The first summer trip 11th-14th July FINISHED- VIDEOS ADDED!

Started by alternativerock123, July 17, 2011, 07:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alternativerock123

VIDEOS HERE!

I'll start with some details of the holiday:

It was my second ever trip to DLRP, I went with my parents as like I did last time and we stayed in the New York Hotel.
We flew with BMIbaby for a 6:45 flight and arrived at Paris CDG for 9:00, we then took the TGV from 10:00 to Disney and walked to the NYH, it was already bloody hot and it was only the morning.
There was a massive queue for the booking and so me and my mum went to view the shop and the WWDC in the glass cases by the shop.

We spent the first day in the park, second in the studio, and the third and forth in the park, and of course the park for EMH.

I will start to do the first day of the trip soon. =]

Enjoy.  :D
31st Aug - 1st Sept 2010 = Kyriad Torcy (First Time <3)
11th - 14th July 2011 = New York Hotel
2nd - 4th Aug 2011 = Kyriad Torcy
31st Oct 2011 = Day Trip
13th March 2012 (Disneyland Cal)
10th - 13th April 2012= Hotel L'Elysée
30th May - 1st June 2012 = Hotel L'Elysée
31st Oct - 1st Nov 2012 = Residence Prestige
18th - 20th July 2013 - Residence Prestige
9th -11th Nov 2013 = Hotel L'Elysée (First Christmas Trip!)
Coming soon:
29th April - 1st May = Hipark Serris.

alternativerock123

1st day!

(MnG is the quick way of saying Meet n' greet)

On the first day we went straight to the hotel New York to check in. While waiting I took some pictures of the hotel, along with some of the WDCC in the glass cases:

Then Pluto came to entertain the guests and danced with the kids:

Once we put our bags away we went into the Village and had "breakfast" at the Earl of Sandwich 11. I had the kids pizza sandwich, which was all right, it went cold quick and the sauce went everywhere but I loved the atmosphere and the decore. We then looked at some of the menus, but not the stores. =/

Of course I had to have a photo with my favourite Prince! =P

We then headed to the park, of course getting those amazing shots of the Disneyland Hotel and of the statue outside:

Once inside the gates I saw the castle in her glory with fresh paint and started to cry. =P  It was magical. ^^

We slowly made our way down Main Street taking pictures of the window displays and buildings as we passed by:

Once we got closer to the castle I was full of Disney spirit! =D

We headed around the stage to Fantasyland as I didn't want to walk through the castle. =P

We went straight to the Princess MnG and saw Snow White my favourite princess. ^^

We then went around the Alice in Wonderland MnG area and saw characters!

We then headed to the top of Adventureland:

I took some pics of the rehab of the Galley but I haven't uploaded them yet.

We walked down to Agrabah and the Rhythms of the Jungle MnG:

I didn't want to queue up, so we got some ice-creams and waited for the first showing of the Peter Pan show!
Here are some but I'll post a link to the Flickr folder here!

We then headed back through Fastasyland and went back to the Princess MnG and saw Belle!

Had to have my picture at the Rapunzel MnG!

We then headed down Mainstreet towards Discoveryland:

We went in the Les Myseres Du Nautilus, but I didn't take that many good photo's. They were all blury. =/

It then got to around 3, so we headed to the Hotel
First we passed Donald's Desk and got my Dream Passport! =D I don't have a picture of it yet, but I will soon. ^^  I was soooo happy.

So we headed to the hotel and we got our room, so we just sat for a few hours and freshened up.

We then headed to Annettes for Dinner and shared the burger with my mum, as it was a bit to much.

Here comes the bad news:
As we were walking into the park, I was stung by a wasp! >.<   Luckly I'm not fully allergic, I only had a slight allergy and rash. >.<  I was soooo annoyed and it made me cry for ages.
We headed to first aid (at least I know where it is now) and got myself sorted out. I felt a bit dizzy and I couldn't stop crying. I tired to watch the parade as it passed by Casey's but I just felt sick.
We headed back through the arcade and back to the hotel and went straight to bed. I was still upset that I couldn't see all the shows on the first day, but there wasn't anything I could do, it was stinging like a ***** and made me ill. But it was nice to have an early night's sleep.

So this concludes day 1!
31st Oct 2011 = Day Trip
Coming soon:

magic katy

Nice report of day one, except for the wasp.
Did you like Hotel New York? I hope you do, we're staying there our next trip.

esmeralda

Thanks for your report and the beautiful pics!!!! I will be staying at Hotel New York soon too! So it's great for me to see your fotos :-) Looking forward to read more soon :-)
Julia

ulak

Very nice report and awesome photos! I am very glad for another!
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

norhel

Nice photos. I see that Mr. Smee was an face character. What did you think about that when you meet him?
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

DLP-Photos.com

Thanks for the report - great to read with just a week to go before I am there :)

GREAT photos too - may I ask what camera you use?
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

alternativerock123

Hey guys.

Questions to answer
QuoteDid you like Hotel New York?

Yeah it was pretty okay. The beds were a bit hard, but the bathroom was huge. I don't really take that much notice of the rooms because to me it's a place to sleep. =P  But overall I would give it a 8/10  (Y)  Breakfast was nice, the character meetings were awesome and the entire look and feel was warming.

QuoteMr. Smee was an face character. What did you think about that when you meet him?

Honestly there was something about him that was odd, the cast member seemed nervous, but he was happy to pose for pictures before the show. But I think it's just because I'm used to seeing him as a head-character. So it was a bit weird.

QuoteGREAT photos too - may I ask what camera you use?

I use a Sony A200 with a 18-70 lens or my brand new 70-300 macro/zoom lens. =D  Some of the photos were taken on my mum's old camera which I can't find and can't remember and my dad uses a Sony Cybershot for videos and some pictures. =]

Day 2!
Woke up at the crack of dawn, at about 6:30. We all got ready and headed down to breakfast for 7:30. I wasn't feeling to good, I think it was a result of the wasp sting the night before. So I only had two bread rolls and some butter/jam. I felt even worse afterwards about 15 mins later, so I went back to the room to relax.

I suddendly felt better once I woke up and we headed down stairs to see the mouse himself! Mickey! I was sooo happy and it cheered me right up!

He loved my Minnie t-shirt that was " I <3 (with old fashioned minnie inside) with underneith saying Shopping, music, shoes, make-up and Mickey! He "read them all down" and once he got to Mickey I did the <3 with my hands he went all shy. =P
I have a video but they will be the last things to upload.

We then headed to the park - having another picture with my prince. =P

Of course I had to take more pictures of the castle, this time with a first gold tower! =D

We then headed Buzz Lightyears Lazer Blast! and I lost. =[  I swear my gun was broken though. =P
Then went to the dragon! There was only one family in there so it was easy to get some amazing pictures.

We headed through the castle to Auberge to have a look:

We headed to the studios! The dark clouds started looming over us and it went cold. >.<
Once we were in the studio's we saw Minnie by her limo.
I got in the queue, in the CORRECT place and some woman started yelling at me in some forgein language because I went under the rope when there wasn't a queue.
Everyone queued to the right of the rope, not the left, so even if I walked around, I still would have got there first.

I showed her my top and she went all giddy and gave me another hug. =P

Once we got into the studios it began to slowly rain. We just got out umbrellas and I took some pictures of the statues around the Disney Animation building.
It started to rain harder and harder and it was mayhem. We went to get some waterproofs, my mum stood in the queue and some woman accused us of pushing in. They ran out of Adult sizes, so we get childrens sizes. 21 euros for three! >.<  :x Also me and my dad spotted people picking them off the counter and just walking off!

By this point the rain still was fast so we went into the Animagique show. IT WAS AMAZING! =D The entire place was full. =P  We then went to Cinemaique - equally as amazing! Once we got outside, the rain had stopped! >.<  The place was still dark and over-cast. We ran into the back of the Art of Disney Animation.

Then the sun came out! =D Yay! It was also hot in the sun. We saw lots' of characters as we headed towards the Meet the Disney Star's!

img]http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6140/5949826425_7c281d49d4.jpg[/img]

Some pictures of them leaving here!

We then headed around the back towards the Toy Story Playground, but I really needed to buy a hat, so we went back towards Studio 1 and I got a Peter Pan one, You will see it later in the report. =P
I then went to take pictures of the statues in better light this time. =P
Here is the full album!

Afterwards we got a bite to eat and sat down for a bit. We then headed to the Motor's Stunt Show. That took up a lot of the day. =P
We then waited for characters for a bit. Just relaxing. Our feet were dead from yesterday. My dad wanted to go on Crush's coaster, but as it was sunny, the queue was over an hour long. So we got a good place ready for the parade at 5.
Then suddenly PETER PAN AND WENDY with Smee and Genie came out the door by Studio One!
I jumped up on my feet faster than I have before! I wanted a picture! I got some pictures but they were a bit blury, they move soooo fast.

I was getting annoyed as so many "little ninja's" were pushing in front of me, thankfully the cast member knew that I wanted a picture and got Peter's attention for a picture, Wendy also joined.

We then headed back down to the stage for Star's and their Car's. I looked at the picture by mum took (the one above) and burst out crying.  :cry:  But it was happy tears! I was sooooo happy! XD

Star's and their car's rolled on by and I got lots of pictures, even though a family in front of me had a bloody less then 1 year old baby in her arms who wouldn't stop crying - she wasn't bothered, she wouldn't know what's going on. They also had a 5 year old in a pram taking up lots of the space that kids though was free space, so i had lots of kids pushing my knees getting to the front in a space that wasn't there! >.<

HERE IS THE ENTIRE ALBUM PLEASE CHECK IT OUT!

We then headed back to the hotel as I was boiling! You would have never thought it rained that morning!

I'll continue the rest later. My fingers hurt. =P

Enjoy.
31st Oct 2011 = Day Trip
Coming soon:

norhel

Again, nice photos and report :-)
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

DLP-Photos.com

Yet another great update - thanks for sharing!
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

esmeralda

I agree   :thumbs:  Perfect timing for me as I'm going to stay at Hotel New York in less than 4 weeks :) Trip reports are pretty rare at the moment. So thanks again!!
Julia

Martin B

I am not too keen on smee and hook as face characters, I much prefer them as heads.

Great report though, sound like a brilliant trip despite the wasp.

Martin :0)
@DisneyMart - Follow me on twitter and I\'ll tweet live from Disneyland Paris and other Disney locations on our magical adventures... www.twitter.com/DisneyMart

helen1974

Fantastic report! It's getting me all excited for my first trip to DLP in 4 days times :) I'll keep checking back for your up dates!

Angel_Ariel

I am loving your trip report! You've taken some fab pics! So sorry to hear about the wasp sting. Poor you :( It looks like the rest of your trip so far has been really great though! Also, I love the colour of your hair! So pretty! :)
~*~ Newport Bay ~*~ March 2008
~*~Sequoia Lodge ~*~ January 2009
~*~Santa Fe ~*~ January 2010
~*~Hotel New York ~*~ January 2011
~*~Explorer's Hotel ~*~ October 2011
~*~Newport Bay ~*~ August 2012
~*~Kyriad Hotel ~*~ August 2013
~*~Cheyenne Hotel ~*~ December 2014

alternativerock123

Double Post... =P
31st Oct 2011 = Day Trip
Coming soon: