20th | Meet Mickey Mouse — Now Open!

Started by Donald-Duck-Malta, July 27, 2011, 12:26:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulak

Quote from: "Anthony"Now reportedly due to open 17th May 2012:

Quote'Meet Mickey Mouse' unveils new colours, but won't meet 20th Anniversary launch date

"Everything neat and pretty?" Well, not quite. Although some of the wraps came down from Fantasy Festival Stage last week, revealing the former show venue's new colour palette, it is emerging that its new purpose as a permanent Mickey Mouse meet 'n' greet won't begin right at the launch of the 20th Anniversary as expected. Instead, according to @InsideDLParis, Mickey will don his magician's cape ready for an opening on 17th May 2012. This is unconfirmed, publicly, by Disneyland Paris.
http://www.dlrptoday.com/2012/02/09/mee ... unch-date/
I really hope for  date on 17th May is final (for my trip :( )  [-o<
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

dazzle_v2003

There might be some soft openings before the official opening date.
It's very disappointing that it has got behind schedule as this is one of the big new attractions for the anniversary. Anybody have ideas as to why it has got behind schedule? I would understand if it was outside because of the weather etc but it is all inside. The only reason I can think of is there is so much work left to do for Dreams so that is ready on time WDI have decided to concentrate on that and move all their workforce onto that as we know WDI are responsible for both.

smurfy74

any update on this - im going on the 16th april and was hoping it would be open

Anthony

The latest date we have is 17th May for an opening.

But until then, it seems to be expected that Mickey will move to a new meet 'n' greet spot at Woody's Roundup Village in Frontierland, as a temporary solution.

littlemermaid83

Does anyone know if we will get to meet Minnie aswell as Mickey?
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Glstitch

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"Does anyone know if we will get to meet Minnie aswell as Mickey?

From what I've heared it would only be Mickey.

15MagicalYears

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"Does anyone know if we will get to meet Minnie aswell as Mickey?

In WDW Minnie meets guests along with Mickey in the new Meet & Greet area, though with DLPs budget I can imagine it'll be Mickey only for us.

Mickey & Minnie in Town Square theatre, WDW.

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "15MagicalYears"

In WDW Minnie meets guests along with Mickey in the new Meet & Greet area, though with DLPs budget I can imagine it'll be Mickey only for us.

Mickey & Minnie in Town Square theatre, WDW.

I was hoping different for once, oh well. Would of been nice to meet Minnie aswell.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

ilovedisneylandparis

Can I ask a possibly silly question - are the white hand-shaped things Mickey's hands or Mickey's gloves? I must admit I always just thought they were his hands so it was quite creepy and illusion-shattering to see spare pairs of them in his magician-case-thing with his hat, haha! Now I am confused...are they his gloves? 'Cause Minnie wears them too and I always just thought they had white hands but it would make sense if they were gloves I suppose  :oops:

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "geekyjo"Can I ask a possibly silly question - are the white hand-shaped things Mickey's hands or Mickey's gloves? I must admit I always just thought they were his hands so it was quite creepy and illusion-shattering to see spare pairs of them in his magician-case-thing with his hat, haha! Now I am confused...are they his gloves? 'Cause Minnie wears them too and I always just thought they had white hands but it would make sense if they were gloves I suppose  :oops:

I always assumed they was his hands too.

Anthony

"In the film The Opry House (1929), Mickey was given his white gloves which were a simple way of contrasting his naturally black hands against his black body."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mickey_Mouse#Design :)

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "Anthony""In the film The Opry House (1929), Mickey was given his white gloves which were a simple way of contrasting his naturally black hands against his black body."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mickey_Mouse#Design :)

Thanks Anthony! You learn something new everyday  :thumbs:

ilovedisneylandparis

Thank you very much! Good to know :D

Aurora1

Never reall< thougt about Mickeys "hands" or "gloves". But reading Anthony`s post... Didn`t Mickey have black hands in "Steamboat Willy"? I don`t have that on tape. Maybe should check it on youtube or so.
Aurora1

Anthony

It looks like he was gloveless in his first four shorts: Plane Crazy, The Gallopin' Gaucho, Steamboat Willie and The Barn Dance. Although the poster for that last one already had him wearing the gloves...