Indiana Jones et le temple de peril

Started by Sully, December 02, 2011, 01:43:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indiana Jones, forwards or backwards?  Which is best?

Forwards
11 (73.3%)
Backwards
3 (20%)
No preference
1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: December 02, 2011, 01:43:11 AM

Sully

I went to EuroDisney in 1993 and remember riding on Indiana Jones.  One of my favourite features was the way that it made you feel like your head was about to be chopped off my low beams etc, before dipping underneath them.

I went back about 8 years ago and rode it again, although my then it was running in reverse.

Visited the park for the first time since last week and was surprised to see that it was now running forwards again, although the "head-chopper" illusion seems to have gone.

Anyone else noticed this?  Is it just because I'm psychologically accustomed to it now, or did this effect get lost during the minor conversions of the track to make the ride run in reverse (I know they had to modify a few dips and curves when the turned the cars backwards, did they ever replace the originals when the switched them forwards again?)

BadKid

I'd prefer it to be forwards- that way, you can prepare yourself for the drops/sharp turns and the loop.
"You laugh at me because I\'m different. I laugh at you because you\'re all the same."
-Lady Gaga?

(icon from Formspring)

captain rocket

Never did like it backwards!

CafeFantasia

I agree, it is much better forwards. That's not saying much though because even forwards, it's still a crap ride. Disney can do MUCH better, and much less painful too!

MissDisneyisMagical

i like it forwards but then again ive never been on it any other way and i am a bit of a wuss when it comes to rides and Indiana is one of my faves!
<center><embed src="http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/show.swf?message=Kirsty&font=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/fonts/plainn_lib.swf&glitter=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/glitters/glitter78.swf&clickURL=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/&type=0&clickLABEL=Glitter Text Maker&flashLABEL=Satisfaction.com&bevel=0&shadow=1&glow=1&blur=0&fade=0&blink=0&gb=2&ga=0.6&gi=0&gc=16210663&bb=2&bc=0&sb=7&sa=0.7&si=0&sc=0&blb=7&ls=0&fontsize=60&num=78" quality="best" wmode="

BadKid

What's it like backwards? Cos I've only been on it when its forwards?
"You laugh at me because I\'m different. I laugh at you because you\'re all the same."
-Lady Gaga?

(icon from Formspring)

davewasbaloo

I preferred it when it was running backwards, it at least was unique then. Now, unless it is dark, it is a pointless ride.
since 2001 (many before that)

Sully

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"I preferred it when it was running backwards, it at least was unique then. Now, unless it is dark, it is a pointless ride.

Very true as I was lucky enough to find out last week.

Was there Monday to Friday and each day we went to explore Adventure and Frontierland as it was getting dark.  Sooo much more atmosphere (particularly when walking around the queuing areas.

Went back to Indiana on Friday morning to have a last go before we left and it just wasn't the same.  I still like the ride, but seem to remember it being better before the backwards/forwards again switches.

davewasbaloo

At night, the lighting does make it look like the scenes in Raiders of the Lost Ark, that is cool!
since 2001 (many before that)

Patrick89

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"At night, the lighting does make it look like the scenes in Raiders of the Lost Ark, that is cool!

That's true. The fire-effects create a really cool atmosphere there. Unfortunately, this year it was closed when we've been there and the years before the ride always closed at 6 pm, so there was no chance to enjoy it in darkness...
Secure all cargo, all passengers aboard!

---------------------------------------------

Bring back the moon!

sebassah

Loved it backwards but however the "Show" is so much better in forward mode. I remember that during its "back" fase the only thing they changed to the scenery was that they hid some 'badshow' elements that you would be able to see (such as cables etc.).

No when I go to DLRP I only do Indy when its night and the Temple du Peril has that amazing atmosphere.