Why do DLP not sell Mickey Ears?

Started by 15MagicalYears, April 11, 2011, 11:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aliscrapper

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"When DLP opened you could get the ears including stitching at Ribbons and Bows on Main Street and also at the stand between Dumbo and the Tea Cups in Fantasyland. They did not sell well, and were withdrawn a few years later. I have 2 pairs, one with the Euro Disney logo and one with the first DLP logo.

Then in the late 90's early 00's, they had black ones, but only children's sizes. As a collector of ears (I have 20 different designs from WDW and DL, including Groom Top hat ears), it frustrates me.

They then finally reintroduced them with silver and blue ears for the 15th, we bought 3 pairs. Then various designs have been released since. Currently (well 3 weeks ago), they were selling pink princess ones and Toy story Ears. Check out my trip report and you will see pictures of me wearing my newly procured Toy Story Ears. I bought them in Star Traders in Discoveryland. I wanted them last year, but regretted not buying them, so when I saw them on the 1st day of the trip, I made them mine!

Would love to see the Toy Story Ears.  Have you got a link for the trip report please??  Searched under the trip reports but could only find your older trip reports.  Thanks :thumbs:

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "aliscrapper"
Quote from: "davewasbaloo"When DLP opened you could get the ears including stitching at Ribbons and Bows on Main Street and also at the stand between Dumbo and the Tea Cups in Fantasyland. They did not sell well, and were withdrawn a few years later. I have 2 pairs, one with the Euro Disney logo and one with the first DLP logo.

Then in the late 90's early 00's, they had black ones, but only children's sizes. As a collector of ears (I have 20 different designs from WDW and DL, including Groom Top hat ears), it frustrates me.

They then finally reintroduced them with silver and blue ears for the 15th, we bought 3 pairs. Then various designs have been released since. Currently (well 3 weeks ago), they were selling pink princess ones and Toy story Ears. Check out my trip report and you will see pictures of me wearing my newly procured Toy Story Ears. I bought them in Star Traders in Discoveryland. I wanted them last year, but regretted not buying them, so when I saw them on the 1st day of the trip, I made them mine!

Would love to see the Toy Story Ears.  Have you got a link for the trip report please??  Searched under the trip reports but could only find your older trip reports.  Thanks :thumbs:

Ooops, I have simply been updating the pretrip report with the actual trip report. I wonder if I can change the title to TR Easter 2011 now. Anyway, here is the link:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10533
since 2001 (many before that)

aliscrapper

Thanks.  I think I need to buy me some of those Toy Story ears - they are so cool!

littlemermaid83

This is the Halloween hat we got last year :)
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

davewasbaloo

I am loving those pumpkin ears!
since 2001 (many before that)