20th Anniversary (1st April 2012 - March 2013)

Started by JelleP, May 09, 2011, 09:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

disneymad1000

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Busy nights they show Dreams twice. We are going into the park shortly (we had a lay in after the excellent gig at Billy Bob's last night, and spent the afternoon swimming). Dreams is at 9:30 and the park closes at 11:00 tonight with a 2nd showing shortly thereafter! I imagine summer could be similar?

I'm not sure that they will have two showings of Dreams! during the summer as the Fantalusion Parade is at 10pm, but who knows??
Disney Trips
2002- DLRP- Hotel Cheyenne
April 2005- DLRP- (Day trip)
October 2006- WDW- Off Site
Augest 2007- DLRP- Off site
Decemeber 2007- DLRP- Off site (Hotel Chanteloup)
May 2008- DLRP- Off site (Hotel Chantelop)
Augest 2009 - DLRP- Davy Crockette Ranch
Augest 2010- DLRP- Off site
July 2011- DLRP- Off site

July 2012- DLRP- Hotel Cheyenne

ed-uk

Yes I was thinking that, it won't be dark enough for two performances of Dreams and Fantillusion, unless the park closes later.
Ed & David

Josh

Quote from: "captain rocket"The group of Americans were from the Disneyland fan club in Anaheim
I had a feeling they were American. XD It sounded as though they had a session with Baxter earlier that morning, as well.

Quote from: "captain rocket"Disney are only advertising the Dream Package at Walts and the Silver Spur.
Yeah, it seemed strange that they were doing that. We only found out that they had the menu at the other restaurants when the cast member at the entrance to the Silver Sper told us. She showed us the menu for the Blue Lagoon, but it didn't sound very appealing.

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Wow, I feel even more lucky to walk the purple carpet, an event I will never forget.
You should be! I'm very jealous. XD
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

lynny

Davewasbaloo.......you sound as if you've had a blast.......your children must think your the best dad ever :thumbs:
hope yor trobles have eased :D
 i cant wait to take my daughter this summer our 1st warm experience of the park.ha!ha! disney dreams i cant wait :D
HOTEL CHEYANNE JUNE 2000
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2006
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2007
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB CHRISTMAS 2008
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2009
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2010
HOTEL NEW YORK LAKE VIEW HALLOWEEN 2011
HOTEL NEW YORK UPGRADED TO LAKE VIEW MAY 2013

JelleP

I just read Kristof's great story "Last Trip To The Moon" on the (amazing) website Generations Disneyland Paris (link) and I couldn't help but notice that  a lot of stories on the website are based on De la Terre a la Lune, and how great it was.

Reading about so many good memories on the first Space Mountain (and almost no stories on the 'new' version), do you think DLRP will finally notice how great is was and think it would be a great idea to bring some of the original elements that made the experience unforgettable (especially the music) back? [-o<
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

Columbiad

Quote from: "JelleP"Do you think DLRP will finally notice how great is was and think it would be a great idea to bring some of the original elements that made the experience unforgettable (especially the music) back? [-o<

They could even market it as a new attraction, perhaps along with a bigger offering like Ratatouille, and market it as Space Mountain: Relaunched or Return to the Moon ("Space Mountain: Retourner sur la Lune": I like it).

The ride could go for the storyline that the original astronauts of "From The Earth To The Moon" have decide to revisit the moon, or take inspiration from the seuqal, "Around the Moon" (there's a lot of details in the sequel about the various effects felt when nearing the moon, gravity temperature etc: could make great inspiration for new effects), or have a new storyline altogether.  

It'd be affordable, pleasing to the fans, fit better with the Discoveryland theme, and I don't think that the the majority of the current Disneyland guests would know of the fact it was refreshed last time.

While they're at it in fact, they could restore Vincint Price to the Manor .....  :lol:  =D>

Lorum

Lastest news

Disneyland Paris 20th Anniversary to be extended for 6-12 months.

Source: DLRP Express Facebook Page
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

Josh

Ha ha. I didn't think they'd actually do it this time. So I'm guessing we can expect the same stuff going on? That'll give them time until Ratatouille is closer to completion.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Lorum

Exactly.
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

Pluto2011Pluto

Hi Lorum does this mean that we can expect the same stuff going on e.g. Adventureland Celebrates!, Discoveryland Celebrates!, Fantasyland Celebrates!, Frontierland Celebrates! and Main Street, U.S.A Celebrates. Or will that the events that were on one of celebration be extended.

captain rocket

All the events you refer to were one day events on 12th April this year i.e the actual birthday. They will not be on when you go, in fact the number of shows these days is non existent!

mdw

Any1 know anymore information on this? Wills Dreams nightime show continue? And later closing time?

miss disney fan

Is it true that Disney is extending the 20th anniversary, any info on it (ie, how much longer) would be great, as am willing to rearrange my trip for the bouns of the longer opening hours and the warmer weather :)

captain rocket

They have announced a six month extension.