Merchandise of 20 ans

Started by dreamdisney, March 23, 2012, 04:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

15MagicalYears

I totally agree that the merchandising department are clueless, the merchandise on offer is so lazy. Personally I'm not even sure I know what the perfect piece of merchandise for me is, but I just know it's nothing that's currently available.

captain rocket

Well there's the point, if you don't know what you want, the goods on offer should be different shop to shop to encourage you to look around and find it and spend! It just seems like a basic premise for selling to me! Unfortunatley, I am not an expert like those people in the merchandising dept!

CafeFantasia

I'd like it if you could buy Disneyland Railroad engineer hats in Disneyland Park, just like these:

Anthony

Quote from: "captain rocket"It really is amazing how clueless the mechandise dept seem to be, people WANT to buy keepsake mementos both expensive and cheap. I have a particular interest in the Disneyland Railroad and would love a book about it, taking you behind the scenes and giving an insight into this department, I doubt if this would ever happen! Nice postcard Alan!
That would be an awesome! "The Railroads of Disney Parks"... I'd pre-order it now.

mickeyspal

Quote from: "captain rocket"Well there's the point, if you don't know what you want, the goods on offer should be different shop to shop to encourage you to look around and find it and spend! It just seems like a basic premise for selling to me! Unfortunatley, I am not an expert like those people in the merchandising dept!
In the early days the shops all sold different merchandise;  which meant you visited most of them picking up items from each, or had to remember which shop you saw an item which you should have purchased when you first saw it. Nowadays the shops are all the same, but I'll still buy whats on offer. :)  :)
1993 + 2005 - Hotel Cheyenne
1995 - Walt Disney World Florida
1997 - Hotel New York
1998 - Hotel Santa Fe
2000 + 2006 + 2012 + 2014 - Sequoia Lodge
2002 + 2004 +  2009 - Newport Bay
2007 + 2015 - Hong Kong Disney
2007 - DLP (1 day visit)
2017 - Disneyland Hotel - Cinderella Suite
2018 - Disney Cruise- Mediterranean
2019 - Disneyland Hotel
2020 - Disney Merrytime Cruise - Caribbean

_Natalie_x

QuoteYou said there are eight coins, one for each year? Or are they themed other than 2012 and 20th Ann.? Maybe characters? How about pressed penny machines? do they have those at DLRP?

The 8 coins are Mickey, Minnie, Goofy as Indiana Jones, Pirates of the Caribbean, Cars, 2010, 20th Ann and Buzz Lightyear. They are really sweet actually and great keepsakes, also a cheap gift for someone at home but its still really special!
Im not sure about those penny machines, is that where you put in like a coin and it presses a design onto it?? To be honest I think the 'Monnaie de Paris' is their alternative to those machines, and there are distributers around the village and maybe park. :)
I may be wrong though but I just dont think ive ever seen any!!
x
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

esmeralda

I think the retro merchandises are really pretty!!! Can't wait to spend a lot of money on them!!!
But concerning merchandise in the past- i definitely miss the land specific items! I totally agree with mickeyspal.
Julia

Patrick89

Quote from: "mickeyspal"In the early days the shops all sold different merchandise;  which meant you visited most of them picking up items from each, or had to remember which shop you saw an item which you should have purchased when you first saw it. Nowadays the shops are all the same, but I'll still buy whats on offer. :)  :)

I still remember me making lists and trying to keep in mind all the merchandise I've seen and liked in the different shops. And in the end, you had to make your decision: Which souvenirs do you buy? I hated this situation, because I had so many favourites :D Today, I primarily go into the shops of Disneyland Park because most of them are themed very well - their offerings wouldn't be worth it, as they all offer the same. In the Studios, I seldom go into any shop, as it feels like a factory building there...
Secure all cargo, all passengers aboard!

---------------------------------------------

Bring back the moon!

Riebi

has someone a "price list" or something else?

I read somewhere the price of the book but what about the "retro collection" and here the plates and cups. would be a great breakfast dish for me.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

esmeralda

The Retro Collection is now available at www.disneystore.fr. I absolutely LOVE it!!! There will be also a Dooney & Bourke bag with the same design soon :-)) Can't wait to spend a lot of money on those things!!!
Julia

Riebi

Thank you for the link! :D

Have you bought some items from disneystore france earlier?

esmeralda

No actually not. I'm from Germany anyways ;-) But i like to have a look at all Disney merchandise around the world!
I'm going to Dlp as every summer, so i will buy the plates- for example - as I'm there. Probably at Lillie's Boutique ;-)
Julia

Riebi

:D I was just thinking about having them safe at home  :lol:

esmeralda

Ah Ok :-D We are going by car .So it's easy to take a lot of stuff with us home savely! Let me know if you order something! :-)
Julia

dagobert

Too bad that the German Disney Store doesn't offer the retro collection.