My 2nd trip from 4th -6th March!!

Started by Alicegwen, May 26, 2011, 12:10:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alicegwen

So finally I got the time to write my lovely Disneyland Magical Trip!! But attention! it is looong and my english is not that good because I am from germany =D) It was so amazing, also hard (because of those long standing times in the queue lines and walking through the park) but this trip amazed me totally!

Day 1
So the first day was Friday the 4th March 2011.
We ( me and my boyfriend were both 20 years young) woke up at I guess it was 6 o'clock in the morning. We made us ready, ate something and started our trip at 7 o 'clock with the car from Germany straight to Paris.
I was happy that my mum could lend us her car. The car ride was chilly and at about 13 / 14 o'clock we came up to Disney and arrived at out hotel Kyriad.

Everyone there was really nice and the hotel spread out a very good atmosphere so that I felt very comfortable there.
But me and my boyfriend had a conflict... When we got our park tickets and everything we wanted to take our luggage but then i had lost one ticket! -I thought so ^^. I put it into another paper and I didnt remembered it^^ But I was happy that I found it. We had per person a one day ticket for two parks which was valuable at the second day of our trip.
So the first day we couldnt enter Disneyparks =(. But nevertheless we made a visit at the Village, took some shopping tours and ate something at the Sports Bar
My boyfriend had some chicken nuggets and I had a Brownie and fries.
While our shopping tour I saw at Disney Fashion - (I have already asked this here in the forum before my trip) ALICE IN WONDERLAND CLOTHING!! OMG SO CUTE. There was a dress, a shirt, a T shirt everything with a print of Alice in a corner.
I wanted to buy the Pink T shirt, but when i tried it on it looked like I was pregnant so I did not bought it. I decided to make my shopping tour on saturday night after our disney park visit. I knew that I wanted to buy instead of the t shirt an golden alice in wonderland purse and a thumper and his sister plush soo damn cute! (see pictures at the bottom).
At about 20 o 'clock we arrived at our hotel and had a chilly , relaxing evening while watching the Disney commercials about the Park in different languages^^( you probably know what I mean^^).

Day 2

Finally! We woke up at 8 o 'clock and made us ready to go to breakfast at 9.
Although the hall as overfilled, we could get some seats and enjoy a delicious breakfast. I was really impressed that they had two different sorts of butter! (with and without salt). I took a croissant, some buns, fruit salad, chocholate croissaint, orange juice....
Very very delicious food i must say. The best was the jam of berries and the fresh, warm croissaint yummmmmmmy =).
With a full tummy we took the way with the pink bus and arrived at the Parks. We decided first to visit the Studios and finish them until afternoon.

Walt Disney Studios

Our plan was to go first to Crush Coaster. But when we saw the queue line we returned because it was so f*** overfilled, I have never seen something before!^^. We arrived at the Tower Hotel of Terror and the scoreboard told us only 5minutes to wait so we decided to make this our first attraction. During the queue we realized that  5 minutes was not the promised time but we waited only about 25 minutes and could start our ride. I was always scared of such rides because I dont like it to go up and down and up and down... i prefer rollercoasters more.
But during the ride I was really impressed of the animations. And I had a strange feeling in my tummy while falling down^^. You may know this tummy -feeling. It was very strong -stornger than I had in any rollercoaster in my life!^^

After that we took a ride at Rock n Roller Coaster. my favourite attraction. When I was there in April 2009 I couldnt get enough of this crazy ride because I really love those Aerosmith Songs. This time we listened to "Sweet Emotion", not the Best song but it was okay. Then we went to the Armageddon show, bur we saw the movie after our Disney  trip and I must say that after seeing the movie I am now more fascinated by the actions at the show as I was when i was there.
When the fire came it was really hot and it was interesting to see how this actions are presented in a movie. I loved the movie <3.
Then we headed straight to the Studio Tram Tour behind The Magic. Because I was really fascinated about the scenes which were presented at the Disney commercials in Tv I thought we have to make a visist at this show. After one hour waiting we could enjoy this ride. The thing with the water was really the best moment, but it was also exciting to see these figures of dinosaurs or planes from Pearl Harbor. And of course the cars from Toy Story and 101 Dalmatians. Are they from the original movies?? And what about the Monster truck outside the Armageddon? Is it also real taken originally from the movie???

After this my boyfriend took me to the Motors Action Stund Show which I do not wanted to visit because those stund shows are always the same -in every park in the world!

So I sat out the show, which was a bit funny but I couldnt understand everything of it, although my English is okay.
Happy that it was over, I visited the Art of Disney Animation , which I really love because of those electric pictures on the wall. I draw some comics, visited also the little shop there.

I told my boyfriend that we must take another ride at RocknRoller Coaster. But now the queue had the double of the lenght so we had to wait about one hour because of those fastpass guests. But at the end of this I was happy that this time I could listen to " Love in an Elevetaor" and " Walk this way" my favourite songs^^.
I have to tell you that my boyfriend and I were really really dumb. We didnt know that every person can take fastpass tickets without paying.In our theme park you have to pay them and when we went to the machine which gives out the fastpass tickets and we saw that after we had slid our cards through the slot we got some fastpass tickets!!! I was very angry about this because if we had known this earlier we wouldnt have had to wait such a long time for the second aeromsith ride! But we knew now what to do to go easily on Space Mountain Mission 2^^ So we headed to Disneyland and we thought that we will come at late evening another time to the Studios to see how full the queue is for Crushs, and if it would be too long we would leave this ride out. We also thought to take a ride at the Parachute drop if we would return in here another time.

Disneyland Park

At about 16 o'clock we entered the Disney Park. We went straight to Caseys Corner and hot some delicious Hot Dogs. We decided to visit first Frontierland. I took some nice pictures of everything and we went to  Phantom Manor. I thought that this is a walk -through ride and I was very surprised when we had to take place in those boats^^. But the ride was very enjoyful.
Not scary at all^^
We decided to finish the most important rides in Frontierland, Discoveryland and Adventureland first. So we got us a fastpass ticket for Big Thunder Mountain available at half past 9. Then we went through the Adventure Isle in Adventureland and also visited Robinsons Tree(or something^^). I had really much fun there because of the caves and ways that confuse you etc. I really liked the atmosphere at the isle and the treehouse because it reminded me of the Playstation 2 game ,,Kingdom Hearts" which is my most favourite game ever. Also the big bridge is a very great attraction it looks like in a real movie.

The next we took a ride at Pirates of the Carribean. and it was nice. I was really fascinated that this ride goes through a restaurant where you can see people eating while you are on ride. I dont know was it the Blue Lagoon? I think so.  After this, we went to  
La passage enchantee d'alladin very sweet and nice made, I loved the music which was playing while going through it. It was about 20 o'clock then and it started to get dark. Me and my boyfriend decided to check again the Studios for Crush Coaster. The queue was long but we did it because we had to do something in the time when we had to wait to use our fastpasstix for Big Thunder.

So after a long wait but comfortable wait (because of the nice decorations in the queue line) we came up to the wagons and started the ride. I had forgotten how it was when I was there in 2009, but I must say that it is NOT worth it to wait this long for that ride. The speed was okay but I had not the feeling that Iam in the water and I have not seen any bubbles or fish or turtiles! The most was dark and some little lights. Not very impressing, but nevertheless. We had some time and took a third ride at Aerosmith because we knew it would be our last because the next day we only bought a one day ticket. After 15minutes waiting we started another and last exciting ride with the same songs as on our second ride.
Then I took a picture of me in the throne which was very pretty because it was enlightened.

Then we hurried back to the Disney Park because we had to use our Fastpass Tix for Big Thunder.  The ride was ok. It was interesting to ride in the dark. The next we took a look at the timetable for the waiting times and everything now was about 5 -20 minutes!
We rode Orbitron adn me and my boyfriend took one plane together! It was very very tight for us both! But we had a nice look on whole Discoveryland. Afer this we went on Buzz Lightyears Laser Blast with about 25 minutes waiting time.  I really liked the queue decoration and the funny pictures on the walls. The ride was also very funny. First I had more points but my boyfriend beated me in the end. I think it was a bit hard to take aim at the illustrations but they looked very great made. Sometimes we stucked and the ride was interrupted but it didnt matter much to me. I was happy to have a seat.
Now it was about 22 o 'clock and we were very very exhausted. My feet were hurting and my make up was damaged^^
But I had the will to see the fireworks. OMG It was one of the most gorgeous things I have ever seen in my life. The lovely and fascinating castle, shining and sparkling in the dark ohhhh deaaar...

It was like in all those Disney movies and like in my dreams =) I really had the feeling that I would start to cry also because of the dramatic music. I enjoyed it so much and I was sad when it was over.
So we decided to leave lovely Disney Park and were happy to see it tomorrow again =)
After this we went to our lovely hotel, took a short shower and went sleeping and had really nice dreams ;)

Day 3

We woke up again at 8 o'clock and enjoyed our delicious breakfast. I took some jam for home because it tasted so damn delicious.
After breakfast, we checked out and bought us some tickets but this time only for visiting one park. We decided for Disney Park because we hadnt seen everything there.
When we arrived at the park, it still was not 10 and we had to wait until 10 o'clock. This was very stupid... We entered Discoveryland and decided to go first to Space Mountain Mission 2 .
We had only short time to wait and I realized how my tummy began to hurt.. I think I was a little bit nervous because last time I was on it, for me it was the ,,worst" coaster of all. But this was only so because it was my first coaster ever with loopings and I didnt had realized that because everything is dark in it ^^.
I was very afraid and when the queue line began to be smaller and smaller I really thought about leaving!! But I decided to do it and I did so. I must say it is really the fastest coaster on my opinion, but its nice made with all those space effects. But I did not thought about going on it another time^^
After this we decided to visit Captain Eo because my boyfriend is a loyal Michael jackson fan. For me the show was not that exciting. I think 3D is today better developed than it was at Disney.

Next we took a short visit at Star Tours. It was nice. I liked the queue decor.
Then we headed straight to Les Myteres du Nautilus and it was very cool. It was very movie -alike the piano, the octopussy, the bed, the stairs, the hole with water everything i really liked it =)

After this we FINALLY went to Fantasyland and visited La Taniere du Dragon.
I love dragons and this one looked cute but also scary^^. After taking some nice pics of him we walked up the stairs which lead to the boutique Merlin l'enachnteur, we we can find the 25.000 $ castle consisting of glass. It was a dream, but I thought ' if someone would buy this one, how could he transport it home???!!'

We also visited La Boutique de Chateu but I was really sad when I saw that the castle entry was closed =(((.
But then we went to La chaumiere de sept nains which has become my favourite one becasue of the nice interior decoration.
Next we went to the Blanche neige et les sept nains ride, which was a very splendid made and cute looking ride. I really liked the music and the doors which opened when you driving through it.

After this, we took a refreshment at the March Hare Refrehments. Very delocious
Then we finally visited the ride I could not wait because I was so happy to go there: Alice's Curious Labyrinth. Ohh my good it is soo lovely, the little doors, the decoration, the signs everything is really movie -made and this is what I liked the most! I really felt like being in wonderland or being alice xD Too bad that there were so much people so I couldnt take a picture of myself with some of the figures.

Then we took a funny ride at Mad Hatter's Tea Cups After this my boyfriend took some pics of me with the beautiful gardens background but I realized that had lost my glasses! And I need them because without I couldnt see Disneyland very good! But I found them in my bag xD So everything could go on easy.
Then we took an chilly ride at Le Pays de Conte de Fees. It has become one of my most favourite rides, because it is so lovely made and I really liked the Cave of Alladin with all those glittering stones in it.

Next we went to Indiana Jones et le Temple du Peril. Great ride! Short but great! Indina Jones movies have always been one of my favorite movies and tis time the ride took more effect on me than on my last visit in 2009 xD.
Then we became hungry. We wanted to go to Hakuna Matatas but me and my boyfriend were so stupid, that we didnt saw the restaurant first and we turned around and around we didnt know if we had to cross the bridge or not.... We were only 5 steps away and we didnt saw it xxD. But then we found it ^^As I mentioned I coulndt wait to taste the ,,Coconut Rock Bun" at Hakuna Matata Restaurant It was full of sugar but ok! And aww.. the restaurant.. so jungle -alike decorated and very very Lion _ king – alike^^ (sorry for my bad english^^) I felt in love with the Restaurant because they played instrumentals of all Lion King movies and also the  ,,He lives in you" etc... I could sit there the wohole day and just listen to the music and eat and eat and eat.... ^^

But I couldnt find the toilet there! A woman told me to go around the house, but there was no toilet! I dont know where it had been gone^^
Finally we visited [/i] It's a small World[/i]. This ride is soo damn fascinating everything i colourful and glittering I didnt know where to look the first. Very beautiful.

After that we already had some time until our fastpass ticket to peter pan.
We decides to take a ride at Casey Junior. On the way I had the chance to take a picture with Cruella de Ville^^ Too bad it was no Disney Princess^^
We waited so long for Casey I didnt expected this long waiting time. The ride was not that exicitng but I knew this, We took it only because we were bored and I wanted to listen to the funny sounf ,, Casey Junior Time ... Coming down the truck.. ,, or something I dun no xDD

The next we went to Peters Pans Flight And I guess you ill NOT believe me that we waited only ONE MINUTE! ITS TRUE! Because of our Fastpass Tix we could go straight to the wagons. And omg... I was soooo excited about the flight. The room where everything is dark and then there are all the glittering lights around you.. Its a dream. And the town in a small version on the floor.. you really think that you are flying over Neverland! Its was sooo great!
Now it was about 20 o 'clock and we took pic of the Disney Castle and us and then we went to our last ride for the trip it was Autopia We waited about one hour and for me its was senseless.

My feet and legs and my bakc was hurting so much, I never have experienced such a feeling of hurt in my life before! The ride as annoying but I was happy that I could sit and my bofriend enjoyed it. The funny thing was that the car in front of us stucked and before there came a man to organize this electrical failure we decided to help them to go on forward and we drove into them and so both cars drove^^

Soo after this we took another last delicious Hot Dog at Caseys Corner and I was sad that it will take a long time when I will eat one like this another time  =((
I knew that it was over now and I was sad =(
We did some shopping, bought us some sweets, some presents for family and I boght a Alice Figutinde for only 12 €! She looks so nice! And my boyfriend bought himself a ,,Cars" car to drive with batterys electrical.
All in all I bought : Alice Figurine, Postcard of Disneyland at night, Postcard of the Sleeping Beauty, Alice in Wonderland golden money bag, Tinkerbell and Disney princesses key chain, Tinkerbell Pen, Thumper and his sister of plush and a Cookie Box.( Pictures below)

Although I was happy to sit in the car because everything was hurting I had a feeling of crying because I dont wanted to leave! I love Disneyland soo much and I have to visit it next year another time and forever in my lif eonce a year^^
This trip was much better than my trip in 2009 because I have seen much more and I feel like lats time I only had seen about the half of Disney. Im happy that I planned everything before that good and that we could see everything we wanted to see. I think the Fatspass tickets are a good creation because without them there would be overfilled crowds so that you could never see everything you want.
So thats all i hope ypu enjoyed my report!
Disney 4 - ever <3

dagobert

Thanks for the wonderful trip report. It seems you had a great time in Paris.

I'm a bit jealous that you could visit the Nautilus, it was always closed when we have been.

ulak

Very nice report and photos!! :)

You have Enchanted Fireworks in March? :O
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

MrsPirate

Brilliant trip report.

Off Site June 1992
Santa Fe, July 2009
Cheyenne, June 2010
Newport Bay Club Admirals Floor, July 2011
Sequoia Lodge, Christmas November 2011
Sequoia Lodge, June 2012
Hotel New York, Christmas November 2012
Hotel New York, Halloween 2013
Disneyland Hotel, Christmas 2014 and Christmas 2015
Newport Bay Club Compass Club, Christmas 2016 and Christmas 2018

samuelvictor

Quote from: "ulak"You have Enchanted Fireworks in March? :O

Yes, because 4th-6th March 2011 was St David's Day Welsh Festival. This coming year it's 9th-11th March 2012:

Quote from: "Official Brochure 2011-2012""Celebrate all things Welsh inspired by the land of towering mountains and green
valleys. Mickey and Minnie dress up in traditional costume to get into the swing of
things. Enjoy a food & drinks market, music, face painting and fireworks, Welsh-style!"

Nice trip report - can I ask if you noticed any of the specific Welsh additions, such as the market, shows, changes in parades etc? I'm Welsh and there isn't too much information about the celebrations around?