La Cantina at the Santa Fe

Started by aklyja, September 14, 2011, 05:31:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bethella

Breakfast at 7am! no way could i get showered, dressed and 3 kids ready by that time! lol. Im planning to get up at 7am and ready by 8.30 at the latest. To be at breakfast by 7am we would have to be up by 6am and i would rather enjoy my evenings, if we are up at 6am we would all be shattered by 6pm and wanting to go to bed lol.   They should have a booking system/set times to go to avoid people having to queue.  From what i remember last time we did the same as we plan this year and go about 8.30 and i dont remember ever having to queue, just hope thats the same this year
2003 Santa Fe
2005 Walt disney florida
2011 October Santa Fe

littlemermaid83

I would get to breakfast for 7am otherwise it will be a free for all. Plus its still nice and quiet at breakfast time. We will be getting up extra early (god help me) to actually make the most of breakfast this year.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

samuelvictor

Bethella, of course it's entirely up to you & you know your own family, but we found as long as we did a little preparation it was easy to set alarms for 6:40am & be there at 6:55am ready for breakfast.

Of course, this does depend on the ages of your children, but we made sure they had their clothes picked out & in a pile at the bottom of the bed ready for them, gave them a shower/bath the night before, and literally woke them up going "wake up it's time to go to Disneyland!"

They were so excited by being in the parks, they didn't want to miss a second of it, so woke up straight away, brushed their teeth & had a quick wash in less than five minutes, then put their clothes on and walked to breakfast. This took ten minutes tops. My wife & I would have a quick shower (just in & out really) & brush our teeth, again, 5 minutes tops each, I'd go while the kids were getting changed, she'd go after, whilst we put of 5 mins of Disney Channel, then we were off to breakfast!

Of course, I'm lucky in that my wife doesn't spend hours preparing her hair & make-up, but even if you had to take an extra ten minutes or so, a 7am breakfast is still a lot easier & quicker in the long run, and means you get an extra couple of hours a day in the park each day you're there.

If you're worried about the kids, I'd say the chances are they'll be too excited and distracted by all the stuff in the parks to be tired, and then sleep deeper, faster and better at bed time ;) Of course, as adults, this method meant that after three or four days we were pretty tired, but we figured you don't go to Disneyland that often or for that long, so best to get the most possible time in the parks, and the fact others don't always manage this does mean these extra hours have far less queing etc, so it made a huge difference, plus shopping in Disney Village & Main Street, and breakfast times are far more pleasant & less rushed when there aren't hundreds of other people's clambering kids ;)

Of course, that's only my personal opinion, and you know your own family's thresholds for tiredness, how quickly they can wake up etc. All I know is that as soon as mine were awake, they wanted to run into the parks. It was hard to persuade them to stop for breakfast even! :lol: Waking up & bed times were far quicker and easier than at home on school days...

Anthony

Official dining topic for La Cantina at Disney's Hotel Santa Fe.

• Buffet Service

Share your experiences, tips, reviews and questions about this location or notify us of menu changes here!

Explore our complete Disneyland Paris Restaurant Index here.

MinnieMum

sorry to open this back up but I'm looking at La Cantina as a buffet option, the food will really suit my kids, is it within walking distance from the Cheyenne? Thanks.

norhel

Quote from: "MinnieMum"sorry to open this back up but I'm looking at La Cantina as a buffet option, the food will really suit my kids, is it within walking distance from the Cheyenne? Thanks.

Howdy.

The two hotels are neighbors, I would say only a few minutes apart from each other, main building to main building.
If you have a look here http://www.dlrpmagic.com/guidebook/map/ you'll see the hotels on number 9 and 10.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

MinnieMum

lovely thank you x

SwipatronSparks

so.... do they still do the fajitas there? has anyone been recently and can tell me what this restaurant is like.... ate the fajitas spicy? this would go down a treat as most of the people in our group (well as its planned atm) love fajitas so a meal here would be great =]
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

NHDisneylover

I thought I would update this, since we ate  at La Catina last week and would have appreciated recent information before our trip  :D

That said, it doesn't sound like much has changed. 

We thought it was a pretty good buffet and offered a good variety of options.

For "tex-mex" they had:
chicken fajitas (same as at El Fuetne del Orro in Disneyland Park)
chili con carne
tortilla chips with salsa and nacho cheese sauce to use for dipping

They also had:
pasta (vegetarian and meat sauces available)
ribs
roasted chicken
fish in some sort of spiced cream sauce
rice
various vegetables
salad bar

and a large number and variety of desserts including many pastries, a chocolate fountain, fresh fruit and big variety of cheeses.