(FULL TRIP VIDEO ADDED) Nicolai's Magical Summer Trip 2011

Started by DLP-Photos.com, July 21, 2011, 03:36:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackieann

Your photos are amazing!!

What do you have your camera set to to get the night time castle and DLH shots?? I have a slr and can never get it right.  Think i need to do a photo course.

DLP-Photos.com

Quote from: "jackieann"Your photos are amazing!!

What do you have your camera set to to get the night time castle and DLH shots?? I have a slr and can never get it right.  Think i need to do a photo course.

Thank you very much :)

Well - you can get the EXIF for the last photo of DLH:

iso100 - f/11 - 20.0 seconds - 14.0mm

Basically the following three things are essential to get good night time shots:

1. Use a tripod - you have to use a very slow shutter speed, so this is the most important thing.

2. Use a ISO-speed as low as possible in order to create the best lighting.

3. Use a remote control or the "timer", so you do not have to touch the camera when taking the picture. This prevents shaken pictures.

(4. When taking photos of fireworks, use the "bulb" feature so you get complete control of your exposure.)

I hope this was helpful - please ask if you want advice on anything else :D
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

jackieann

brilliant thanks
I have a tripod and never thought about using the remote to do a photo. thanks for that!! Cant wait to book our next trip now!! fingers crossed for halloween.  

Cant wait to see the rest.

PS also love the toy story land pic!!

DLP-Photos.com

Quote from: "jackieann"brilliant thanks
I have a tripod and never thought about using the remote to do a photo. thanks for that!! Cant wait to book our next trip now!! fingers crossed for halloween.  

Cant wait to see the rest.

PS also love the toy story land pic!!

Your welcome - hope you get your holiday booked and get to take some great photos - the halloween season is great for night photos :)

With a tripod you have the most important accesory... Do not know which camera you have, but most (all) producers have both wired and infrared remote controls at reasonable prices :)
/Nicolai

davewasbaloo

Fantastic trip report so far and some great pics. Can't wait to read the rest. Glad you had a good time, and thanks for paying attention to the entertainment!
since 2001 (many before that)

Overdose

I really love that last picture of the castle, it all looks so bright and shiny :D
I can't wait to go next year and can't wait for you to get the 3rd part up here :P

magic katy

Great report so far and really very beautiful pictures.
But what a journey to get there, how many hours did you have to travel before you arrived in Disneyland? One whole day?

Aurora1

Absolutly wonderful night shots! A great trip report so far. Looking forward for more!!
Did you get your iPod back?
Aurora1

The Helmsman

It has always been a pleasure to read your trip reports  :thumbs: ! Can't wait for the rest of it.
~It Be Too Late To Alter Course~

DLP-Photos.com

@davewasbaloo: Thanks - I always pay attention to the entertainment, which has always fascinated me in Disneyland. And I saw several signs of the good old atmosphere of the streets of Disneyland. We're not there yet, but it is slowly getting better :)

@Overdose: Thanks - the castle was absolutely stunning by night. I too am already looking forward to next year - I have to go!

@magic katy: Once again thanks - it is a very hard trip and this year it lasted app. 22 hours including the trip from central Paris to Disneyland.

@Aurora1: I love Disneyland at night and could spend every night taking photos :P Regarding my iPad - let's make this the first trip report with a suspenseful cliffhanger ;) :lol:

@The Helmsman: I would expect the next part to be uploaded late tonight.
/Nicolai

bensmum

once again your trip report and photos are brilliant. thanks for posting.

DLP-Photos.com

Unfortunately, there will not be an update tonight - I have been busy relaunching my website (//http://www.nka-photo.com)...

BUT, I have been able to get the time to make a little teaser for the video that will follow after the Trip Report. In fact I just used this to explore the new iMovie trailers... Enjoy! ;)

[youtube:28j0l73q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOvTdmINZSU[/youtube:28j0l73q]
/Nicolai

Overdose

Quote from: "forza_united"Unfortunately, there will not be an update tonight - I have been busy relaunching my website (//http://www.nka-photo.com)...

BUT, I have been able to get the time to make a little teaser for the video that will follow after the Trip Report. In fact I just used this to explore the new iMovie trailers... Enjoy! ;)

[youtube:3p7vm2xa]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOvTdmINZSU[/youtube:3p7vm2xa]

Haha, Hollywood Tower Awards 2011 :P

Looks great, I can't wait  :D/

DLP-Photos.com

There will be no update tonight, I'm afraid - too tired after 4 days of work directly after the holiday.

BUT I promise loads of updates in the weekend starting late tomorrow evening :D :mrgreen:  :ears:
/Nicolai

Martin B

Waiting for the next bit....  :thumbs:
@DisneyMart - Follow me on twitter and I\'ll tweet live from Disneyland Paris and other Disney locations on our magical adventures... www.twitter.com/DisneyMart