth of course through our beloved Adventureland...

Caribbean Shore by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

The Labyrinth was the brightest I had seen for quite some visits and also there was a huge queue! :O I only took photos from the queue, while I filmed inside the labyrinth, so that'll have to wait until the trip video (with my time efficiency this might be finished around 2018  :lol:  :lol: )...

Having a Smoke by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Crazy Eyes by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Pink Summer by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

It was no time to travel deep into the jungles of Africa to meet an acrobatic group of Gorillas and of course see the King of the Jungle; Tarzan meet the strangers like him and facing a new life. All set to the brilliant music of Phil Collins and told through acrobatics that is ever so impressive, no matter how many times you've seen it before...

... Just before show time this guest flow CM Laurent entertained the entire theatre with a trick with his arms leaving everybody trying to copy him with no success of course...

Tarzan la Rencontre by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

and then... time for some monkey business:

Strangers Like Me by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Strangers Like Me by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Take My Hand... by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

Trashin' the Camp by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

ONCE AGAIN SPECIAL TREATMENT FOR A DISABLED CHILD - YAY!!  :D  :D

A Lifelong Memory by NKA-Photo, on Flickr

What a terrific show, as long as they cannot afford to produce a new one, I would have no problem with them still showing this :)

While me and Kristian continued right until the end of Dreams without going back to the Hotel, I will take a little break to edit some more photos and do some other stuff. The next part WILL be online tonight - I really, really promise!  :lol: And also you will learn in the next update that I lied in the day 3 part 2 update  :oops:  :lol:

Until then, thanks for reading :)
/Nicolai

never2old

Ok, the update was worth the wait... :D

Beautiful shots, I love all those details up close!! Gorgeous, they really make you appreciate just how beautiful and detailed the parks are.

I've never even seen the horse drawn carriages, let alone been in one!! Must be a very special experience :D

And thank you for all those Tarzan pics, they're excellent! Really good to see all those close ups!!