New qualifcation rules for Disneys shareholders club

Started by captain rocket, September 27, 2012, 08:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captain rocket

FLOOKIE I really don't like to give bad news, but they will not accept a print of online documentation. I recently renewed and had to get a contract note from the Halifax before they would proceed. You should try anyway, but I think you may have a problem. Sorry.

kelly.dylan

I can see why they have upped the shares. When we were in Salon Mickey in August not only was it packed (Dylan and i had to stand along with many others as there were no seats available) but people had so much food on their tables it was ridiculous. I understood it was 1 cookie and drink per person yet people had 3/4 each and were going back for more!
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

TaranDLP

Wow! What a busy day I've had reacting to this news!
My shareholder card expired in May, but I thought that I would leave the renewal until after my french exams in October! Obviously this all changed yesterday when I read the news. The official Euro Disney SCA Shareholders website was down last night, so I was spinning out a bit!

I must say a massive thank you to ICHAPMAN who very kindly emailed me the renewal form this morning. I called the Shareholders centre at DLP and spoke with a wonderful Cast Member there, I explained to her that I wanted to renew and that the site was down. She explained that it was a technical hitch there were experiencing (ça ne march pas!). She was happy for me to fax the details over to her today.  I hand-filled in the renewal form and faxed it to them along with my Halifax Shares Contract Note. I called them 10 minutes later and they told me that they had received my faxes!

As a back-up, I have tried to fill in the renewal form online again tonight, as I had read that it was back up, but all I could access was the membership form. I have filled that in and I have received an email from the Shareholders Club to say that they have received my membership request! Hopefully, I've covered all bases, if it all goes wrong, at least I've tried!

Now...back to my french revision!

jenniedisney

So excited
Contacting my bank tomorrow so hopefully will be a member VERY soon!!!
Been going to Disney since October 1992.
Hotels Stayed in:
Cheyenne 1992
Disneyland Hotel 1993-Present
Sequoia Lodge - 2010
Disneyland Hotel Castle Club 2007,2008,2010,2011,2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Millennium Celebration 1999-2000 in Disneyland Hotel

WDW Cast Member 2016-2017
Stayed in EVERY resort on property

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "jenniedisney"So excited
Contacting my bank tomorrow so hopefully will be a member VERY soon!!!
Lucky you! No way I'll be renewing now! Don't think I could warrant over £400. Will have to just use our ap's for discounts now!
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

FLOOKIE

Well it dosent look like I've been successfully in renewing!
I filled in my online form then finally managed to fax them through the necessary documents but have since had no reply so looks like no more salon mickey for us!
There is no way I will be buying the extra shares needed to renew my membership as it just I sent worthwhile.
Shame,good while it lasted.xx

ICHAPMAN

Hi Flookie,

Depending on your view, don't lose hope just yet.  The two renewals I tried to push through last week before the October 1st deadline also have had no acknowledgement as yet.

The General Conditions do say that:

"Every membership renewal request is subject to a processing period of up to two weeks, upon receipt of the documents. If you meet all the general conditions of the Shareholders Club, a confirmation will be sent by e-mail when the processing period is completed. Otherwise, the Shareholders Club will send you an e-mail specifying how to valid the application. Upon validation of the membership renewal by the Shareholders Club, your membership card will be mailed within approximately 4 to 6 weeks."

This suggest either way you will be contacted.

Regards

Iain.

captain rocket

Yes, I agree My application was refused because I sent the "wrong" information and they took a fortnight to contact me and this was before the rush of applications I assume they would have received last week! Don't give up hope yet!

maleficent_mum

I wouldn't worry yet Flookie, I renewed on the 14th August and didn't get a confirmation of renewal until 5th September, still waiting for my new card.   It was more luck than judgement that I remembered to renew before my Sept. expiry, interestingly they have accepted my printout from the Halifax site, must depend on who receives the paperwork.
*Oct 14 - 5 nights Kyriad* July 13 -  6 nights Cheyenne 1 night VdE*
*Jan 12  - 5 nights  Santa Fe *Oct 10 - 1 night Kyriad, 4 nights Cheyenne*Jan 10 - 4 nights New York*Mar 09 - 4 nights Cheyenne*Nov 07 - 3 nights Sequoia Lodge*Mar 07 - 15th Anniversary Press Event  3 nights Sequoia Lodge*Mar 06 5 nights Newport Bay Club (Admirals\' Floor)*Oct 04 4 nights Santa Fe*Mar 04 3 nights Cheyenne[/size]

FLOOKIE

Thanks guys,will keep my fingers crossed that I get a reply,although I won't hold my breath.x

ICHAPMAN

Oh dear...my other half just got a rejection email from the Shareholders Club. They rejected her as, they say she did not hold enough shares. She holds 20 shares.

Her renewal was dated, emailed and faxed on September 30th, and therefore technically before the new general conditions/rules came into affect.

I've (on her behalf) sent them a reply outlining this and requested that they reconsider.

However, this would suggest that despite the new conditions only coming into affect from October 1st, it seems you actually had to have your application with them by close of business on Friday 28th September maybe.....

Iain

kelly.dylan

Oh what a shame Iain. Hope they will honour it for you as you did it before 1st Oct! Fingers crossed
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

Javey74

Mmmmm, more dissapointed customers through the 500% qualification share hike..  :roll:

This is just proving more from the points raised here>> viewtopic.php?p=228222#p228222

britincgn

Dear Shareholders Club Member,

The Shareholders Club informs you that on November 8th, Euro Disney S.C.A. will announce its Annual Results for Fiscal Year 2012. You will receive the corresponding press release of this announcement, the day it is published.

We will soon give you the possibility to participate in a roundtable to meet Philippe Gas, CEO of Euro Disney S.A.S., and Mark Stead, Chief Financial Officer of Euro Disney S.A.S.. This will be an opportunity to discuss the financial performance of the company and its Annual Results for Fiscal Year 2012.

More information on this invitation in our next e-mailing.

Please contact us for any further information.

Yours sincerely,

Hope someone can go and ask if nothing can be changed with the decision