My trip - November 21st-23rd 2006 (Photos included)

Started by RnRCj, November 24, 2006, 05:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RnRCj

Day 1

It was 3pm before we managed to get into one of the parks. We went to Walt Disney Studios first.

I headed towards Rock n Roller Coaster, but... oh no! It was closed! My heart sank.

I then went over to Armageddon and had a ride on it. Then I went back to RnRC, and it was open! I did five rides in a row and got to my 50th ride on it  :D

After this I took a ride on the Flying Carpets... And then it was pretty much time to go back to the hotel (New York)

Day 2

Time for the Disneyland Park!

I started of by riding Big Thunder Mountain, and then I rode Phantom Manor. It was very funny when one of the staff members climbed onto my mum's doom buggy and scared the  **** out of her!

After this we went to Adventureland and rode Indiana Jones and Pirates of the Caribbean.

Then we headed for Fantasyland, and we did most of the rides there.

After Fantasyland we went to Discoveryland. The first ride we did there was Star Tours. After that we rode Space Mountain, but it doesn't seem to play any music during the ride anymore  :?  It's really wierd going around the track in silence. Can anyone explain this?

After this we did Buzz Lightyears Laser Blast. It was the first time I rode it.  :D

Towards the end of the Day we watched the parade and re-rode some of the rides.

Then at about 5pm we hopped over to the Studios and did 2 more rides on RnRC.

Day 3

We went to the Studios first, and I did Rock n Roller Coaster 6 times in a row. I found that sometimes it launches about 5 seconds late for some reason  :?

Then we went back to Disneyland Park.

We took a ride on the Disneyland Railroad (because it was pouring with rain) and then rode Pirates of the Caribbean again.

We then went to Thunder Mountain. For some reason the queue line was moving very slowly. When we got to the loading platform we saw a person being stretchered off the ride by Paramedics. I don't know what happened but the ride kept on running as normal.

Then over in the distance we saw the dome being put on top of Tower of Terror! We rushed over to the Studios and took some photos.

After this it was time to go  :cry:

I'll have some photos up soon!  :D

thebatman_1

Hey you sure love the Aerosmith don't you, good thing with working here on our breaks sometimes we head over there and give it a ride. I love the ride itself I just wished it was better themed outside like the one in Florida.
The Space Mountain still plays the music, just sometimes, like the Aerosmith, the music just don't play.
Sounds like you had a good time.

RnRCj

Here are some of the photos:

The Butlin Boy

Great report and pics.

Samninetysix

CHRIST!!!! - did u take a snorkel and flippers?? - damn that was wet! :cry:

RnRCj

Quote from: "Samninetysix"CHRIST!!!! - did u take a snorkel and flippers?? - damn that was wet! :cry:

The first day it was very cloudy and there were a couple of showers.
The second day there were a few clouds but the sun was shining and there was no rain.
The third day it poured down pretty much all day! That's when I took most of the pics :P

RnRCj

Here are a few more photos:

(I know it is a bit too dark)

Samninetysix

M8, the Phantom Manor pics are excellent :)

Samninetysix

And I'm starting to think those cranes are a new secret ride!!!

miss disney fan

great pics, i remember those yellow macs to well, lol

miss disney fan

great pics, i remember those yellow macs to well, lol

Jake

Great photos!
The parks seem pretty empty in your pictures, everytime i seem to go, the parks are at peak point.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

RnRCj

Quote from: "Jake"Great photos!
The parks seem pretty empty in your pictures, everytime i seem to go, the parks are at peak point.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

It was empty! The longest queue time was only about 5 minutes! In the Studios it felt like we were the only ones there it was so empty!