Disneyland Railroad - Still Only 1 Train?

Started by CafeFantasia, March 27, 2012, 10:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGRavenswood

Quote from: "Trekkie101"I wonder how much the train actually takes to keep in service for the extra hours...

Apart from fuel, water, electricity etc. I'd guess it would take almost double the staff (one group for the morning, one for the evening). According to some sources it's part of the trade-off for the longer park hours.
David G. Ravenswood
Host, Ravenswood Manor

Twitter | Facebook

"Without a doubt ... the most inclusive online experience of DLP Frontierland." –Jeff Burke

CafeFantasia

So basically, the park will be open until 10:30pm, but half of the attractions won't. Does anyone know precisely which attractions will be closing early? The Disneyland Railroad will; that's one.

Auroura86

whenever I'm there, the only station I ever see people getting on at is Main Street, then stay on for the entire way round. Which is probably why the queueline is so long. And with the other stations being so hidden away, people probably think it is the only one until they get to the first station and realise they could've gotten on there. We usually get on at the one nearest to where we are. Last year we went on it once and the nearest was Main Street. The year before we were on there daily from mainly Frontierland.  

And I should imagine with Dreams going on and the fireworks for that and everything it'll be Fantasyland that closes early
Where me keys? Where me phone?

Glstitch

I think it's normal that the trains stop ath 16:30 , otherwise all trains will have a 45 minutes delay because of the Parade.

dagobert

Quote from: "Alan"So basically, the park will be open until 10:30pm, but half of the attractions won't. Does anyone know precisely which attractions will be closing early? The Disneyland Railroad will; that's one.

I can imagine that The Nautilus will open later and close earlier. Captain EO will only open in summer with fewer shows and maybe some dark rides will open later and close earlier in the off seasons.

15MagicalYears

Although it isn't perfect, I suppose it's expected if we're going to be getting longer hours all year-round.

Patrick89

Quote from: "Alan"I wonder, which of the four Disneyland Railroad stations do most people get on at? Presumably Main Street is the most popular, and Frontierland is the least popular. Does anyone know?

I think both at Frontierland and Fantasyland station there aren't too many people getting on the trains as the stations are a bit hidden. Good for me, as Frontierland station is my favourite ;)

3 trains running at the same time at this small circuit? I always thought two would be the maximum...But I've seldom seen more than one train operating at the same time...
Secure all cargo, all passengers aboard!

---------------------------------------------

Bring back the moon!