Second new attraction in 2014 - denied by Disney

Started by Josh, March 14, 2012, 01:11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ed-uk

The 3rd park isn't shown on the map so it's hard to say. I thought it was going to be built on land over the road from NPB Club, but as EuroDisney haven't decided to build a 3rd park yet, maybe it doesn't matter?  Lava Lagoon, the water park, I don't know if that will ever happen or where it would have gone for sure.
Ed & David

Lorum

The largest Disney Resorts expansions in terms of 'enough space' could be Walt Disney World, Shanghai Disneyland and Disneyland Paris.

Tokyo Disney Resort is completely saturated, as well as Disneyland Resort.

Walt Disney World:
· Enough space even if they want to double the number of parks.

Hong Kong Disneyland:
· One more park
· Having six hotels at the most.

Shanghai Disneyland:
· No mention. It's going to be huge.

Disneyland Paris:
There's enough space to build at least 4 more Disneyland Parks, apart from the area designated for Val d'Europe expansion.

· Disneyland Park Expansions: Adventureland/Frontierland, Fantasyland and Discoveryland (if they wanted to).
· New land for Walt Disney Studios.
· Two more theme parks.
· One water park.
· Disney Village expansion, including a Cirque du Soleil resident show.
· Two Disney Hotels or more.
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

ed-uk

Disney did talk about the possibility of a third park at Disneyland in California, but it was put on hold after DCA opened and under performed.
Ed & David

dagobert

Quote from: "Lorum"The largest Disney Resorts expansions in terms of 'enough space' could be Walt Disney World, Shanghai Disneyland and Disneyland Paris.

Tokyo Disney Resort is completely saturated, as well as Disneyland Resort.

Walt Disney World:
· Enough space even if they want to double the number of parks.

Hong Kong Disneyland:
· One more park
· Having six hotels at the most.

Shanghai Disneyland:
· No mention. It's going to be huge.

Disneyland Paris:
There's enough space to build at least 4 more Disneyland Parks, apart from the area designated for Val d'Europe expansion.

· Disneyland Park Expansions: Adventureland/Frontierland, Fantasyland and Discoveryland (if they wanted to).
· New land for Walt Disney Studios.
· Two more theme parks.
· One water park.
· Disney Village expansion, including a Cirque du Soleil resident show.
· Two Disney Hotels or more.

A few years ago TWDC purchased a strawberry farm near the resort and that offers enouh space for a third park.

Tokyo could do a landfill. If I'm not mistaken, the current resort is also built on reclaimed land. If a company would do such a thing to increase the resort, then I'm pretty sure it would be OLC.

The same goes for Hong Kong. A landfill is always possible, but not very likely since the second park will not be built in the next ten years.

I also don't think WDW is going to build a fifth park in the near future. Currently they can barely maintain the current four parks, like Kevin Yee from MiceChat shows every few weeks. It's better to invest in the current parks, like they do now. EPCOT needs something new and DHS and DAK should be expanded first.

With the current attendance numbers and the financial background, I don't think we will see a third park in the next ten years. I guess ED SCA knows that and that's why they expanded the agreement with the French government until 2030. That gives Disney more time for the third park. Until then TWDC has got a new CEO and maybe ED SCA as well. And these new CEOs may have another interest in what's going to happen. If they are going to build a third park, I think they will use the space opposite the NPBC.

Meph mentioned the Lava Lagoon Waterpark a few posts above. In my opinion that water park is dead, especially since Disney is doing the joint venture project Villages Nature and that includes a water park or something similar.

ed-uk

i think that the land fill for a second park at Hong Kong Disneyland has already been done?
Ed & David

dagobert

Yes that has already been done, I meant if they want to expand beyond a second park.

Lorum

I said in terms of "enough space", not in terms of financial results. I was not predicting anything. I'm talking about areas, not possibilities.

never2old

Mouetto over at DCP has had the confirmation from DLP, there was a mistake in the interview transcript... It's only ONE new ride for WDS in 2014 :(

dagobert

Quote from: "Lorum"I said in terms of "enough space", not in terms of financial results. I was not predicting anything. I'm talking about areas, not possibilities.

I know.  :)  You made it clear in your post, but I just wanted to go a step further. I wanted to show that no land doesn't mean that expansion isn't possible, while a lot of land doesn't mean that there will be an expansion.

dagobert

Quote from: "never2old"Mouetto over at DCP has had the confirmation from DLP, there was a mistake in the interview transcript... It's only ONE new ride for WDS in 2014 :(

Honestly I'm not disappointed, because who knows what the small ride could have been. In my opinion there are enough small rides in the park. WDSP needs a crowd eater, like a dark ride. At least we get Ratatouille. And hopefully the proposed table service restaurant!

Lorum

Well, let's organize the forum. If you want to, we could keep on talking about the attractions here, and expansions in the WDS Masterplan thread.

WDS Masterplan //http://www.magicforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12458

And WDS needs this kind of attractions.
[youtube:22mp57ao]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKrVBVaobKc[/youtube:22mp57ao]
[youtube:22mp57ao]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiI02rr6-oI[/youtube:22mp57ao]

Adam

I assume the hotels being referred to are the new ones in Bailly-Romainvilliers/Serris/Val D'Europe as previously announced (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12456) rather than the new Disney hotels near Disney Village.

Anthony

Quote from: "ed-uk"The 3rd park isn't shown on the map so it's hard to say. I thought it was going to be built on land over the road from NPB Club, but as EuroDisney haven't decided to build a 3rd park yet, maybe it doesn't matter?  Lava Lagoon, the water park, I don't know if that will ever happen or where it would have gone for sure.
Lava Lagoon would have been in the smaller space between Avenue Robert Schuman and Boulevard du Parc, while the 3rd park would have been in the larger gap between Boulevard du Parc and Boulevard de l'Europe (Boulevard Circulaire).

Quote from: "Lorum"Well, let's organize the forum. If you want to, we could keep on talking about the attractions here, and expansions in the WDS Masterplan thread.
We also have the Home Imagineering board for members' own suggestions and masterplans!

ed-uk

Thanks, just to point me in the right direction, is that on the NPB Club side of the resort?
Ed & David

Lorum

The proof that Euro Disney reads our forums. Disney denies the second attraction and says there was an interview mistake.