The first summer trip 11th-14th July FINISHED- VIDEOS ADDED!

Started by alternativerock123, July 17, 2011, 07:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alternativerock123

Thank you guys for such positive feedback on my trip report! It makes me happy. =D

DAY 2 PART 2!

I forgot I only got half way through the last day. =P
So time to continue!

So yeah, we went back to the hotel to freshen up and just rest as taking pictures is hard. =P

We headed straight to the park around 6:30 to get ready for the parade as I "missed" it the night before. We walked around for a bit just taking in the atmosphere. We then picked a good space right on the corner facing the hub to get some pictures.
As the "Just like we dreamed it!" song played before the show - I sang along - but my voice kept cracking and I had to stop as I kept nearly crying. XD  

HERE IS THE ENTIRE ALBUM!

After the parade we headed towards Adventureland for dinner - we went to the Hakuna Matata restaurant as my mum kept smelling the kababs all day under her nose from yesterday. So I had the "lightly spiced" chicken and chips and it was.... strong and horrible - the chips were overly peppered and cold. So I only ate half of it.  :(  At this point it suddendly went really dark and over cast - and then I went cold - like redicously cold.  I thought it was going to rain. But it didn't. So that as all right.

As I am nesh - wearing a skirt and t-shirt was like wearing a bikni in the snow. So my dad offered to go get my coat. So
he walked back to the hotel - like power walked and it took him 30 minutes to get there. Me and my mum sat on a bench waiting for the Hub show time to roll by - and my dad set off at 8:45 and was back just in time. =X
But once I was warm again the show started - but it was still dark, so I got rubbish blury dark pictures. ALSO PARENTS WHO PUT THEIR KIDS ON THEIR SHOULDERS RIGHT BY THE HUB SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED!!! I couldn't see, and therefore neither could my camera!  :evil:  I only say to do that when you are miles away or were no one is behind you.

So here are my pictures from that night. Which isn't a lot.

Of course after the show we moved to a good place ready for the Fantillusion Parade! =D

Click here for my picture set of the parade!

and the bad thing of the day! My lens broke during the parade - not in that of a bad way, the auto-focus stopped working and it was making a vibrating noise. after the holiday my dad found that one of the cogs has come loose. But that was my first ever lens, it came with the camera over 2 years ago. so i think the dark vs light of the parade broke it from too much auto-focusing.

So for the fireworks I had to manually focus the camera - so some images might be blurry, even though the wind was blowing the smoke towards us.
My dad got a video on both nights, but I won'e be uploading them until later.

Here are all the fireworks from that night!

After a long day -  we headed back to the hotel - completely tired.

I didn't take any pictures of main-street all lit up because of the lens. But my dad did and I did get some the next day.

We headed towards the village. I took some pictures of the window displays in light without daytime reflection.

And that concludes DAY 2!

Day 3 part 1 might be uploaded sometime tonight, if not, tomorrow. =]

Thanks again guys.
31st Aug - 1st Sept 2010 = Kyriad Torcy (First Time <3)
11th - 14th July 2011 = New York Hotel
2nd - 4th Aug 2011 = Kyriad Torcy
31st Oct 2011 = Day Trip
13th March 2012 (Disneyland Cal)
10th - 13th April 2012= Hotel L'Elysée
30th May - 1st June 2012 = Hotel L'Elysée
31st Oct - 1st Nov 2012 = Residence Prestige
18th - 20th July 2013 - Residence Prestige
9th -11th Nov 2013 = Hotel L'Elysée (First Christmas Trip!)
Coming soon:
29th April - 1st May = Hipark Serris.

Aurora1

Great TR, thank you for writing it. I like to take pictures of the windows as well. They look so great!
Aurora1

kiki_304

Great report and pics so far.  

I actually like the atmosphere of the evening show pics, brings some drama to the images and you get more of a sense of being there.

alternativerock123

DAY 3! PART 1!

On day three, my parents decided to leave me in bed over breakfast, so I could get a lye in as I don't do well with lack of sleep and getting up early. I

quickly got ready and we headed down stairs. Mickey was there again, but I didn't feel it necessary to get a picture with him again - and Goofy would be arriving soon and I already had my picture with him - so we headed to the park. Today is a full day in the park!

We headed through the entrance and I saw the FINAL GOLD TOWER! I was so happy the castle was nearly complete, but silhouetted, it was complete. This time we went straight to Fantasyland.

(Technically these pictures were taken on the 12th in EHM, but I forgot to add them in, so I'll just put these here. Same thing, just on a different day)

We decided to go on Peter Pan's flight and the Tea Cups before heading towards the princess location.

Time was getting closer to 10, so we joined the queue for the Princesses. I was stood in the gap to see straight to the doors by Small world, so I was the first to see her come out. I shouted: "IT'S TIANA! PRINCESS TIANA!" and the family in front of us asked who that was (in spanish english) and I said princess and the frog, they said "Black?" and I said "yes" they just left. Unless they had seen her before but I was shocked. O.o

(Best thing about Tiana was that said said Bonjour in a perfect french accent - but once I said hello and she learnt I was english - she somewhat broke character and spoke in a london accent - it was funny!)

After I met Tiana, I didn't want to wait in the queue again, so we headed to go on Small World, since we were right next to it. I've never been on it before, and it creeped me out as much as I thought it would.

Before going on the Storybook boat ride, we saw a small crowd around the Tea-party table, still wanting to see Hatter, we thought it was him, but it was the queen instead.

We the went to the Storybook Boat Ride.

All the pictures are here!

Afterwards we went back past the Alice area and saw the Tweedles. I had to get a picture of course.

We then went towards Adventureland again. This time we went on Pirates of the Carribbean, and I hated but loved it. =P
I was scared I was going to get wet as we were put on the front row - but the entire ride was amazing. The walk to the main ride was ridiculous! =P

Afterwards we went down towards the Rythms of the Jungle meet n greet. Were it was King Loiue and Baloo but they left and It was Timon and Rafiki!

I really wanted to go in the Enchanted Passage of Aladdin so we did.

Here is the album![/b]

After we headed down to Fontierland for the first time in the trip - Dad wanted to show me and mum Phantom Manner, but it was closed. >.< So we went on the

Molly brown instead as my mum really wanted too - I didn't take any pictures as it was drizzleing and I just wanted to take in the atmostphere.

We then stopped for a snack and rest and then headed to the Tarzan Encounter.

HERE IS PICTURES FROM THE SHOW!!

We then headed towards main-street to go on the Train, as my mum wanted too and we saw characters! I got my picture taken with Fiar Tuck and Cpt Hook with

Smee!

The queue for the train was massive, but we didn't want to leave and not do the things mum wanted too - so we waited and got off a Fantasyland. Around this

time we went to the Razpunel meet'n'greet!

While I was getting pictures of Punzee - my dad went to see who was at the princess meet'n'greet and then told us that characters were by the Small World

area - I got my picture with Eeyore, as Tiger was really busy and the others were Fiar Tuck and --- I think someone else I can't remember.

We then headed back towards the princess and caught Ariel leaving.

We then went to see if Hatter had made any random appearance, but no, but I looked over back at the Rapzunel area and saw FLYNN! My mouth dropped and I ran!
I got some pictures of him and with me. My mum was soooo bossy but it was funny!

We then headed through Fanstyland towards the castle.

We went towards Main Street and back into Adventureland at the entrance as I wanted to go to the Aladdin Meet'n'greet - we saw that Baloo and King Louie were

at their meet'n'greet - so I got a picture with them first.

After we adventured to the Aladdin area - luckly we got to sit for a while then Jasmine appeared! I wanted Aladdin but I don't care. =P

I'll leave it there for the moment! I want to make the next section the top of the post. XD  Best part of the trip!

Thank you guys for reading!
31st Oct 2011 = Day Trip
Coming soon:

Martin B

Can't wait to read the next instalment!

Martin :0)
@DisneyMart - Follow me on twitter and I\'ll tweet live from Disneyland Paris and other Disney locations on our magical adventures... www.twitter.com/DisneyMart

ElyonTink

Hi! great photos and report! :)
I met the same Tiana too! she was so lovely and yes she made me laugh when she came out with her british accent! she liked my auto book from Disney California and my mum came in for a photo as it was her birthday and Tiana saw her Disney birthday badge and was like "I just noticed your badge! have a happy birthday!"
I met the same Jasmine too! she had a lovely french accent and was so sweet!
I also had no luck with Alice and Hatter either :(  3 days we were at Disneyland Park we asked the cast members with the other alice characters if she was coming out. 1st day said no and they didn't know if she would be out the next day, 2nd day said no as well and the 3rd day they said yes so we waited around for about 40 mins but it was just the other alice characters coming out in rotations so we gave up, oh well! :?
Oh and i love your pic with Peter and Wendy you're so lucky!

ElyonTink :tink:
Disney World- April 2001
Disney World- April 2008
Disneyland Paris- Aug 2008
Disneyland Resort- July 2009
Disney World- July 2010
Disneyland Paris- Dec 2010
Disneyland Paris- July 2011
DisneyLand Paris- Newport Bay Club- June 2012!!
DisneyLand Resort- Oct 2012 for Halloween!!

"Fly Safely!"- Tinkerbell

alternativerock123

Elyontink - So Alice and hatter seem to be turning into rare characters, shame. =[  I hope to see him next time I go coz my friend really wants too. Thank you.

DAY 3 PART 2!

The best part!
I really wanted to see Peter and the gang before the follow the leader show. So we sat and waited and they then came along. My dad was first "attacked" by two pirates. And I was then pulled by two pirates as they commented in french about my red hair and how it matched one the pirates.

The pirate kept talking to me and calling me his "wife" and it was funny! He also attacked my mum and call her the cute one, but my mum just kept pushing him back to me. - But when I had my picture with John, he was in the background (as  you can see) and after when the pirate tried to climb over the rope - Jonh pulled it up with his umbrella so it caught the pirate between his legs. XD  It was funny.

I then met some of the characters - John was cute, and I mean, he was a very attractive fellow. =D

[youtube:1hk58h7h]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3o6fB-GYm4[/youtube:1hk58h7h]
[youtube:1hk58h7h]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3_oUhlcums[/youtube:1hk58h7h]
[youtube:1hk58h7h]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B1hnxg1GTs[/youtube:1hk58h7h]
[youtube:1hk58h7h]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kiVUvtfoQg[/youtube:1hk58h7h]
[youtube:1hk58h7h]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRuOANCxQRA[/youtube:1hk58h7h]
[youtube:1hk58h7h]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0bIXcN2CO0[/youtube:1hk58h7h]
[youtube:1hk58h7h]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27kTFx2wjzU[/youtube:1hk58h7h]

So yes I just like to say that my pirate husband reminds me of another character who is a bit pompous and wants to kill the beast! from last years trip to Disney. XD

We then went to eat at Bella Note, i thought it was pretty awesome food and the atmosphere and amazing! I only had a small pot of pasta and garlic bread - but it was amazing. We then went to sit by the right large pillar at the entrance to Fanastyland for the parade, it wasn't until 40 minuets, but we all were so glad to sit down.

[

THIS GUY WAS AMAZING! HE WAS TOTALLY FLIRTING OR SOMETHING! XD

THE ENTIRE ALBUM IS HERE!

After we went straight to see Cpt Jack! Last time he came out a different door, and my dad was filming that door all the time and he popped out another door. >.<  But as he was selecting people out of the crowd - I stood by some barrels and coz of my bright hair, he chose me after about 5 people. =D

I tried to kiss him on the cheek - but he wouldn't let me - so i kissed his hand again. - he was so amazing coz he was leaning on me all drunk. But when I pulled away, his "mum" on a string got attached to my button. and everyone laughed (not in a bad way) and he pulled it off and said "kiss my mum instead" so I did. XD  He also asked if it was my birthday ... which was odd coz I said "no" and he just replied "oh, that's a shame" XD

We then went to get a good place for the Hub Show.

ENTIRE ALBUM IS HERE!

We stayed in the same place for Fantillusion. I also forgot to mention that it was my last night seeing all these amazing shows! =[

[

FANTILLUSION SET HERE!

HERE ARE SOME OF THE BETTER PICS SET!

Final night pics of the stay. =[

and that's the end of day 3! One more day to go!  :D
31st Oct 2011 = Day Trip
Coming soon:

norhel

In the videos, it seems that you had much fun :-)
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

mdw

wooooow fantastic pictures! you met loads of characters, my little girls are very jealous!!!

fly_with_me_dumbo

okay so i dont see the point in me finishing my trip report hahah. i want to meet that many characters! :(

Wendy

Wow, thanks for sharing your wonderful photos.  I've enjoyed reading your trip report  :)

I'm really looking forward to returning to the magic in a couple of weeks now!
Second Star To The Right And Straight On Til Morning!

xx Wen xx

My Trip Report: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5261

Aveen2008

aw wow what a fantastic report, I am so jealous of all your wonderful character photos! :thumbs:

I am sorry you got stung by a wasp and felt unwell *hugs*

I love your ariel style red hair, its lovely!

Thanks for sharing your trip report and all your wondeful photos!!

Aveen xxx
Luv Aveen xoxo

traveller

Hi there  :D  What an imazing job you had done, congradulations ... and the most important is that you had a wonderful time.  I am so glad.  Photos are realy great.  Thanks.
Previous Visits:
March 1990 Disneyland Anaheim (one day visit)
May 1995 Disneyland Paris (one day visit)
June 2007 Hotel Cheyenne
August 2008 Sequoia Lodge
December 2009 Hotel New York
December 2010 Newport Bay Club

alternativerock123

DAY 4 LAST DAY OF THE TRIP =[

Last day - we packed in the morning and checked out - it was sad.  :(

We then went straight to the baggage area and checked in our luggage and coz of my Dream pass we got all three bags in for free but we had to pay 3 euros for my laptop - but it didn't really break the bank.
We then headed into the park for the last of the magical hours!

We headed to Fanastyland around the side of the castle and went straight to the princess meet'n'greet as it was already really late into EMH.

and it was Belle! I was soooo happy! I also asked her to record a special message for my friend Ashley who LOVES Belle and will be coming in less then 2 weeks now. =D

We then went around to see if Hatter or Alice was around but they weren't other than the White Rabbit and the Queen.

My dad was getting a bit annoyed about time at this point - even though it was only around half 10 - so I did some shopping - I think - or some browsing. But we headed towards the castle's back and saw the scaffolding was down! Yay!
My mum didn't see upstairs last time because she had a problem with her knee so going up stairs was a pain for her - but I was sooooo glad she was able to see it this time.

At this point my camera stopped taking photos as I forgot to delete previous photos off the card - so we left and i was trying to delete them on the move - but my mum got a picture with me and the well.

I then got to sit down and delete my photos- which was annoying because I forgot how. >.< But it all got better.

We then headed down to Frontierland to see what was happening with Phantom Mannor - we started to queue, but people were just pushing and it pissed me off - we then saw the queue was MASSIVE and it wasn't moving. So I kept apologising to my dad because he really wanted to go on it. =[  
So we headed to Discoveryland to watch Captain E.O. as my parents are HUGE Michael Jackson fans. I didn't take any pics around here as I was still deleting slowly and I ran out of steam to take atmosphere images.

I thought the show was pretty good too. After we went through the secret passage to Fantasyland and caught the Disney Dance Express leaving.

We saw Ariel at the princess area so we queued again for a picture - the times changed as it went from 10 to 10:30 then they swooped - but this time it was around 15 - 45 , so Ariel changed to Aurora - but I wasn't bothered.

As we just met her as she came out - my dad came back to tell us there was characters at the Small world doors - so I was able to interact and meet with more characters!

Cruella was sooo funny - I asked if my outfit was acceptable - but she just kept moaning about my princess and Alice jewellery and my Alice top - she said it was all right - my mum asked for a picture but she shouted "OH WE HAVE TIME NOW!" As she said she was leaving soon and there wasn't time for anything. =P

Mulan was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NICE! She was having a convo with me - asking me about my day, my stay, have I met Cruella yet, complementing my jewellery. She was amazing!

We saw that Fiar Tuck was also there on his own. Bless - but we sat down for a minute and just watched the characters some more. Daisy then came to the other side from where Mulan was.

Pinocchio and Gideon came to were Mulan was Cruella was - I love how Gideon went straight for a hug! XD
and as it was mid afternoon - I was fed up of pushing parents and ninja kids - poor Pinocchio was nearly getting squashed! >.<

Time was getting closer for a Princess change so we went back and saw it was Ariel  =[ I wanted to Meet Snow White.

She then left and it returned back to Aurora for the last section.

I forgot to keep taking pics - so I got some of Aurora

It began nearing to Rapunzel coming out - so we waited back a green-door for her to come out. Peter, wendy, john and pirates came out first.

Tweedles then came by to leaving into the door

We turned around and saw Rapunzel walking behind us. >.< She came out a different door than last time.

It was now getting later so I went shopping. We then headed to Main-street was I wanted a Snow White tiara - but we couldn't find a tiara with her on it, so i got a belle one instead - we then went into the Kodak shop to get my princess pictures. My dad came in and said that characters were out. So I got my picture with a few of them.

I can't really remember this bit perfectly - but I remember seeing Ariel and Belle in the middle section by the gazebo and through the crowd I saw a red cape. My heart stopped as I knew it was SNOW WHITE! I began to freak out and I ran to the other side - I was soooooo hyper, but then the cast member said she was moving to the other said to where we just came from! >.< So before the crowd moved - we ran and got right to the rope.
 She was right infront of me! XD  She went to a little girl first and I said to my mum "do you think I can get over the rope?" and snow white turned and said in the softed voice: "I'll come to you soon," and i just went red and blubbed "no, it's all right take your time yea it's fine." =P  

She then chose me and I got my PICTURE WITH HER!!! AHHH!
She saw my Snow White neckalase and Belle earrings and said they were beautiful - I then told her she is my favourite princess and i've been dieing to meet her over my trip - she then replied in the quietest, softest voice - "oh, thank you, i'm so glad" XD

I then gave her a hug and thanked her a million times- she was just smiling and being snow white. XP
I was still shaking, i then got over the rope, my dad showed me the video (will go up soon) and the picture I then just cried, and cried and cried and cried -  my dad held me and I just cried - I was soooooooooooooo happy!  :D

I then calmed down and got some pictures of the princesses - lots of Snow White.

and that's it folks! We then got our bags, said goodbye to the castle - the park and went on the TGV back to CDG back to EMA and home. I was sad, but still glowing from meeting Snow White.

I am slowly uploading videos to my Youtube - once they are all up, or mostly, I will add them separetly to a new topic in order. =]

Thank you guys once again, I really appreciate it!

:D
31st Oct 2011 = Day Trip
Coming soon:

Minne&Mickey92

Great trip report , so helpful ! were staying at hny in september and it was really great to see some good pictures of it :) i dont know how you managed to meet soooo many characters ! i just hope we can do the same in september ! do you think there was so many around because it was main summer season or dya reckon thats just normal now? anyway great to hear you had such a great time ! and i love your hair colour btw ! im a fellow red haired person :) (not naturally sadly) but your's is an awesome red ! :)