Merchandise of 20 ans

Started by dreamdisney, March 23, 2012, 04:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagobert

Quote from: "15MagicalYears"I'm still so shocked at the lack (or complete absence) of Dreams! merchandise. Seriously, for a resort who could really do with every sale possible they sure do cut alot of corners when it comes to money making ideas. Just look at some of the merchandise that was introduced for WOC. They really thought of everything:

Unfortunately that's not the Disneyland Pars way. I don't understand either why DLRP doesn't use Dreams to generate more merchandise revenue. Recently DL Anaheim had a preview for Annual Passholders about the new merchandise for DCA 2.0. Micechat has a lot of pictures: http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-r ... eview.html

DLRP always complains that the guests don't spend enough in the parks. Who wonders when each shop offers the same generic merchandise. I'm sure Dreams would sell a lot of merchandise.

dagobert

Quote from: "PirateSteve"To be honest that's some of the most shocking merchandise I've ever and I'm glad DLP has nothing like that for dreams. It's like a horrific flashback to that time in the 80s and early 90s when people thought dayglow colours were cool *shudder*

Would be nice to have some decent dreams merchandise though - maybe that will come later.

I agree that it doesn't look that good, but you don't have to buy it when you don't like it. However there are enough people who buy that stuff and that generates more money. And what I've read on other Disney boards when WoC premiered, it sold well.

The new merchandise for DCA does also not look that appealing to me, but at least DL Anaheim has a huge range of merchandise. And that makes it easier to spend money. DLP really lacks some nice merchandise.

15MagicalYears

Quote from: "PirateSteve"To be honest that's some of the most shocking merchandise I've ever and I'm glad DLP has nothing like that for dreams. It's like a horrific flashback to that time in the 80s and early 90s when people thought dayglow colours were cool *shudder*

Would be nice to have some decent dreams merchandise though - maybe that will come later.

I'm not necessarily saying that it's the prettiest, but it matches their show themes of color. I'm just making the point that there is zero Disney Dreams! merchandise, which I'd be much more excited to buy rather than generic merchandise or merchandise with "20" plastered over it. They could totally play with the idea of color and light, even a shirt or hoodie with the logo would be enough for me.

Anthony

Quote from: "15MagicalYears"I'm not necessarily saying that it's the prettiest, but it matches their show themes of color. I'm just making the point that there is zero Disney Dreams! merchandise, which I'd be much more excited to buy rather than generic merchandise or merchandise with "20" plastered over it. They could totally play with the idea of color and light, even a shirt or hoodie with the logo would be enough for me.
Dreams-branded gloves and scarves would have been a huge seller at the weekend!

There's so much you could play on with that show. The whole theme of light and colour is MADE for merchandise, especially light-up things to be sold before the show, but there was nothing...zero. It's disappointing that Steve mentioned a while ago on Facebook that he was having a meeting with Merchandise about it, and nothing has apparently come of it.

I saw Captain Hook and Smee getting mobbed in Fantasyland, parents talking to their children about Peter Pan. That whole theme is absolutely huge at DLP right now, and there's no merchandise whatsoever to capitalise on it.

I'd also love to see a photo programme, like they made for Legend of the Lion King, with information and photos about the making of the show and a guide to each current scene. And of course, a full CD soundtrack or at the very least a release of the main "Second Star to the Right" theme and Cara Dillon's new song "Come Dream Your Dream".

I'm also surprised that the Disney Store website isn't selling the nice Retro collection, because you'd think that'd be exactly the kind of higher-price range that people would go to the trouble of buying online, not ugly travel mugs, beach towels and jigsaws!

gingajen

I've been waiting for the launch with great excitment ever since it was first mentioned. But I'm really disapointed. I love Disney-obviously- but these items are so gawdy, if that's the right word. I quite like the towel and the back pack would be useful. But the bag is very expensive in my opinion. I'll wait until I get to the park before I buy the towel. There isn't really anything else I would personally like. The photo frame would look nice in a childs bedroom, but I wouldn't display it in my living room. When I went last year, I bought a lovely wall clock that is understated but undeniably Disney, that lives on the wall on my landing- pride of place. I bought some lovely espresso cups that are really stylish. But the items just released seem to be aimed at children.
Obviously this is just my personal taste, I don't want to offend anyone. Others would probably find my taste boring  :D

Simba 27

There aren't new pictures of the merchandise of the 20th Anniversary?

Past trips:
Disneyland Paris: 2001-2005-2007

Disneyland California: 2006

Patrick89

Quote from: "15MagicalYears"I'm still so shocked at the lack (or complete absence) of Dreams! merchandise. Seriously, for a resort who could really do with every sale possible they sure do cut alot of corners when it comes to money making ideas. Just look at some of the merchandise that was introduced for WOC.

It's not only Dreams in my opinion. They could make so much more money by selling more attraction-related merchandise. For example the attraction posters or just some small souvenirs of famous rides like PoC, BTM or PM. Like with ToT for example. But no, all you get is movie related (PoC) or a T-shirt of the horrible DLP quality (BTM). Souvenirs closely related to the story of the attraction and the ride itself would be great, but I guess we won't ever see anything different than the common stuff.
Secure all cargo, all passengers aboard!

---------------------------------------------

Bring back the moon!

captain rocket

I could'nt agree more with you Patrick, I visit at least twice a year and always have a quick look in the shops, but never never find anything to spend my money on! When I visited in the early years I spent a small fortune on merchandise and still did'nt get everything I wanted! Perhaps the new World of Disney store will change things, but I'm not holding my breath! Why is everything the same in each land, are the mechandise department clueless? or are they constrained in some way? Why don't they bite the bullet and try something different in just one land and offer something different like the attraction posters or attraction specific, quality merchandise as an experiment? Hopefully someone in authority may read these posts and make a real name for themselves at DLRP by suggesting our ideas?

Malin

I am very upset to understand that the one item of interest to me in regards to 20th Anniversary merchandise has sold out. No more 20th Anniversary Duffy  :(

dagobert

Compared to the merchandise of the 15th Anniversary, this year's offerings are very disappointing. From the merchandise pictures I've seen on several Disney fansites, I'm only interested in the wine, the pin and the book. That's it. So Disney isn't making a lot of money with me this year.

Sparkchild

On one of the links above there is a picture of a 20th Ann. Gold coin that looks like it is in a vending machine of sorts. Has anyone seen this and know what it costs. It looks very interesting.

_Natalie_x

Hello SparkChild :) The gold coin you are refering to is part of the "monnaie de paris" set, (8 to collect). There is a coin for 2012 and that new one for the 20th anniversary on the picture you have seen. They can be bought in the little money vending machines around the disney village, and also in the Disney Store. 2 euros each just like the other coins in the collection. :)
there are also some 20th anniversary gold coins which are abit bigger.. but i dont think it'll last as long in your wallet as its made of chocolate. ;) loll :D
after looking at the pictures above, there is also a light up balloon now for the 20th just like those ones for world of color. They look real beautiful at night!! Not too sure on the price but normal balloons are 7.50 so i'd say around 12. :)
xx
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

Sparkchild

Thank you for the information. Those coins looked like a good thing for me to grab because they will easily fit in my luggage and I can use them in my scrapbook. You said there are eight coins, one for each year? Or are they themed other than 2012 and 20th Ann.? Maybe characters? How about pressed penny machines? do they have those at DLRP?

CafeFantasia

Check out this fan-made Disney Dreams! postcard I found on Flickr:

captain rocket

It really is amazing how clueless the mechandise dept seem to be, people WANT to buy keepsake mementos both expensive and cheap. I have a particular interest in the Disneyland Railroad and would love a book about it, taking you behind the scenes and giving an insight into this department, I doubt if this would ever happen! Nice postcard Alan!