20th | 12th April 2012

Started by dagobert, March 12, 2012, 05:04:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Becksy

I was there, but because we just had day admission tickets, we were all shut back behind the gates, so couldnt see anything, just hear it! I heard the planes but had no idea that was what they were doing! Wish we could have seen it now!

Simba 27

It was not open for every guest?
In my opinon, the two planes created a sort of Mickey's Ears instead of the number 20....

Past trips:
Disneyland Paris: 2001-2005-2007

Disneyland California: 2006

Becksy

No, we were kept back behind the gates util 10.00am - kind of frustrating as you could see something was going on, and could hear it, but that was all. Shame really. When they did open the gates it was all finishing and everyone moving off, but we were ushered down the arcade to the side of main street.

15MagicalYears

Personally I thought the Flash-mob was an amazing idea, when I first heard of it I sort of rolled my eyes. But wow, it was spectacular! Got me a bit emotional, to be honest.

Josh

Quote from: "Becksy"No, we were kept back behind the gates util 10.00am - kind of frustrating as you could see something was going on, and could hear it, but that was all. Shame really. When they did open the gates it was all finishing and everyone moving off, but we were ushered down the arcade to the side of main street.
I was in the same situation, but we were hotel guests. I found out the next day, during our guided tour, why it happened. Town Square was only designed to contain about 2000 people, so they only let that amount of people in. I wanted to arrive early, as well, but I was held up, because I wanted to buy the 20th anniversary t-shirt from our hotel's shop, and we went to Earl of Sandwich to get breakfast. XD

When we finally got in, the opening ceremony was just ending, and everyone coming in was being directed through the arcades. When I got to the end of the Discovery Arcade, the flashmob was underway, and we saw everyone walking through it. We felt quite left out. :(
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Glstitch

I was standing on Town Squere and they counted the people who where entering , not long after us they closed the line and no one could get in. But we also didin't see the flashmob (exept on huge screens). The planes were incredible right above us ! that really gave us a wow-feeling !
I've got everything on video , to begin with : Main Street USA Celebrates !

[youtube:12zbwf5o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxaB7S5_Tzs[/youtube:12zbwf5o]

More videos coming soon ;)

Anthony

It was strange how they let people into the ceremony. After going through security (with only the WDS gate open, perhaps to avoid the small group of strikers) and then walking back around to DLP, there was a short queue and we were just asked at the barrier "for the ceremony?" and then let through. It seemed like some people were being turned back, but I don't know what their situation was. That was about 8.55am.

Anyway, here's a whole 22 minutes of video from the ceremony and flashmob, including the walk along the carpet:

[youtube:r975sy8x]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlD3Py7-Vks[/youtube:r975sy8x]
We do have an awesome team of Cast Members at Disneyland Paris.

If you're a CM or a guest and you spot yourself in there, let me know! :)

captain rocket

I really liked the idea of each land celebrates, but the "show" area in Adventureland (Colonel Hathi's) and Fantasyland (by the sword ceremony behind the castle) were totally unsuitable for the number of people who wanted to watch and was a shambles in my mind. And once again we had a perfectly usable stage (Castle stage) unused throughout the day!

Glstitch

Quote from: "captain rocket"I really liked the idea of each land celebrates, but the "show" area in Adventureland (Colonel Hathi's) and Fantasyland (by the sword ceremony behind the castle) were totally unsuitable for the number of people who wanted to watch and was a shambles in my mind. And once again we had a perfectly usable stage (Castle stage) unused throughout the day!

I agree with you on the Adventurland part but I didn't have te feeling there was a problem with Fantasyland. Due Main Street USA Celebrates ! changed , during its first preformance the place where the dancers came was smaller and the characters past by almost all the guest , just before the second one everyone needed to back up at least 5 meter and nobody could take decent pictures or had a chance of seeing the characters upclose...

Some more videos ,

Tony Baxter Uncutted

[youtube:3alhfukc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjNWV7fWwr8[/youtube:3alhfukc]

Frontierland Celebrates !

[youtube:3alhfukc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jhgt-aHhUnc[/youtube:3alhfukc]

Anthony

Quote from: "Glstitch"
Quote from: "captain rocket"I really liked the idea of each land celebrates, but the "show" area in Adventureland (Colonel Hathi's) and Fantasyland (by the sword ceremony behind the castle) were totally unsuitable for the number of people who wanted to watch and was a shambles in my mind. And once again we had a perfectly usable stage (Castle stage) unused throughout the day!

I agree with you on the Adventurland part but I didn't have te feeling there was a problem with Fantasyland.
It was a shame because the Adventureland show could have been fantastic. The characters mixed with the great live singers reminded me of Minnie's Fly Girls at DCA. If only there was a more practical place for it to be performed, I'd love that to be a permanent bit of streetmosphere. But on the day, it was impossible to watch unless you'd arrived well over half an hour in advance. It created a terrible bottleneck with people trying to get past to Indy.

Fantasyland Celebrates was the weakest show in my opinion (though we missed Discoveryland), despite having all seven dwarfs and the live fanfare band. All the banners and hanging baskets, lovely as they looked, completely blocked the view. As did a group of "VIPs" who suddenly arrived before the show and were given a roped-off area at the front.

I heard the character events were actually something to do with Prince Alwaleed visiting the park, is that true? It was a bit annoying to have this rather bored looking group standing there in their expensive sunglasses, also blocking the view for a woman in wheelchair in front of me who had been on the front row (and ended up leaving a few minutes into the show). So much for this being a day for the fans...

Frontierland was brilliant, awesome live band, characters and dancers. Would love that event the return in future. Again I was amazed by the size of the audience, filling out the entire area in front of Cowboy Cookout.

Main Street was basically the old Mary Poppins show with new costumes and the (unfortunately nails-on-a-blackboard) arrival of Duffy's French voice. Please let that be a one-off.

One thing that really stood out were the simple, fitting decorations and banners for each show. After years of tack (particularly with Halloween), DLP has finally proved that it can do things tastefully and in tune with the lands.

Now, how many people here actually managed to get the limited 12th April pin?

DLP-Photos.com

Quote from: "Anthony"Now, how many people here actually managed to get the limited 12th April pin?

Yeah, I read about a lot of problems with it and stuff, so would be fun to hear. I actually wanted to buy it off eBay, but after hearing the problems for the people who had been there, I don't really want to buy it anymore. Considering the people who were seen leaving with 5-6 pins are probably the ones spinning gold on them right now. They should have limited the sale to one shop and then one pin per ticket.
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

Glstitch

The events were organised and payed by the prince , besides the flashmob. Discoveryland Celebrates was quite nice aswell it's my number two of the day.

captain rocket

I don't agree that Fantasyland was not a problem, we had a very poor view at the show we attended at 1600 and we were surrounded by parents complaining about the small viewing area. I saw the show in Discoveryland in the morning (12.00) and I enjoyed it but you will see in the photo below that Angel was holding her eye and left the show shortly afterwards, was this a strange part of the show? Or had she actually been hurt I wonder?

Glstitch

Quote from: captain rocketI don't agree that Fantasyland was not a problem, we had a very poor view at the show we attended at 1600 and we were surrounded by parents complaining about the small viewing area. I saw the show in Discoveryland in the morning (12.00) and I enjoyed it but you will see in the photo below that Angel was holding her eye and left the show shortly afterwards, was this a strange part of the show? Or had she actually been hurt I wonder?
QuoteI've seen Discoveryland Celebrates twice and Angel was actually hurt but she was back the next show , videos wednesday.

Handy Andy

Quote from: "Anthony"It was strange how they let people into the ceremony. After going through security (with only the WDS gate open, perhaps to avoid the small group of strikers) and then walking back around to DLP, there was a short queue and we were just asked at the barrier "for the ceremony?" and then let through. It seemed like some people were being turned back, but I don't know what their situation was. That was about 8.55am.

Anyway, here's a whole 22 minutes of video from the ceremony and flashmob, including the walk along the carpet:

[youtube:3kspou33]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlD3Py7-Vks[/youtube:3kspou33]
We do have an awesome team of Cast Members at Disneyland Paris.

If you're a CM or a guest and you spot yourself in there, let me know! :)

@ 13:45  I'm the one with the backpack.  :thumbs:
Magical Wishes
Andy