Meal Plans — Half Board & Full Board options and information

Started by Anthony, May 07, 2012, 09:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stifle

Yes the vouchers are separate and are equally valid at lunch and dinner, unless you have the Hotel meal plan.

If you are using buffet places then it doesn't make sense to do this however. Everybody who sits for the meal needs to pay and it will be better value to use all 6 vouchers for buffet and pay cash for the pizzas.

samitambling

does anyone know about using your meal plan vouchers towards buffalo bills/princess lunch i have gone plus full board just trying to work out if worth going to premium to do the character/show meals and what the top up would be tia x x

DisneyRon

Quote from: samitambling on December 31, 2014, 09:23:39 PM
does anyone know about using your meal plan vouchers towards buffalo bills/princess lunch i have gone plus full board just trying to work out if worth going to premium to do the character/show meals and what the top up would be tia x x

As far as I'm aware both should be possible, as you can always use vouchers as partial payment against their face value for Disney owned and operated restaurants. :) As for the price difference, not entirely sure what the face value of the full board plus vouchers even is. :-[

stifle

Here's the facts and figures!

The value of a Plus voucher is €33 adult €15 child. Auberge de Cendrillon runs to €65.99 adult and €36.00 child so there's a fair amount of money needing to be added, €33 per adult and €21 per child. Buffalo Bill is €59.90 adult and €46.90 child (assuming category 2 seats), so there the top up is €27 per adult and €32 per child.

If you currently have Plus full board and want to change over to Premium full board that will cost €40 per adult per night and €21 per child per night. Obviously this needs to be done before you arrive.

I don't know if I could physically eat and enjoy premium full board for more than a day or two though...

DisneyRon

Quote from: stifle on January 03, 2015, 11:22:42 PM
I don't know if I could physically eat and enjoy premium full board for more than a day or two though...

It's quite doable. ;) However to do so and still come out ahead cost-wise is a good deal harder, and if you're with a group eating at a table restaurant for Lunch does take a fair bit of time.

When I was in DLP last September I had full board Premium, as I was by myself a full sit down meal didn't take that long, so it was fine. A nice break from walking around the park the whole day. ;D
However on the cost front, it is hard to come out ahead, unless you're eating at the top restaurants for both lunch and dinner it is unlikely that you'll be saving money.

I managed reasonably well I think, eating at Inventions twice (both for dinner), the California Grill twice and doing Buffalo Bill's show, visit L'Auberge de Cendrillon and Walt's for lunch, the only "under valued" meal I did was one lunch at Hakuna Matata. So I probably came out ahead over all, but that wasn't my goal, I mainly wanted to treat the food as a sunk cost, paying for it beforehand so I wouldn't have to worry about spending money as much. :)

caffeine_demon

A couple of quick questions.

1 - I see that the "hotel only" full board option gives you a voucher for a counter service lunch - is there any way to get counter service lunch on other full board plans?  I wouldn't really want 2 ayce buffets in a day!

2 - Is there any way to get the meal plan to cover day of arrival and day of departure?

Ta!

DisneyRon

1) Your non-hotel-plan vouchers are valid in all counter service restaurants (providing they are owned and operated by Disney), so the main difference with your Hotel plan Counter Service vouchers is that you have more options with the other vouchers, it's not as if they're not valid at counter service restaurants when you can use them for sit down meals. :)

They're simply used against their face value, rather than being used for a set number of courses.
For Full Board Standard and Plus the over-value isn't enormous, for Premium you might encounter some resistance when trying to use them at a Counter Service restaurant, as they're usually worth more than twice the cost of a meal.

2) You get a full set of vouchers for every night of your stay, so for full board that means 2 vouchers per person per night. The vouchers are not dated as such, they have a range of valid dates. I don't believe you can add an extra day onto a plan, as it's linked directly to the number of nights of your stay.

Usually I arrive relatively late, so I only use 1 voucher on the day I arrive (for dinner) which leaves me with a spare for lunch on my departure day, as the vouchers are valid across your entire stay.

Coldupnorth

DisneyRon

stifle

Quote from: DisneyRon on January 08, 2015, 09:48:34 PM
Quote from: Coldupnorth on January 08, 2015, 09:44:05 PM
What is the value of the premium vouchers?

€49,50 for an adult.

Sorry, that's wrong. They are €57 for an adult. €29 for a child.

DisneyRon

Quote from: stifle on January 09, 2015, 02:07:37 PM
Quote from: DisneyRon on January 08, 2015, 09:48:34 PM
Quote from: Coldupnorth on January 08, 2015, 09:44:05 PM
What is the value of the premium vouchers?

€49,50 for an adult.

Sorry, that's wrong. They are €57 for an adult. €29 for a child.

That was the value listed on the actual vouchers I had in September, if they increased them since then that's nice, but that was the amount they actually counted for 3 months ago. :)

stifle

I guess it must have changed; I called in November and posted the updated values above.

DisneyRon

Quote from: stifle on January 09, 2015, 02:18:06 PM
I guess it must have changed; I called in November and posted the updated values above.

It's a nice improvement, I mean €7,50 extra value for the adult certainly isn't bad. :)

stecal

Hi i have got half board plus for our trip in february but someone has paid for buffalo bills separately for us so will have a dinner voucher spare, is it possible to go somewhere cheaper like say pizza planet and just use 2 of the 4 vouchers to pay for that meal (and pay cash if it is more than the 2 voucher value) and save the other 2 for a cheap lunch on another day or else it seems a bit of a waste using all 4 vouchers for a cheap lunch and my kids wont eat 2 big meals and breakfast each day,i did do a search on here but couldn't find any info on it
thanks

DisneyRon

Quote from: stecal on January 12, 2015, 01:58:21 PM
Hi i have got half board plus for our trip in february but someone has paid for buffalo bills separately for us so will have a dinner voucher spare, is it possible to go somewhere cheaper like say pizza planet and just use 2 of the 4 vouchers to pay for that meal (and pay cash if it is more than the 2 voucher value) and save the other 2 for a cheap lunch on another day or else it seems a bit of a waste using all 4 vouchers for a cheap lunch and my kids wont eat 2 big meals and breakfast each day,i did do a search on here but couldn't find any info on it
thanks

Not entirely sure if that works, but as long as you do it at a counter service restaurant, I think it should work just fine.

On my last visit I tried to pay with a Full Board Premium voucher at Hakuna Matata, and the first reaction of the CM on seeing my order (as it was just for one person): Maybe order a few more things to make the loss smaller? :)
So it seems that this is something that's done regularly.