What is your least pleasurable DLRP experience?

Started by Masamune, December 28, 2006, 12:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Masamune

:lol: The title may sound a bit evil, but we all know that no where is perfect. Disneyland Resort Paris is no exception! :D In this thread you can post whatever negative experiences you may have encountered during your stay at DLRP. :o It may turn out that you have never encountered any, and I know I myself have only ever encountered a few.

:P So really, it's just a mini-rant thread. You can rant about anything! Maybe your unpleasant experience was caused like a Cast Member, like mine was, or maybe you were ill when you visited and that's why you didn't have as much fun.

My negative experience occured when me, my mum and my cousin visited Disneyland in April 2005. We all bought Jessica Rabbit lanyards on the 1st day, and ended up buying a bunch of pins for 3 Euros so that we could trade (this is how we all got into Pin Trading). On the last day, we came across a Cast Member in one of the shops on Main Street who's lanyard was full of really lovely pins. We asked if he would like to trade, once he had finished dealing with customers, and he completely ignored us at first! When we asked again, he gave us a really dirty look and said "No! These are mine!" in the most un-called for tone of voice. He was just so rude! I don't mind that Cast Members have their own pins, but I've never come across any other Cast Member who has been so mean about it. I found out later that pretty much every pin on this guy's lanyard was a Cast Member exclusive, which made it even more annoying that he had refused to trade like that, considering Cast Lanyard exclusives are meant for trading with Guests.

:) Thankfully, apart from general rudeness from other guests (particularly French guests with prams who think they deserve a spot on the pavement for the Parades more than I do), that's the only bit of unpleasantness I've ever encountered at DLRP.

RnRCj

Once I was riding Space Mountain. As it launched me and my dad felt water hitting our face. We wondered what it was, and it kept happening throughout the whole ride. Then it came to us that two French teenagers sitting in front of us were spitting, and it's not very pleasant having other peoples spit on your face! When we arrived back at the station the Cast members asked if we wanted to go again. We told them about the people in front of us and they got chucked off the ride!

*Pixie-Kirsty*

One time I was waiting to get an autograph from eeyore and this french woman with a big pram totally shoved me out the way so her kid could get to him first! It was dead embarrasing cos I actually fell over! Was not impressed...

The only other thing that annoys me is how people think they can cut in front of you when your queing for rides (especially on space mt and pirates) if anyone tries to get past me they get an elbow in the ribs!  :twisted:

The Butlin Boy

My least enjoyable experience at DLRP was when i spent half of my holiday throwing up in our room at Davey Crockett, not good :cry: .

I also totally agree about what others have said about the rudeness of other guests, they can also ruin the holiday.

Dlrpfan

i also have had people pushing me away from characters ands it really gets on my nerves!!! :twisted:
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

moolie19

I agree people who think they can jump a queue really get on my nerves or those that push in for an autograph or picture when you have waited for ages.
But my worst expirience was in the Newport Bay hotel I had paid extra for a lake view room. Not only could you only see the lake if you stuck your head out of the window and craned your neck but the shower did not work, the lamp by the bed was broken and the wallpaper had been peeled of the walls by previous occupants. However neither housekeeping or reception managed to fix any of them or show any interest in fixing them before I left.

However I must point out that all my other previous visits (and there have been a few !?!? ) have always been great and the staff both in the park and hotel are nearly all wonderful.

swity

When we have been to Disneyland this summer I became really sick so that we had to call a doctor....I can't speak French but luckilly a friend of mine...she dmanaged everything....I had big pains,had to take antibiotics but at least I could still walk through the park...It's the worse thing that can happen if you are on holiday...

Patrick

I have only little things really to moan about, which will come to surprise to some :wink: .  My first was one of the character watcher cast members, I asked if I could have my photo taken.  Most of these are probably some of the friendliest cm's I have ever seen.  I was willing to wait till the end of the set, I was in no hurry.  The cast member stood there and said, but what about all the children, really not the nicest thing to get told.  

Another was a cast member in la marionette, who believes it is nice manners to answer back.  Sure my french was not great, but I at least tried, really getting it thrown back in my face was not pleasant.

Apart from this I do not have a worst moment, I enjoy dlrp so much that most bad moments get ironed out of my experience :) .

Gillburt

My worst moments are as follows:

1. Queue pushing by other DLRP guests
2. The attrocious behaviour of the adults when meeting characters
3. Walking past a restaurant in Fantasyland (one of the restaurants that has the toilets next to it) only to see a mother helping her small child to urinate in the box tree planter.

Masamune

@ RnRCj - :shock: OMG, that's terrible! :? I don't know how you managed to contain yourself once the ride had stopped, as I would've been straight up in my seat trying to smack both of them over the head!

@ Kirsty - I've kinda gotten used to the pushing and shoving that comes with meeting characters. Parents of children will always think that their kid is more deserving of an autograph and a picture than a teenager pr young adult. Pushing someone to the floor is completely ridiculous though, I hope you gave the woman a good telling-off! :roll: Even if she pretended not to understand you, as I've found many French guests do when you say "excuse me".

@ TBB - :( Aww, getting sick on holiday must be the worst thing ever.

@ moolie - Eek, that's no good. My mum would go nuts if something like that ever happened to us! Like you say though, stuff like that is (hopefully) a rarity.

@ swity - o-o Getting sick on holiday must be scary as well...me and my mum speak NO French, so we would be pretty screwed if either of us were seriously ill.

@ Pat - :o The CMs that accompany the characters always seem kinda grumpy to me, so I've never actually approached one. :P They're the ones that take the characters away without allowing one last photo.

@ Gill - ._. Number 3 is EW.

:!: *General comment* I've never encountered que jumping, so I never even knew it happened at DLRP! :lol: I'm sorry, but if anyone ever tried to jump past me in a que, they would live to regret it.

babybert

Hi Masamune, dont mean to be rude... but your comment about the castmembers who accompany the characters (acc's) not letting characters pose for one last photo, when you have hundreds of guests surrounding your character and his set has finished, you can't expect to let him take one last picture as everyother guest will want the same thing, when the set has finished then the character can leave without signing anymore autographs or posing for photos, unless the character chooses too, but usually they're very tired and hot and sometimes frustrated when they have a difficult set!!! im not slating you just thought i'd voice my view seeing as i have first hand experience with accompanying characters! please dont be offended by this comment  :D

Masamune

:) It was a joke comment Bert, hence the ":P" emote.

I'm well aware of the reason why they go when they have to. It's the "you can't give one without the other" thing, meaning you can't make an exception for one person but not the person next to them. :o Saying that though, if there isn't actually that many people left who are wanting an autograph/photo, it would be nice if they did make an exception every now and again.

:D So don't worry dear, no offence taken! I'm sorry if you took what I said the wrong way.

Owain

The only bad experiences ive had are the french people, when you try to take a picture in a set or with a character they just walk straight past. I find it very disturbing so i show them a hand gesture to make sure the dont do it again.  :)

Masamune

:lol: That's one way to deal with something like that Owain.

Owain

Its works .  :)  I never seen them for the rest of the trip !  :P