Disney Magic on Parade!

Started by Poppy The Monkey, September 24, 2011, 09:56:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poppy The Monkey

I quite enjoy all this speculation and guessing, its fun - so I won't ruin the games... BUT... I will confirm/Deny a couple of little rumours...

"Dreams" - A magical immersive nighttime specatacular" will be indeed the name of the new nighttime show.

It will include at least one live performer - either Mickey or Peter Pan, not decided yet!

The whole stage will be removed, a large fountain will be placed in the centre used just for the show. Work on the hub at the moment is to lay new pipes for the fountains.

The Once Upon a Dream Parade will be re-named "Disney's Magic on Parade" - it will have totally new music (one track with small variations for each float), there will be small changes to each float, and BIG changes to the Imaginations float (think fairies) and the big princess float (think Fab 5, and Sorcerer Mickey on a mountain  <!-- s;) --> ;) <!-- s;) --> ) also say goodbye to the Power float.

Okay, I've given away far too much already....  <!-- s:twisted: -->:twisted:<!-- s:twisted: -->

xceemora

Will they add something new to Disney Once Upon A Dream Parade for Disneyland Paris Resort 20th Anniversary?

Josh

I know they'll be adding Duffy the Disney Bear to the parade, but that's all, I think.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

lubynoo

There have been rumours that they are changing the parade next year for the 20th anniversary adding the fairies etc I think it i in the 20th anniversary thread.

by Poppy The Monkey ยป Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:56 pm

"The Once Upon a Dream Parade will be re-named "Disney's Magic on Parade" - it will have totally new music (one track with small variations for each float), there will be small changes to each float, and BIG changes to the Imaginations float (think fairies) and the big princess float (think Fab 5, and Sorcerer Mickey on a mountain   ) also say goodbye to the Power float.

Okay, I've given away far too much already....  "

Other sources have confirmed something is changing in the parade but not to what extent although character central said they had this ^^^^ confirmed from other sources too so it was a likely rumour.

xceemora

Can wait to see the new things for the Disney One Upon A Dream Parade. :D

wishuponastar

When it says fairies, does this mean over-sized tinkerbelle or the three fairies, fairy godmother, etc?

peter

There are a lot of fairies to choose from

lubynoo

Dont quote me but I'm sure someone said it would be the Aurora fairies as apposed to the new tink franchise.

15MagicalYears

Yes, I also read that it was the classic fairies (3 fairies, Fairy Godmother & The Blue Fairy)

wishuponastar

Phew! If it was tink, I would NOT be happy

Lorum

And some questions here, too.

What kind of music do you think Disney is going to mix for the 'new' Magic on Parade? Something like a music loop? (No, please!) Or something like Mickey's Soundsational Parade?

Do you like that name? Don't you think it is old-fashioned? "Magic on Parade", it sounds like they had just opened a new park in China. It sounds like they are introducing the Disney parks' style for the first time in Europe. They're trying to show that Disney is about 'Magic' and that they make parades every day. We already know that.

I would rename it as "Disney's Dreams Come True Parade".
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

minnieme

So no more "Just like we dreamed it" music ? Oh no...I love this song. Didnt like the show stops, took too long and one of the "puppets" on the pinocchio bit kept huffing and puffing as she bobbed up and down, which we couldn stop looking at or laughing at - wasnt really in the spirit of it all.

April 2011 & June 2012 Hotel New York
May 2013 Disneyland Hotel
Aug 2014 Disney Magic Med cruise
Aug 2014 Disneyland Hotel
May 2015 Disneyland Hotel

Lorum

I've found this on the Spring/Summer 2012 brochure.

They are announcing the Disney Magic on Parade with a Mickey's Soundsational Parade picture. This leads me to think that we'll have some Soundsational floats style and music.

:-" It's a "magic" celebration. Come on, come on, come on.

dagobert

Did you notice that this picture was taken from Disneyland Anaheim. You can clearly see the Matterhorn.

Lorum

Sure. The Mickey's Soundsational Parade is right there, in Anaheim. I've said "They are announcing the Disney Magic on Parade with a Mickey's Soundsational Parade picture."