20th | Meet Mickey Mouse — Now Open!

Started by Donald-Duck-Malta, July 27, 2011, 12:26:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ford prefect

Quote from: "Alan"Oh. That's a shame. I mean, it's great for kids, but it doesn't really add much to the Disneyland Paris experience for everyone else, other than a nice exterior.

Quote from: "Alan"Will Meet Mickey Mouse be strictly for young kids, or will it have things that adults and couples can enjoy? Is there stuff to see and watch inside, even if you don't meet Mickey Mouse?

My wife and I love meeting Mickey. There is no point being grown up if you can't be childish.
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

luke85

Quote from: "ford prefect"...There is no point being grown up if you can't be childish.

Great quote!! totally agree :D

norhel

Quote from: "ford prefect"There is no point being grown up if you can't be childish.
Hear hear!
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

MissDisneyisMagical

I'm 26, no kids, usually got with BF or friends and ill definitely be Meeting Mickey Mouse.
<center><embed src="http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/show.swf?message=Kirsty&font=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/fonts/plainn_lib.swf&glitter=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/glitters/glitter78.swf&clickURL=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/&type=0&clickLABEL=Glitter Text Maker&flashLABEL=Satisfaction.com&bevel=0&shadow=1&glow=1&blur=0&fade=0&blink=0&gb=2&ga=0.6&gi=0&gc=16210663&bb=2&bc=0&sb=7&sa=0.7&si=0&sc=0&blb=7&ls=0&fontsize=60&num=78" quality="best" wmode="

ford prefect

Quote from: "luke85"
Quote from: "ford prefect"...There is no point being grown up if you can't be childish.

Great quote!! totally agree :D

I am afraid I cannot say it is original!  The quote is from a 1974 Dr Who episode, but it (and my signature) sum up my philosophy!
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

gldc

I'm 19, a guy, and I am so excited for this! Don't think it's a matter of age.
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

WDW Visits: Summer 2013 as a Cast Member // September 2015
DLR Visits: August 2013 // September 2015

My Cast Member blog - http://www.mepipe.com

Anthony

I met Mickey for the first time ever at his temporary location on Sunday. It was great fun.

We got a tour of Meet Mickey Mouse with Imagineer Laurent Cayuela on Saturday. Here's a few first reactions:

I still have reservations about the exterior (and pussinboots has just added a few more), but the interior: wow, it's really quite gorgeous. Plush carpets, gleaming golden railings and a really stunning re-dressing of the stage, which now has two theatre box seats either side. It's recognisable as Fantasy Festival Stage, yet unrecognisable in its feel. It feels like a real theatre rather than a theme park stage. The specially-made lights which hang above the "audience" waiting line are especially nice, and Laurent explained the stage now has three huge curtains of varying styles (Venetian, Roman and I forget the third..), which all open in different ways to reveal the projection screen behind.

As you step up into the "backstage" section, the smart décor changes to bare bricks. Mickey's dressing room itself has all the recognisable props from the Florida attraction, with endless in-jokes (like a bag of Tuppence). There's so much to take in there. After the meet 'n' greet room, there's an extra little photolocation of magic show props (an escape tank and a saw), placed at the side of the stage, before you head back to the souvenir photo desk.

It takes all the nice ideas of the Florida attraction and then puts them in a real theatre, making it that much more of an experience. I still wish they'd take the simply unnecessary French subtitle off the marquee, but otherwise it's a perfect, fitting and very well executed addition, even in unfinished state. It turns the theatre from an all-too-frequently dead space into a real asset. Someone could visit the attraction and never know it was Fantasy Festival Stage, it feels like it was planned and built to be this all along.

dreamdisney

thebritishfrog

Quote from: "Anthony"I met Mickey for the first time ever at his temporary location on Sunday. It was great fun.

We got a tour of Meet Mickey Mouse with Imagineer Laurent Cayuela on Saturday. Here's a few first reactions:

I still have reservations about the exterior (and pussinboots has just added a few more), but the interior: wow, it's really quite gorgeous. Plush carpets, gleaming golden railings and a really stunning re-dressing of the stage, which now has two theatre box seats either side. It's recognisable as Fantasy Festival Stage, yet unrecognisable in its feel. It feels like a real theatre rather than a theme park stage. The specially-made lights which hang above the "audience" waiting line are especially nice, and Laurent explained the stage now has three huge curtains of varying styles (Venetian, Roman and I forget the third..), which all open in different ways to reveal the projection screen behind.

As you step up into the "backstage" section, the smart décor changes to bare bricks. Mickey's dressing room itself has all the recognisable props from the Florida attraction, with endless in-jokes (like a bag of Tuppence). There's so much to take in there. After the meet 'n' greet room, there's an extra little photolocation of magic show props (an escape tank and a saw), placed at the side of the stage, before you head back to the souvenir photo desk.

It takes all the nice ideas of the Florida attraction and then puts them in a real theatre, making it that much more of an experience. I still wish they'd take the simply unnecessary French subtitle off the marquee, but otherwise it's a perfect, fitting and very well executed addition, even in unfinished state. It turns the theatre from an all-too-frequently dead space into a real asset. Someone could visit the attraction and never know it was Fantasy Festival Stage, it feels like it was planned and built to be this all along.

I totally agree!
I've been a couple of times so far, as we are working on part of it.
I think it looks amazing so far, everyone is/has done a great job.
I think everyone is going to love it. I normally can find something negative to say, although I can't with this one. Maybe the only thing is it makes me sad to see it is so 'fixed', I don't think it will ever be a 'real stage' again. I've performed for hours on that stage and it's sad to think that it is official gone... But it is great! :-)
The British Frog
//http://www.thebritishfrog.com
Connecting people who would like to visit France with people who live there!

CafeFantasia

It sounds intruiging. Like I asked before, will you be able to just go in there and enjoy the interior and all its details WITHOUT meeting Mickey?

Malin

It looks and sounds like a great use of the stage. It doesn't address the issues that Disneyland Paris needs a proper in door theatre venue to stage new production shows on instead of using something like the videopolis. But it does at least provide some use for this empty venue and finally provide a permanant meet & greet location for Mickey Mouse. I really hope the rumoured date of May 17th still goes ahead. Since I'll be at the Resort to check it out in person. But no more having to wait outside on a cold Main Street in December to see Mickey. You can now meet him and enjoy cartoons and check out lots of cool details. And for this 30 year old its another great excuse to get you picture taken with Mickey  :)

Columbiad

So, in the story of the attraction, is the theatre still called the Fantasyland Festival Theatre?

thebritishfrog

Quote from: "Alan"It sounds intruiging. Like I asked before, will you be able to just go in there and enjoy the interior and all its details WITHOUT meeting Mickey?

Not really to be honest, I suppose if it's not too busy you could go and have a look through the front door and see the queue line...
The British Frog

littlemermaid83

Sounds really cool inside, looking forward to this attraction!

I'm guessing you can take photos of the props etc while waiting to see Mickey?
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

thebritishfrog

Of course, although the props he was referring too are after you meet mickey, but the theatre is pretty enough for photos too!
The British Frog