creating a better resort

Started by peter, February 27, 2011, 06:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josh

Personally, I think you should make it a themeless monorail, and have it as WDS's equivalent of the train in the Disneyland Park. You could call it the "Studio Tour" and have recorded messages played back to explain the different parts of the park. :)
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

peter

Quote from: "Meph"Personally, I think you should make it a themeless monorail, and have it as WDS's equivalent of the train in the Disneyland Park. You could call it the "Studio Tour" and have recorded messages played back to explain the different parts of the park. :)

interesting, so it would be the stations that are themed, not the actual ride. in that case, it may be worth it taking a trip round the lake as well. has this been done with a second park before?

Josh

I guess it's been done in Tokyo DisneySea, but it doesn't go all the way round. :)
Disneyland Paris
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

peter

Ok, this idea might come along in version 2.5

peter

i've decided that the backlot is gonna kind of be in the same style as paradise pier. ideas? more to follow in version 2.5

peter

version 2.5 is here tell me what u think

let me run you think through it.

front lot
front lot has very little change since the first version, the pirates effects show would appear, but now, stitch live and playhouse disney live will be shown in tv studios. in its place is soarin' over the world, the new version of soarin'.

pixar studios
this stays the same as in version 2. however, the monorail is now not themed, it just contains theming at each station. there is a station in each area except front lot.

hollywood boulevard
this area extends further out now, and street entertainment in the style of shooting live!. it contains the same attractions as in version 2, but now food and merchandise carts in the sytle of filming units are set up.

waterlot
this area remains similar to version 2, but now on the waterfront are jetski shows everyday. this area also has a mini parade in the summer. where a small train like the characters express moves through the area. all characters are holding water guns, squirting guests on their way round. this moves non stop.

the pier set
this new idea is based on dca's paradise pier. supposedly the set of an 1900s pier for a period show. this features a ferris wheel, a rollercoaster, old style boardwalk games and a small carousel. crane cameras move around overhead, and a small show on the piers jetty happens.

backlot
this area has the indiana jones show and the sounds dangerous show. all buildings would be "soundstages", and street entertainments is common here.

tv studios
this underground section contains a disney on ice show, stitch live, playhouse disney live, and small rides based on disney tv shows. the entrances are large, moving rooms, where a small clip is shown in the lift down, depicting mickey talking to goofy about how they need to help film for disney channel. just before the doors open into the studios, mickey and goofy turn to look at the guests and say, will you help?

so? what do you think? next up i am working on the disneyland parc

Josh

Which bit corresponds to which colour on the map? :)
Disneyland Paris
    [li]April 2012[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

peter

green is tv studios
hollywood boulevard is the creamy area
water lot is the orange zone
grey is backlot
white is the pier set

peter

i have almost finished disneyland parc, and it includes expansion. all i will say is, fantasyland is getting wet!

also, version 3 of the studios is done, and i'll put it up soon. this will be the final version for a while

peter

version 3 of the studios is now complete and here it is. only a few things have changed.

what i've done is added a new attraction, lights, camera, DIVE! . its in the pier set. you board a submarine, and the submarine goes under the water. looking out the water, there are little mermaid characters projected onto a glass screen.

in the lake, an area is visibly marked for the jetski show, that would happen opposite the water lot.

i welcome your feedback. i will post my idea for disneyland parc, and then i will do disney village, lake disney, and the rest of the resort

Josh

He he. The water would be a little too cold for a jetski show, but I like those ideas.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]April 2012[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

peter

Do u reckon?

Josh

It's something I'd expect to see more in Florida so... then again, they used to have jet skis in the motor show, so ignore me. :oops:
Disneyland Paris
    [li]April 2012[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

peter

it would probably at the moment just be during high season anyway, and it would be with water lot, where most of the stuff is only in high season

peter

here is my design for dlp. designs first and then i'll do a timeline.

first up is an overview of the new improved dlp

so as you can see work takes place in all lands except for main street. first up, fronteirland.

possibly the biggest change is the addition of tom sawyer island. by taking away the islands, and putting in a concrete base, and building ground on top, this area becomes an island with a small river area running through it for the canoes to travel through. yes, the canoes will return to paris. they will be boarded in a new building on the waterfront called the thunder mesa waterway depot. in the same building is the boarding area for the raft boats that take visitors to tom sawyer island.

because of the rafts and canoes returning, there will now be 4 types of boat on the rivers, so to control this, a new control room to make sure everything goes to plan will be built in. also because of the number of boats, some of the land will be removed, and filled with water so that there is enough space.

the tarzan show will also be shown in the theatre in april, from june-august and over the october half term period.

where the toy story meet n greet currently is, there will be the thunder mesa goat farm(a small area where you can pet the goats, a small woody meet n greet and a play area which consists of an indoor and outdoor area, making it suitable year round.

next up, adventureland:

next to indiana jones, to the left is jungle cruise and to the right is indiana jones adventure.

jungle cruise would be guided in both english and french, and the queues would seperate close to boarding. i think this should feature a new scene, maybe of crocodiles swimming alongside the boats.

indiana jones adventure would feature the disneyland ride, and a stage where an indiana jones show would be shown
the show could be something a long the lines of indiana asking for your help to enter the mystical mayan temple. the show would contain a section where indiana stands between 4 statues, strobe lights begin, the room goes dark and the stage moves upwards to a new set.

on a terrace area overlooking the water is the enchanted tiki room, and on the waterfront is a cafe with bird cages holding up the tables.

next is discoveryland:

so in this area, discovery mountain is finally built. discovery mountain will feature space mountain, restaurants and a new entrance for nautilus. the train travels through it, and everytime it comes through the mountain, smoke comes out of the tunnel entrances.
space mountain would be in the top half of the building, and queuing on the ground floor. the layout would be the same as the one designed in the 1990s. the current space mountain would be knocked down, and in its place would be the spinning floating ride thing that is at tokyo disneysea. the queueing goes through the middle of the lake area. smoke and flame effects would be in the other half. star tours is updated to star tours II, and in front of the marquee area for star tours would be a permanent, larger version of buzz lightyear's pizza planet. however it would be closer to the pizza planet from toy story, with games machines and animatronic robot guards at the entrance.

behind videopolis is actually for fantasyland, this is actually just the showbuilding. the entrance is in fantasyland. it would be pinocchio, you will find out about this in the fantasyland section.

now its time for fantasyland, but now its actually two areas, fantasyland, and the storybookland. first, fantasyland:

in the castle courtyard is a small show like the peter pan show at the moment, only with merlin and arthur from the sword in the stone. trying to get people to pull the sword from the stone, but merlin insists that first they need to do magical dances, etc.

when i was last at dlp, i noticed that pinocchio never had a queue more than 5 minutes, meanwhile snow white had queues of 30 minutes. i think that because snow white is more popular, no one goes on  pinocchio, so i think if it was moved to the entrance of fantasyland, then it would be used more often.

in the place of pinocchio would be a dark ride for beauty and the beast. it is shocking that a hugely popular film set in france doesn't actually feature in an attraction!

fantasyland stage is removed and the tunnel that runs under the train station would link to the expansion. this will happen in real life, within 20 years(i'm positive), because the tunnel has been there since the parks opening, and an expansion would have happened within the first few years, if their estimates had worked. next to where the stage is, a winnie the pooh ride would be placed.

the expansion now, storybookland:

all entrances into storybookland are large open books. i'll start from the left and work clockwise.

the first attraction is the original dark ride for the little mermaid, which is the multi-storey version. in the corner is the storybookland gardens, an area for character meet n greets, and a small stage in the middle of the area. several times during the day, the 2011 incarnation of the character train would take place here.

next to this is splash mountain. i decided that talking rabbits and foxes can probably count as "fantasy". next to it is the storybook splashland. this is an area full of water features to get wet in. next along is the mickey's philarmagic theatre, but this has a stage so that seasonal shows could take place in it.

next to the theatre is the matterhorn bobsleds, a near copy of the anaheim attraction. the next attraction is a storybook dark ride. travelling in the omnimover system, guests travel through different stories. next to this are many restaurants, cafes and shops.

next to these shops is a dumbo type ride, where you ride in the albatross from the rescuers films.

timeline

year 1
construction of showbuildings for pinocchio and little mermaid. construction of the waterways depot building.

year 2
removal of land from the river in fronteirland. new character area built.

year 3
pinocchio opens, work on beauty and the beast begins. the concrete block for tom sawyer island put in. landscaping begins late year 3.

year 4
boats delivered for frontierland. tom sawyer island opens in the summer. fantasy festival stage demolished.

year 5
phase 1 of storybookland opens foundations for discovery mountain.

year 6
star tours II opens. construction of discovery mountain begins. beauty and the beast opens

year 7
jungle cruise works begin. tiki room works also begin.

year 8
tiki room opens. construction of winnie the pooh.

year 9
jungle cruise opens in the summer. construction of goat farm, play area and meet n greet in frontierland begins.

year 10
space mountain is fitted inside discovery mountain. frontierland petting zoo and play area opens. winnie the pooh opens.

year 11
ground floor of discovery mountain finished, opens late that year

year 12
demolition of space mountain. work begins on indiana jones adventure

year 13
phase 2 of storybookland begins construction.(the rescuers ride, splash mountain)

year 14
works on water area in discoveryland and pizza planet begins

year 15
phase 2 of storybookland opens.

year 16
indiana jones opens. pizza planet and water area opens in discoveryland

year 17
phase 3 of storybook begins construction(shops, water park, story ride)

year 19
phase 4 begins construction(philarmagic, matterhorn)

year 21
phase 4 opens, all works finished.

these works add an extra 24 attractions, making this already at least 2 day park into a 3 day park, and adding to capacity of the park.

please tell me what you think

next up, the rest of the resort