Disney Dreams! — Nighttime Spectacular

Started by Festival Disney, April 14, 2011, 01:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DopeyDad

thanks Robert97, it's not the technology so much I wonder about, it's the location! How on earth are images like that shown in the promo video going to be created in the space available?

Robert97

Quote from: "DopeyDad"thanks Robert97, it's not the technology so much I wonder about, it's the location! How on earth are images like that shown in the promo video going to be created in the space available?

With Disney Magic possibly :D

peter

Or maybe projections on the castle put everyone into a hypnotic state, making them believe there were fountains!

Probably not...

Robert97

Quote from: "peter"Or maybe projections on the castle put everyone into a hypnotic state, making them believe there were fountains!

Probably not...

Then why did they test fountains on the moat ?

peter

I was joking, by the way.

ulak

Is it definitely for beginning in 1st april, please?? it will not be delayed as in the past TSPL be?
 I will go to DLP one time this year ( no more moneys :( ) so i will have 100% confidence for it? Thank you!

(sorry for this question if already here- i dont read this topics for surprise, thank you)
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

Robert97

Quote from: "peter"I was joking, by the way.

When do you think the park will start to install everything over the coming weeks rather than last minute. Also no doubt they will test the show in bits like they did with the World Of Colour.

Amazed how little I go to Disney but read up all about it to get my knowledge higher :D

Timwatch

After browsing these forums for years I've decided to finally register and join the coversation :D

While I loved World of Colour (it took my breath away) I just can't get excited about this new "smaller" version in DLP. I'm sure that the people who have seen World of Colour live will agree that the show works so well is because of the sheer magnitude of everything. The enormous water screens, the 1200 fountains and not to mention the entire area around the lake which turns into part of the show by having their lights synchronised to the music ect.

While I welcome the new show I just don't think we should get our hopes up that this will be our WoC. As said before I think this will most likely be more about the projections on the castle then the few fountains they are placing.

However, the new fountain show Aquanura by The Efteling is actually something to get really excited about. The park celebrates it's 60th birthday by installing a staggering 1500 fountains! (yes even bigger then WoC) and a whole new themed viewing platform. As mentioned, they signed a contract with WET (former Disney Engineers) and invested 17 million euros in the project. And as mentioned by some peeps here that Dreams might be difficult to perform during the winter months, The Efteling has actually decided to heat the water in the entire lake (!!!!) so that they can continue operating in even the coldest of times.

The show will be the biggest of it's kind in Europe and third biggest in the world right after THe Bellagio fountains and the Dubai Mall.

Until Disney finally decides to build that massive lake in WDS and put a bigger copy of WoC there. :lol:  :^o I wish. It would really give the park a necessary boost though. But for now we just have to do with this tiny (maybe spectacular, because we don't know yet) show that will mark the 20th anniversary.

There was a time where The Efteling was taking notes on Disney but in the last few years Disney should be taking notes from The Efteling.

Robert97

Quote from: "Timwatch"After browsing these forums for years I've decided to finally register and join the coversation :D

While I loved World of Colour (it took my breath away) I just can't get excited about this new "smaller" version in DLP. I'm sure that the people who have seen World of Colour live will agree that the show works so well is because of the sheer magnitude of everything. The enormous water screens, the 1200 fountains and not to mention the entire area around the lake which turns into part of the show by having their lights synchronised to the music ect.

While I welcome the new show I just don't think we should get our hopes up that this will be our WoC. As said before I think this will most likely be more about the projections on the castle then the few fountains they are placing.

However, the new fountain show Aquanura by The Efteling is actually something to get really excited about. The park celebrates it's 60th birthday by installing a staggering 1500 fountains! (yes even bigger then WoC) and a whole new themed viewing platform. As mentioned, they signed a contract with WET (former Disney Engineers) and invested 17 million euros in the project. And as mentioned by some peeps here that Dreams might be difficult to perform during the winter months, The Efteling has actually decided to heat the water in the entire lake (!!!!) so that they can continue operating in even the coldest of times.

The show will be the biggest of it's kind in Europe and third biggest in the world right after THe Bellagio fountains and the Dubai Mall.

Until Disney finally decides to build that massive lake in WDS and put a bigger copy of WoC there. :lol:  :^o I wish. It would really give the park a necessary boost though. But for now we just have to do with this tiny (maybe spectacular, because we don't know yet) show that will mark the 20th anniversary.

There was a time where The Efteling was taking notes on Disney but in the last few years Disney should be taking notes from The Efteling.

Like you say the company that are doing The Efeling ones are Wet Design but are the World Of Colour ones done by them ? Like my thoughts earlier on the post that http://www.lci-uk.com/ like I talked about with the projectors if thats the case that it might be the company LCI that are behind the project but then again what I said it might be the same projector that a different company use but only time will tell when we get more info.

Robert97

Quote from: "Timwatch"After browsing these forums for years I've decided to finally register and join the coversation :D

Like you say the company that are doing The Efeling ones are Wet Design but are the World Of Colour ones done by them ? Like my thoughts earlier on the post that http://www.lci-uk.com/ like I talked about with the projectors if thats the case that it might be the company LCI that are behind the project but then again what I said it might be the same projector that a different company use but only time will tell when we get more info.

Lorum

WoC fountains were designed by the WDI in co-operation with WET.
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

Robert97

Quote from: "Lorum"WoC fountains were designed by the WDI in co-operation with WET.

Thanks for that Lorum big thanks.

Festival Disney

Presenting: the fountains...

Source
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Donald-Duck-Malta

Bellisimoooooooooooo! :D Just imagine now the water over them with abit of colours...wow!Cant wait to see them! :thumbs:

Lorum

It is great to see the future coming. But now (with those pictures) we have some information about what is going on the project.

As I'm studying civil engineering in hydraulics, I can see that the fountains will be controlled individually, but the height will not be as big as in WoC. We can see 25 fountains in that side of the castle, so I think they will install other 25 on the other side, if not more than that.

I'm excited, but I hope we can enjoy a great show, with a good number of fountains and a spectacular soundtrack.
"If you can dream it, you can do it"