creating a better resort

Started by peter, February 27, 2011, 06:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josh

I especially love the return of Discovery Mountain. It was quite clever to get the Disneyland Railroad to go through it. The only problem is that, because of where you placed it, we can't fulfil the imagineers' initial plans for it to be next to videopolis and have a tunnel between theme.

Also, I like the idea of having a second island. I'm not sure if Tom would appeal to Europeans as much, though, so I think it should be re-imagined. :)

The Jungle Cruise is a nice idea, but I think it would be too small. Don't forget that in other Disney Parks, it takes up most of Adventureland. We're quite lucky to have a different Adventureland that's so much bigger. :)

I'm not so sure about the Storybook land. I think it would make more sense to have it as part of Fantasyland.

By the way, imagineers did have plans to put Splash Mountain in Frontierland where the train station is, so you could revise your plans and put it there. :)

But these are really great ideas!
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

peter

Thanks, why did he imagine tunnels from hyperion

Josh

There were a few articles about it on Disney and More. I'll get it... :)

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2007/ ... oject.html
http://bp2.blogger.com/_OO7WbmARD08/RjE ... hoto+4.jpg
Disneyland Paris
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

peter

hmm...
i'm not sure how accurate that artwork is, but it kind of makes discoveryland look small. one thing i like about discoveryland is that it is still quite open plan despite a huge metal mountain in the middle

peter

Quote from: "Meph"Also, I like the idea of having a second island. I'm not sure if Tom would appeal to Europeans as much, though, so I think it should be re-imagined. :)

if you compare the size of tom sawyer islands from the american parks to the space here, it proves that there is alot of  wasted space in dlp.

also about jungle cruise. i'm going to look at sizes for it at the other parks and try and work it out using that. do you know if they own all the land between dlp and the studios?

Josh

Yep. They own it all. ;) Would those backstage buildings be in the way, or do you think you'd be able to snake around them?
Disneyland Paris
    [li]April 2012[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

peter

i'll have to have a longer look, but one thing that may have to be done is to relocate the backstage area

peter

ok, so i don't think many backstage buildings will need to go, but a couple will be moved

working on final designs, more is to follow

peter

i've finished version 2, please tell me what you think

you can tell already there are some changes, and now most of the work is actually outside of the railway tracks. first its to a new land, critter country.

this actually also shows the moving of the train station just further up, to help with moving people through to the expansion. the chapparal theatre now has a more fitting show, something abut cowboys. tarzan moves to the new theatre on the path leading into the adventureland expansion.

in critter country, i'll go clockwise from the far left. first is splash mountain, then a restaurant, a ride like goofys barnstormer, a dinner show, and a couple of cafes and a toilet block.

moving onto adventureland expansion:

this area is kind of set in the jungle. i found out that they use this area of water as kind of drainage, but it isn't needed, and it doesn't exist at other disney parks so i'm 90% certain it can be scrapped.
the entrance to the expansion is where the staff member entrance is. what would happen is that a crossing would be set up, so when a train is approaching, barriers come down to stop people crossing.
on this path is the tarzan theatre, and indiana jones adventure. when you reach the expansion the ride directly infront is the "submarine adventure" ride, its basically the same idea as the submarine ride at disneyland, but with an amazonian style theme. to your right is a themed dumbo style ride, and a few carnival games. then is the main attraction, jungle cruise. this travels underneath the train, where a bridge will be made, and i think will be the biggest of any of them. what is important to remember is that our adventureland is close to double the adventurland at disneyland, so the whole idea of jungle cruise taking up most of adventurland would probably make it a 20 minute ride.

next up is fantasyland, and this comes in many parts. first up is as you enter to the right of the castle.

so here i decided would be the beauty of the beast dark ride. you would enter through large gates, and a layer of fog is spread on the floor. the queue area would be like going through dark corridors, with sharp u turns to add to the tension. as you enter the ride, you would turn a corner and the vehicle would go up a spiral track to the first floor. all the time, you hear the back story of how he became the beast, and then you enter the village with people in the streets, then you enter a dark forest with flashing lights, and an animatronic of belle's father looking up at the castle, from this point on it follows the standard idea of other dark rides, but when you reach the fight scene where the villagers attack, and the beast gets pushed down the roof, you enter a room, where you see an animatronic gaston, whos arms come out towards the guest, just before a short little drop in the track. this is like a slower, less sudden version of the drop in thirteen at alton towers.
when on the ground floor, you see the transformation of the beast, and enter the station. this is one of the darker rides, and because of the drop, you have to be of good health and be at least 1 metre.

next up is the station area:

so this shows better how things would work. both entrance and exit to the station are to the right, and the left is for winnie the pooh. this ride is more of a powered coaster, and there is a section where pooh holds onto a balloon and flies upwards, and the track goes up and outside, you can see it on the plan. then you enter the building again and branches appear in front, and poohs balloon pops, so you go back down.

now into upper fantasyland, and this is in two parts.

nothing really changes here, but the dark ride at the back is for an animation, but i haven't got a clue. next to it is the storybook water gardens, the water park, and opposite are small cafes and shops.

in this half of the expansion is mickey's philarmagic and the matterhorn bobsleds.

one thing as well. in mainstreet there is the entrance to a new theatre to be put up behind the buildings, which will show the broadway kind of show thing that is at tokyo disneysea

what do you think?

peter

just remembered one more thing, there is a new pre show for the temple of peril, with harrison ford telling you what you are doing there and stuff, just before you go over the temple thing to board the ride

torillien

loving it ...

so when are you going to tell the lovely people at DLP that you are going to take over and do all this cool stuff then ?

:D
Self confessed Eeyore nut, IT Geek, IBM Champion, and Disney addict
WDW - Feb 2013 - Pirates at the Caribbean Beach

DLP - March 2012 - Disneyland Hotel, WDW - January 2012 - Swan Restort, DLP - June 2011 - Sequoia Lodge, WDW - January 2011 - Dolphin, DLP - November 2010 - Sequoia Lodge

peter

Quote from: "torillien"loving it ...

so when are you going to tell the lovely people at DLP that you are going to take over and do all this cool stuff then ?

:D

:lol: i wish, to be honest, all that needs happening is for walt disney imagineering to be given more power, and to get a biggger say in what happens

Josh

As usual, I love the ideas! :D
Disneyland Paris
    [li]April 2012[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

peter

thanks meph, saw your disneyland london   :lol:

peter

i'm making a plan for extensions to disney village, and was wondering what people would like to see. leave a post if anything comes into mind