Disneyland Railroad - Still Only 1 Train?

Started by CafeFantasia, March 27, 2012, 10:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CafeFantasia

I have a question about the Disneyland Railroad at Disneyland Park. Are they still only running one train at a time on the circuit, or are they increasing up to two or three trains for the 20th Anniversary?

dreamdisney

They are 4 trains ! But on the circuit 3 trains !

CafeFantasia

There are actually 3 trains running on the circuit at the same time? When I last rode the attraction in May 2009 there was only 1 train, which meant you had to wait for it to complete the entire circuit before getting on!

DGRavenswood

It depends on attendance! They've always varied the number of trains (1–3) based on the number of guests expected on a given day.
David G. Ravenswood
Host, Ravenswood Manor

Twitter | Facebook

"Without a doubt ... the most inclusive online experience of DLP Frontierland." –Jeff Burke

CafeFantasia

Oh right. Thanks for the reply David. Hopefully when I visit the park soon, they'll be running more than 1 train. I love the Disneyland Railroad, it's great. However, standing around for 20 minutes at Main Street Station, waiting for a single train to complete an entire circuit of the park, is not my idea of fun. It's kind of frustrating when you know how many trains they COULD be running.

stecal

they were running at least 2 trains on sunday when we left and the wait was nearly an hour long so gave up after 45 mins as had to get eurostar back

CafeFantasia

Wow, an hour long wait for the Disneyland Railroad? That's crazy. Still, it's good to know that they were running two trains, and not just one.

15MagicalYears

The last time I rode the Railroad was 2010. I rode it twice that trip and waited 40+mins each time, I'm interested to know how many they currently have on the track.

Auroura86

last two times I've been there they were running with 2 trains. The wait was up to an hour, but there were plenty of quieter periods, you just gotta figure out when they are. My son pulled a number on us with this one, it was a 10 minute waiting time, and he decided he wanted the toilet as we were getting to the front, i though okay that's plenty of time so i left my family in the queue, and took my son to the toilet. When i got back the queue had grown ridiculously, and was 60  minutes long. But in a stroke of shear luck and kindness, a cast member recognised us from when we left the line, and so took us up to get on the same train as the rest of the family. So I suggest going on the railroad at a quieter period of the day. They are few and far between, but worth looking out for
Where me keys? Where me phone?

CafeFantasia

I wonder, which of the four Disneyland Railroad stations do most people get on at? Presumably Main Street is the most popular, and Frontierland is the least popular. Does anyone know?

Josh

Frontierland is also very popular. The best place to get on is Fantasyland -- especially with the station being hidden away, thanks Meet Mickey's construction.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Glstitch

Weird , last November I waited like 10 minutes at the Frontierland Station , did the whole tour and never saw alot of people waiting (Main Street was the bussiest one with I guess 20 , 30 minutes wait ) I agree at Fantasyland ther is always a little line , the same with Discoveryland.

Anthony

Funny you should bring up this topic today.

Apparently, in April, Disneyland Railroad will only be open from 10am to 4.30pm each day! Source.

DLRP Roundup!

I wonder how much the train actually takes to keep in service for the extra hours...
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

dagobert

Quote from: "Anthony"Funny you should bring up this topic today.

Apparently, in April, Disneyland Railroad will only be open from 10am to 4.30pm each day! Source.

I really hoped the staggering opening hours of rides and attractions are gone!