Disney Dreams! — Nighttime Spectacular

Started by Festival Disney, April 14, 2011, 01:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ed-uk

I haven't watched the video I'm going to wait, but I just knew people would start complaining about the fountains.
Ed & David

littlemermaid83

I don't know why anyone would want to watch a really bad quality video on what is supposed to be the best show DLP has had. We waited this long, what was one more day going to do?
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

CafeFantasia

So what's the main issue with the fountains? Is something missing that was planned to be there? Was something changed or taken out of the show? Or... were people simply expecting the fountains to be used more in the show than they actually are?

Lorum

I've watch the first seven minutes of the show and then I've stopped it. I'm going to wait until tomorrow evening.

[spoiler:1v3x946y]Beautiful pre-show music. Magic Everywhere slow instrumental.[/spoiler:1v3x946y]

I think the show is quite good. But I can't say anything else, because I want to wait one more day. As littlemermaid83 says, we've been waiting for so long, why don't wait a bit more?
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

dlrpkris

Oh isn't it fabulous? I've wondered for so long what would actually happen visually at each moment and they seem to have exceeded my expectations at every point - perhaps with the exception of the Jungle Book segment. Not a lot going on there. The finale is pretty much unparalleled and breathtaking in its own right. I'd be lying if I wasn't expecting a more constant barrage of effects all the way through, but I do like how they've used them in little pockets of fun (the flames for just a couple of mins - if that etc). Lasers not too visible but these never translate well on video.

And how about all the pyro on the castle? Really is a centrepiece :)
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

Robert97

I think the parts that have the curve fountains crossing the castle would of had those big fountains rise up from the moat. Question is why did they get removed ?

15:54 When the fountains are illuminated green and are very high, so maybe Steve thought the other fountains went to high so he decided for them to be removed or the crowd may of got soaked on windy nights.

lubynoo

I have watched every Disney show, parade, ride, etc that has come new since I was able to find them online. This time, I don't want too. I have waited this long. I will wait until I go in May, mostly because you will never get the full effect in video. You need to be there, the fountains and projections dancing before you eyes and the music dancing in your ears. To belittle the show or complain about it before seeing it is just silly. GO TO DISNEYLAND AND WATCH THE SHOW. hahah then make comments :D

CafeFantasia

Well I just had a little peak at that video posted by The British Frog. Phew, the REALLY TALL fountains are definitely still in the show. It looks awesome. I love how tight Disney are with their timing. Everything is perfectly synchronised to the music. They play with fountains and lasers and fireworks as if they're musical instruments.

My only concern is, when the park closes at 10:00pm, 10:30pm or 11:00pm, will they really perform Dreams that late (at closing time)? Most of the nighttime spectaculars at Walt Disney World take place at 9:00pm or 10:00pm, which is late, but not so late that everyone starts to fall asleep.

Tigerlilly

Quote from: "Alan"My only concern is, when the park closes at 10:00pm, 10:30pm or 11:00pm, will they really perform Dreams that late (at closing time)? Most of the nighttime spectaculars at Walt Disney World take place at 9:00pm or 10:00pm, which is late, but not so late that everyone starts to fall asleep.

It's a question of lattitude. In the summer the sky just won't be dark enough in Paris, a problem that Florida doesn't have.
and straight on till morning.

Robert97

Source: @InsideDLParis

Tested today in public, is a small Fountain show that will be presented daily, serveral times a day, on a medley of Princess songs!

|Q|

There is a video on Le Parisienne featuring some scenes of the show filmed officially with Katy Harris of the Dreams! developement team. I've found it on DCP posted by user guigui du dlp.

Beware, it's spoilery. Enjoy!

//http://videos.leparisien.fr/video/d266fe95dfbs.html

Q

Robert97

Quote from: "|Q|"There is a video on Le Parisienne featuring some scenes of the show filmed officially with Katy Harris of the Dreams! developement team. I've found it on DCP.

Beware, it's spoilery. Enjoy!

//http://videos.leparisien.fr/video/d266fe95dfbs.html

Q

Wow :O thanks for sharing with us. Gosh the finale is epic.

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "Robert97"Source: @InsideDLParis

Tested today in public, is a small Fountain show that will be presented daily, serveral times a day, on a medley of Princess songs!

Oh how cute!

Just watched a few seconds of that video and I love the waterfalll effect on the castle! Beautiful.  

The Jungle book part looks a bit boring but shall reserve judgement till I watch the whole thing tomorrow.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Robert97

So the whole show will be streamed tomorrow or a selection ?

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "Robert97"So the whole show will be streamed tomorrow or a selection ?

The whole show.