[HKDL] it's a small world (2008)

Started by The Butlin Boy, December 15, 2006, 09:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maarten

Quote from: "disneyreporter"

Lilo and Stitch

Is THAT supposed to be Stitch?! Horrible. Now I understand why the riots at several Americans discussion boards have begun. Hopefully Paris' Its A Small World will stay as it is.

Remco K.

Quote from: "Maarten"Is THAT supposed to be Stitch?! Horrible. Now I understand why the riots at several Americans discussion boards have begun. Hopefully Paris' Its A Small World will stay as it is.
That's what I thought at first as well... But take a second look at it. Most Disney-characters will just be dressed "It's a Small World" dolls. Stitch is made a bit abstract to match the attraction's style. If Stitch is the only character that will be threatened with this style, I'll be pretty much 'Okay' with all this.

Malin

Most of the users on the American sites were against this idea without seeing the concept art. I'm actually looking forward to the new version and will be in Hong Kong during May to expereince this for the first time. Should be fun.

penfold12

The thing is (and we are all guilty of it at times) the internet forums cam be full of negative feedback before anything has been released or actioned. I have read open letters from the daughter of the artist of the original ride, and then reply after reply from disney fans, all slating this project and acting if the attraction is sacred.

Firstly, the changes are totaly in keeping with the original concept. The character being added are, on the whole, IASW dolls dressed in the character costumes.

Secondly, we are now living in the 21st Century. While this ride appeals to me because of its history to the Walt Disney Company and Disneyland, that connection is of no importance to little boys and girls accross the world today. The Disney Parks are not museums, so keeping them relevent and interesting for today is important and vital.

Finally, on a personal level, I think these additions look cool, I cant wait for them to reach DLRP......

Anthony

Quote from: "disneyreporter"their characterization plan.
I like that we've even got a word for this now.  :lol:

Are these the final dolls? Stitch does indeed look a little weird, but I think it's actually really quite respectful to the original attraction that the characters all appear in the same style as the famous dolls.

It's not that bad, they're not adding Hannah Montana or Zac Efron. Apart from serial offender Stitch, most of the characters come from stories that have existed for centuries before Disney put them into animation.

Parkfisch

It's funny how every entrance area is different. This outside building can be found in California and Tokyo too, but in Tokyo you have to walk inside the building to board the boats in a big hall and there's no train going by and in California the train goes between the wall and the boarding area, just like it's realized in Paris, but in Paris there's a different style of the wall and unlike California there's a roof above the outside parts. In Florida there's a completely different entrance and no train going through or near the attraction.

Maarten

Quote from: "Parkfisch"It's funny how every entrance area is different. This outside building can be found in California and Tokyo too, but in Tokyo you have to walk inside the building to board the boats in a big hall and there's no train going by and in California the train goes between the wall and the boarding area, just like it's realized in Paris, but in Paris there's a different style of the wall and unlike California there's a roof above the outside parts. In Florida there's a completely different entrance and no train going through or near the attraction.

I suppose the entrance of Hong Kong's version will be similar to Tokyo's Its A Small World?

SMCD

Disneytheque has some new photos from the attraction interior. I think the Stitch doll look better with the right context, also, I love the Hong Kong scene.

//http://www.disneytheque.com/index.php?/archives/55-Its-a-Small-World-arrive....html

Malin

The attraction will officially open on April 28th and the attraction now has a website up dedicated to the new attraction. Only 31 days to go people http://park.hongkongdisneyland.com/hkdl ... lworldPage

I will be in Hong Kong during May and can't wait to ride this new updated version of IASW. :D

Kristof

From their website:

QuoteDon't miss the lively toy parade as it emerges from the clock tower, the centerpiece of the façade, every 15 minutes.  Look out for the newly added Chinese Opera Character toy that is unique to Hong Kong Disneyland!

Somehow that sounds so sad.  Their marketing office must be going crazy by now.

Riebi

After seeing this new pics on disneytheque:

http://www.disneytheque.com/index.php?/ ... ve....html

I must say: I don´t like it much. seesaw changes I know. But first I was thinking it isn´t very evil, bad, sad to have some well designed disney characters inside IASM. But this version in Hong Kong doesn´t look like IASM. It seems more like just another disney dark ride to compense the missing fantasyland attractions.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Kristof

I don't know, the Disney characters don't look that bad, but there's something else that makes these photos look so wrong.  Do our scenes have more dolls in them?  Or am I dreaming?

Malin

This version will have over 200 dolls, how many does the Paris version have. I read on that WikiPedia site that the DL version has 400 which surely can't be right, or that will make the HK attraction missing almost half the dolls. But hey it is only about half the size of the original park to begin with!

Riebi

Yes I think so! It seems that they have reduced the other dolls to keep the Disney characters in eye. And the backgrounds are more inspired from diffrent disney movies like aladdin or cinderella.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

RnRCj

Is it just me, or does in seem really dark in those pictures compared to the DLRP it's a small world? :?