New qualifcation rules for Disneys shareholders club

Started by captain rocket, September 27, 2012, 08:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ICHAPMAN

It's a bit poor to make this announcement at short notice, and then "break" the "Personal Space" portal so that we can't even try and renew.

But I'd still like to get the paperwork into them tomorrow - at least it would be dated as having been received BEFORE the 1st October, and hopefully this will swing it for us.

Little mermaid 240

Hi
I will do, but I think he must have gone to bed as I've not got the email yet :)
Although I begrudgingly agree with FLOOKIE that's its kinda too late! :(
Little Mermaid x

FLOOKIE

Quote from: "ICHAPMAN"It's a bit poor to make this announcement at short notice, and then "break" the "Personal Space" portal so that we can't even try and renew.

But I'd still like to get the paperwork into them tomorrow - at least it would be dated as having been received BEFORE the 1st October, and hopefully this will swing it for us.
The trouble is,I feel,that if you think of the amount of people that will be trying to rush their renewals through,how many will they conveniently lose??
It's all about money on their part,they are hugely in debt and are trying to make more money out of us for a few perks.
It's just not fair on us poor folk who can't afford 100 shares!!

FLOOKIE

Quote from: "Little mermaid 240"Hi
I will do, but I think he must have gone to bed as I've not got the email yet :)
Although I begrudgingly agree with FLOOKIE that's its kinda too late! :(
Thank you so much Hun,at least if we have the form we might stand a fighting chance but then it's is up to them if they let the forms through by Sunday.
Have to say I'm not that hopefull but it's worth a shot.x

ICHAPMAN

We maybe in luck.   The T&Cs of the new (and I assume old) General Conditions documents says:

"For renewal request, the issuance of a new card is subject to the general conditions in force at the date of request and the submitting of the documents listed above".

Given that (in theory) our documents will be them tomorrow (hopefully) - then at the "date of request" (ie tomorrow) the general conditions state that you need a minimum of 5 shares still.   The new General Conditions don't come into effect until Monday 1st October.

At least that is what I would "argue" with them if necessary!.

FLOOKIE

Here's hoping Hun.
At this point that's all we can do.
I'm just so annoyed that they left it so late.We arnt going to dlrp this year(I'm gutted) but circumstances dictate we can't,so I wasent that bothered about renewing "on time" then I get this email this morning and now I've got to stress myself out trying to get it done before it expires on Sunday!!
Not happy at all.

ICHAPMAN

Flookie / Little Mermaid 240,

I've located me 2010 renewal paperwork, which I've had someone else confirm that the current form is the same.

If you PM me an email address I will sent you a PDF of the form (without my data).   Normally it would be an electronic document completed by the shareholders website, but I can't see why they couldn't accept it with you have written the information by hand.

Incidently the first line "Card Number" - this is your current Shareholders Card number.

Little Mermaid 240 - you could try and use the same form and just leave the Card Number blank I guess.

It maybe tomorrow morning now before I can send out the forms.

Regards

Iain

DisneyAlba

Iain, as long as your documents arrive at Euro Disney before October 1st, you will be able to renew without hassle. So you will need to fax, as snail mail will take too long. Problem is, their fax machine appears to be turned off outside of working hours, so: you need to fax those signed papers, along with proof of shares, TODAY!

I figured this out since I renewed last week (geez, lucky!) by faxing. My card expires October 31st, but now I've already had confirmation of my renewal so my new card for two years is in the mail; lucky me!!

The 100 shares limit is not the only thing they have changed. Read the clause on what to do when your card is lost or stolen. Before, you had to send a copy of the declaration of theft filed with the police department, and that was that: your new card would be sent to you. That has changed now: after sending in the declaration of theft filed with the police department, you now have to follow the regular renewal request procedure. So, say I lose my new card in a month or two, then I'm screwed - I'll have to buy an extra 80 shares before I can get a replacement card. I suppose they did this to prevent people "losing" their card all of a sudden in the coming year...  :-?

Also, they've limited the number of people allowed to benefit from the discounts on meals.

P.S.: The website is available again: //http://corporate.disneylandparis.com/shareholders/shareholders-club/index-renew.xhtml?tab=tab3 You need to log into your Personal Space to get to the printable form.
You can take the girl out of Scotland, but you can't take Scotland out of the girl.

FLOOKIE

Thanks for the email iain,website is up and running again now so i have submitted my request to renew online now i just have to fax the paperwork off.
so because i have applied online does that count as having renewed or is it now official until i fax off the documents??

FLOOKIE

Only thing is it does say that you cant fax a printed electronic copy of your shares statement to them as it wont be accepted,now does that mean a printout of your online account statement? because that is what i did last time and was planning on doing this time but now im not so sure.What did everyone else do??

DisneyAlba

Flookie, it is not official until they have received the signed document and proof of shares by fax, so hurry...! You will get another e-mail with an official confirmation of your renewal once they have received all documents.

I had a hardcopy statement available, so I'm not sure if they would accept your print-out. Call them and make sure.
You can take the girl out of Scotland, but you can't take Scotland out of the girl.

captain rocket

Hi - Mrs Capt Rocket here ( the one who does the tech stuff 8) ) . Did you get the emails OK Little Mermaid and IChapman? They were sent to you around 21:15H last night (and again at 05:45 this morning to LM) and we haven't had a failure message.

Worth checking your spam folders as they might have been zapped into there since they had 2 fairly big attachments if you haven't received them yet. If not then we can try again this pm.  :|

Little mermaid 240

Hi thank you for your help :thumbs:   You were right it ended up in the junk file.

I managed to apply online while it was working this morning!

Fingers crossed!

Thank you for your help!  :D
Little Mermaid x

ICHAPMAN

Hello Mrs Capt Rocket - I didn't get the email, but I am "sorted".

Thank you

Iain

Little mermaid 240

Confirmation has just come through :D

Thanks for all your help :thumbs:
Little Mermaid x