20th | Meet Mickey Mouse — Now Open!

Started by Donald-Duck-Malta, July 27, 2011, 12:26:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Din97

Cant wait to go and visit this it looks quite amazing!
1994 ~ New York Hotel
2004 ~ Hotel Santa Fe
2006 ~ Hotel Santa Fe
2012 ~ Dream Castle Hotel
2013 ~ Magic Circus Hotel
2014 ~ Magic Circus Hotel
2015 ~ Dream Castle Hotel

JelleP

I like the "Hippo/Gator Ballet" on the Rehearsal Schedule :)
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

Columbiad

I'm amazed by how  faithful it is to the Walt Disney World version - which is an excellent thing in terms of quality, but, In my mind, also a bad thing.

It was perhaps naive of me, but I half-expected them to tailor the design slightly more to the whimsical style of Fantasyland - the resulting design feels positively Main Street to me. From a designers point of view, the broad, bright, opera-house style conflicts with the relative wrought iron hammer beams of the roof.

However this is me being pernickety - it's a great addition to the park, and a fantastic use of the theatre. It's also nice to share another attraction with WDW.

DLRP Roundup!

I like it! We just need a talking Mickey now ;)
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

Josh

Quote from: "Columbiad"I'm amazed by how  faithful it is to the Walt Disney World version - which is an excellent thing in terms of quality, but, In my mind, also a bad thing.
Well that stage was only meant to be temporary, anyway. You might see it go in 20 years. :P
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

alternativerock123

It does look very nice inside - would have been nice to have a slightly different styling than WDW (Like Cal has Mickey's house) But still - Looking good and I cannot wait to see it soon.  :thumbs:
31st Aug - 1st Sept 2010 = Kyriad Torcy (First Time <3)
11th - 14th July 2011 = New York Hotel
2nd - 4th Aug 2011 = Kyriad Torcy
31st Oct 2011 = Day Trip
13th March 2012 (Disneyland Cal)
10th - 13th April 2012= Hotel L'Elysée
30th May - 1st June 2012 = Hotel L'Elysée
31st Oct - 1st Nov 2012 = Residence Prestige
18th - 20th July 2013 - Residence Prestige
9th -11th Nov 2013 = Hotel L'Elysée (First Christmas Trip!)
Coming soon:
29th April - 1st May = Hipark Serris.

Malin

I've posted my own album up if anyone cares to see. http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 1c99e19bb1

I love all the attention to detail. But I question how quickly this attraction is going to fall apart. I visited on the opening day and already started to see stickers peeling off the lugage. Also interesting to note that the Cartoons shown are back to back English and French. And once the cycle of cartoons is shown it shows the French dub cartoons in English and the English ones in French. And I believe the voices used are from the current voice actors.

aliscrapper

Quote from: "Malin"I've posted my own album up if anyone cares to see. http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 1c99e19bb1

I love all the attention to detail. But I question how quickly this attraction is going to fall apart. I visited on the opening day and already started to see stickers peeling off the lugage. Also interesting to note that the Cartoons shown are back to back English and French. And once the cycle of cartoons is shown it shows the French dub cartoons in English and the English ones in French. And I believe the voices used are from the current voice actors.

Wow!  Thanks for posting the photo's! :thumbs:   Was the waiting time always 60 minutes plus?? thanks :thumbs:

Mimty

I was wondering if anyone is back from DLP who has done the meet and greet for Mickey Mouse. We are going next week, with a Mickey obsessed 3 year old boy so meeting Mickey is our no1 plan.

I was wondering if anyone can tell me the average wait time for him, as we'll also have a 14 mth old who mightn't be as patient to see the man himself!! Is there a good time of the day to queue, when it might be quiter than others? Thanks in advance for your help

15MagicalYears

I haven't experienced the new meet mickey attraction yet but I'm sure I read the average wait is 45/60mins. Although the good thing with this new location is the cartoons in the queue which should hopefully make it a little less boring for the kids (and big kids!).

The best chance of a short queue is probably early morning or later just before it closes which I'm sure is about 7-ish.

Mimty

Thanks for your help!

Reiana

We've been there last week. We went to see Mickey every day. Waiting times were no longer than 25 - 45 min.

The cartoons run about 50 min. Then they start again, changing from french to english and vice versa. Means, one time you see the french version of the cartoon, next round the english one. For example The little whirlwind (engl.), Clockcleaners (french). Next round The little whirlwind (french), Clockcleaners (english) and so on. About 10 - 15 different cartoons, but not the long version, all cut to a 3min size.

The whole theater was in great shape. No stickers peeling of or anything else.

The only thing, that is a little bit disturbing, is the people watching the cartoons and forget to walk on. Almost everybody is watching and there are big gaps in the queline.

dagobert

Thanks for the informations, Reiana. Since I'm not very much into meeting characters, I'm not sureif would queue for 45 minutes.

Reiana

Well. I think, meeting Mickey is a bit different from meeting all the other characters running around in the park. Meeting Mickey is very privat. No rush, no hurry. Only  5 or 6 people behind you, because they only let a hand full of visitor ( 2 or 3 families) into the meet and greet area. It's behind a closed door and you can't hear the noises from outside (the theater).
You can almost take as much time as you want to, to have fun with Mickey. He is really only there for you. Only a castmember and a photographer are with you in the room. And nobody says "time over" or forces you to leave or something like that. You even have time to take your own pictures.
We had 3 japanese girls in front of us and it took them almost ten minutes to have their pictures taken with Mickey. Mickey was very patient. :thumbs:

I think it is a good thing to have a meet and greet with Mickey this way. It's much better than the meet an greet at Main Street.

mdw

[youtube:3ii06680]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYTSDv3NU0c[/youtube:3ii06680]