Café Mickey — Disney Village

Started by Anthony, May 06, 2012, 03:47:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

missoverexcited

Are the same characters there at breakfast and dinner?

gemma2806

Sometimes but what they tend to do is have roughly 8-10 different characters on rotation. If you go in the morning for breakfast at the first sitting at 8am and stay till at least the second sitting at 9:30 you get to see all the characters. I did this last visit, had breakfast at 8am and stayed till 10am as they don't make you leave, and we saw 8 different characters in total.

In the evening it would be harder to see this many. I had dinner here at 6:30 one night and didn't leave till 9pm and we only got to see 4 characters in this time, I imagine they drag out the rotation of characters as they have a much longer time slot to fill in the evenings.

missoverexcited

That's interesting, thanks.

hawian rollercoaster

I read on another forum that there are now less characters and they have a set route so no tables get missed and the characters are basically going to be the fab five. So no more surprises as to who you are going to meet then . Im afraid its losing its appeal for me. There are so few character meals on offer now cafe mickey was always a favourite for us especially the element of surprise.

never2old

It's probably been already answered but I can't find it... Can you have breakfast in Cafe Mickey if you're staying off site?

Thanks!

SVioletS

N2O I'm almost sure you can, but pay a bit more! Why don't you call dining reservations line to be sure?

First time ever: August 2000, one day visit!
August 2010, NewPort Bay, 5 days
October 2012, Sequoia Lodge, 5 days
April 2014, Sequoia Lodge, 6 days - Big 7th Bday Surprise for DD#1 :)
September 2015, Newport Bay 6 days - Another surprise!!!

gemma2806

Yes you definitely can but as SVioletS has said you do have to pay slightly more, this has something to do with the breakfast prices you pay as part of the package for staying on site being slightly more than the packages you pay for staying off site.

I do remember from last year when I went though that you weren't given the option of the first seating it was only the 2nd seating that was open to off site hotels but I'm not sure if this still applies or not  :)

never2old

Great thanks!

I'll see if I can fit breakfast instead of lunch... If I do I'll call to book it and ask about the price, I'll let you know!

cyrilthemilkman

Hi, would someone be able to clear something up for me.

I have a reservation at 5:30, but realised it would be pushing it a bit for us to be able to catch dreams at 7 (three under 5's take forever).  So i phoned up again to bring the reservation forward an hour, but was told Cafe Mickey isn't open until 6:15.  Hmmmm...... so for my original reservation am I eating on the floor outside?  I thought Cafe Mickey was open all day?  Do you reckon I should just chance it and arrive early?  Or re-arrange when I get there (this is on our first night and thought it would be a nice way to kick off the week).

haribosmum

I think 6;15 is the earliest time that the characters come out, so perhaps your booking at 5;30 would still be valid but wouldn't have characters walking round? We had a 6,30 sitting last time but got there early and the restaurant definitely had people already eating meals.
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

cyrilthemilkman

Cool, well our plan was to eat early there on our first night as a bit of a warm up for the kids for the magic ahead, then head on into the park to catch dreams at closing time, which i think is 7 the day we arrive.  So may get the tail end of the characters. 

fd1972uk

Hi,
We plan to do this meal (dinner) to meet some characters.
We are planning to go October this year, going by archived times it looks like the park would close around 8pm.  What time do the characters come out to at Cafe Mickey?
TIA

FD

hawian rollercoaster

fd1972uk

michellemumof2xx

Hi, also bumping this one up too...

What time can you book here? Is it open for lunch (around 12)and then again dinner (say 5.30pm), or can you go at say 2.30pm or even 3pm?

Can you just go in as a family of 4, and order 2 pizzas, 4 soft drinks and a few desserts or do you have to have set meals? (We went in Feb with half board premium so ate off the set menu so I'm unsure)

Would we still meet characters if we ate at 3pm?

Thanks
First trip ever HNY 15th Feb 2014
Second trip to HNY 17th Feb 2015!!!